X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2017] Knight's & Magic Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ナイツ&マジック

A show about a mecha fanatic who dies and gets reborn into a fantasy world of mechas.

Airs: Sunday, July 2, 2017

Studio: 8-bit

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

A mecha otaku is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti Echevarria, also known as Eru. In this world, huge humanoid weapons known as Silhouette Knights exist. Dreaming of piloting those robots, Eru and his friends, Archid Olter and Adeltrud Olter, aim to become Knight Runners.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Need to grow.

So it starts off like Konosuba in that the MC is an otaku (more specifically a mecha one in this show), then he meets an early grave and ends up in a fantasy world. Ernesti is someone who is determined to pilot one of those mechas as quickly as possible, but the only problem is that he's too small to fit inside the cockpit and pilot it. But even so, that wasn't going to stop him from improving in all other areas. And now, his time to shine has come with an enemy invasion. So far, off to a decent enough start here, and while I enjoyed what was going on, I get the ominous feeling that things are just not going to work out in the end. So I'll keep watching for the time being.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Well this was better than I expected, but I don't think it quite makes the cut. So far it's a little too much of Ernesti being super excited about everything and so instantly good at everything that it's hard to completely connect with him. Especially since he accepts being reincarnated into this fantasy mecha world as a little kid a little too easily. Other than that, he is rather endearing and hard to really dislike despite some issues with how his progression is being presented.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I knew I would be done with it within the first 9 or 10 minutes. I watched to the end, saw the To Be Continued... and knew that I would not be continuing it.

It was cliched. It was slightly annoying (Otaku Boy is annoying). And there was nothing at all that appealed to me.
        Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Episode 2

Robots must beat robots.

A huge beast is on the attack, and Ernesti takes a huge gamble by entering one of those mechas and seeing that his body isn't big enough to reach the controls, he makes due. So with his plan, he uses air bullets to draw that thing away, and then use the sword that he stuck in its eye as a conductor for the finishing blow. After all that, everybody has taken notice seeing that he has everything to be a great knight except a machine that can support his body. That was a decent enough episode, but the CG just didn't feel right.

So with that, the trial period continues with this show as while it hasn't been overly spectacular, it's holding up.

Comment

Episode 3

Built from the ground up.

So after slaying that behemoth, Ernesti gets reward and he asks for his own customized mecha. Using what he learned in his previous life, he gets something that is quite a force to be reckoned with as Helvi gave Edgar a run for his money in the test drive. But it still needs some work as mana is drained way too fast, and Helvi would have won had it not been for that. That was a rather laid-back episode, but things are going to be quite different next time as there's trouble brewing.

With that, I'll give it one more episode as it's one of three Sunday shows under consideration and only two of them will make the cut.

Comment

So, this is like Saga of Tanya the Evil, except the MC is a good very very cute shouta--*ahem* Ernie (really?) is a cool character, with the energy and the smarts to back up his lofty dreams (which will come crashing down at some point when, I think, one or both of his friends is injured or killed). Anime, can we talk a minute? I already tempted by Astolfo, so can you stop throwing cute otoko no kos at me? Yeesh.
              Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 4

These things take time.

While Ernesti's new model is well-received, it needs some fine tuning as it drains mana pretty quickly, and the solution is in the ether reactor, a piece of technology that is top secret and is not something that a kid still in middle school is supposed to have the right to know about. And things are about to get rough with a village under attack and some sinister plotting going on. Things were set in motion earlier when Ernesti and company were lured into a trap, but those worms were nothing Ernesti couldn't handle.

So with that, the trial period is over for this show, and I'm quite torn as to whether or not I'll continue with this show. It's either this or Centaur's Life as I will only continue with one of these two Sunday shows.

Comment

Episode 5

Getting a taste of their own medicine.

Here comes Kerhilt and gang as they storm the castle and swipe two of those new models that are still in their beta phase. They could have gotten more, but thanks to the soldiers that's all they got. But nevertheless that was a punch to the gut that they got away with their secret weapon. Still, with Ernesti having built them that he knows their weaknesses. So in response, Ernesti is now commanding his own unit. Should be interesting to see how he plans to get those machines back.

So I decided that this show gets an extended trial seeing that I still haven't decided which Sunday show stays and goes. Nevertheless, it's quite a tough decision on my hands.

Comment

Episode 6

Play around with it.

Now that the Order of the Silver Phoenix has been established, it's up to Ernesti and company to get mechas for everybody. One test run almost killed Ernesti when it was just too strong. But in the end, he came through with a machine that everybody can use. Ernesti's passion for robot models really came through here seeing that he just wouldn't stop until it was perfect.

So with that, the extended trial period for this show has expired, and I'll have a decision on this show.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X