X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2017] Fox Spirit Matchmaker Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    縁結びの妖狐ちゃん

A show about humans falling in love with spirits, but due to the extreme differences in life expectancy spirits are agonizingly living on. While humans do get reborn, their memories will not, and it's the job of the matchmakers to get it back.

Airs: Saturday, July 1, 2017

Studio: Haoliners

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

In a world where Spirits and Humans coexist and can fall in love with each other, many Spirits see their human loved ones die before them due to the Spirits? much longer life expectancy.

Even when that human is reborn, the previous memories of their past life is erased from their memory. However, it is said among Spirits that a certain ?service? is spreading. This ?service? is provided by the ?Fox Spirit Matchmakers? who can revive the lost memories of their former lover.

When a Spirit loses their lover, they can purchase the service of the Fox Spirit Matchmakers to attempt to restore their former lover?s memories, and continue their love story together.

This story follows a young Fox Spirit Matchmaker who tries her best to restore lost memories and spread love.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

A match made in heaven.

And so it begins with Suusu meeting up with Gessho, who is a monk that she was assigned to seeing through a matchmaking service where humans die and reincarnate, and the service is there to find the reincarnations and get the memories back that were lost through death. And then Gessho is attached by what turns out to the princess and her highness reincarnated, and things get out of hand. Gessho turns out to be a powerful monk who is hard to figure out, but nevertheless he's not going to let anything happen to Suusu. Considering that this show of Chinese origin that I wasn't expecting much. It certainly could be worthwhile, so I'll continue watching for the moment, but at this point there is not much good about this show and the only motivation to continue is that Suusu is really cute. Nevertheless, things are all over the place at the moment.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 07-01-2017, 09:36 AM.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I feel like this does have more potential to get better as it goes on than most Haoliners shows, but that's not necessarily worth suffering through some of the usual level of quality from them.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I feel like I watched the equivalent of someone vomiting up a story on screen. Too many characters, too much crap at once. I couldn't even follow it.
        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 2

Find the other half.

So the whole matchmaking thing is explained in that memories are placed into an item that is split in half, and when the pieces are reunited, the memories and relationships return. The focus is now on Setsuyo as she and Han Unhi once saved a village from some fat lady when Han Unhi ate the water jewel that is a sand fox's weakness. And now in the present Setsuyo has been reincarnated, but now she's off marrying some rich snob into wealth, and Gessho realizes that it's not going to end well. I had a really hard time making sense of everything as the story continues to be all over the place and instead of focusing on building a story, they overdid it with the comedy to the point where the story just couldn't build up momentum.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode seeing that I want to see how this disastrous marriage-to-be ends. I'm quite sure I won't be continuing with this show as it's yet another hack job by Haoliners, but at least it's holding my interest longer than most of their other shows.

Comment

Episode 3

Drop the hammer.

Haku Gessho sure did blow quite a lot of money trying to get Han Unhi and Setsuyo reunited with those expensive gavels and talismans, which he doesn't have to pay since the matchmaking service is paying for those. Of course, he failed to realize that he needed to have the other half of the water jewel, and without that memories just keep coming out wrong. And then Fuuki has her own agenda not wanting the reunion to happen. Then lots of crazy things happen with Setsuyo going to the hospital, that guy she was with getting bitten, and then his hair being set on fire. Pretty funny stuff that was, but Gessho has his work cut out now as if anything goes wrong, the reunion never happens.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode since I want to at least get through this case. Chances are that this show is not going to stick, but at least I want to see this get resolved before leaving it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X