Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Adaptation of Shungiku Nakamura's Boys Love manga Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, anime adaptation by Studio DEEN.

ANN Encyclopedia entry
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll page

As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.

Also, please try to refrain from posting spoilers of potential and/or future plotlines, especially if you are reading/have read the manga. If you want to compare the anime to the manga, that's fine, but try to keep the spoilers away.
    maehara
    animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
    Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Episode 4

Judging by the lack of a discussion thread for this one at The Other Place, I must be the only person watching. For shame - it's a real Animation Runner Kuromi for the manga business. Just with added BL.

- recap of Takano forcing himself on Ritsu. Taser required?
    - and the running into Yokozawa. And he's dropping by at 2am because..?
    - Ritsu assuming the worst now, of course.
    - not answering calls isn't going to help clear anything up...
    - another author has staff problems - all down with flu, can't get her pages complete...
    - he's determined to find a solution, but Takano's knocking his efforts. Personal issues getting in the way, or genuine opinion..?
    - hope he's cleared those airfares with Finance...
    - this is the "let's do the best we can" learning experience...
    - must be the world's emptiest airport...
    - none of which sorts out the issues from the end of last ep...
    - and confrontation with Yokozawa is making things worse. There be jealousy in the air.
    - aaand they wake up in bed together. Which is a shock for Ritsu. Takano taking advantage of him while he was asleep..?
    - yeah, you're trying to fool yourself there, Ritsu...

Rampant jealousy by Yokozawa, which tells me that he's not as close to Takano as Ritsu thinks (fears?) he is. But the BL is kinda secondary to me - it's the production side that keeps me watching, and more good stuff on that side this week too.
    maehara

Comment

Originally posted by maehara View Post
      Judging by the lack of a discussion thread for this one at The Other Place, I must be the only person watching.
      You're not. I don't know if I'll play in this sandbox, (I just couldn't pass up the thread topic? ), but I just wanted you to know You Are Not Alone. XD (Not that I expect it would be a surprise to anyone that I'm watching.) I haven't watched this episode yet but I will as soon as I can.

But the BL is kinda secondary to me - it's the production side that keeps me watching, and more good stuff on that side this week too.
      I'm so glad you feel this way. Sadly this is where a lot of people misunderstand BL (though this is somewhat understandable in part with what has been animated [and how] in the past). I have no doubt that this will be a good character-driven show, just like most of Junjo Romantica was. (I mention JR only in case anyone is unfamiliar with the fact that it's by the same creator.)

(PS: Did I do this reply correctly? *looks askance*)
      Yay! There's debauchery here!
      Moderating: Manga

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
        I have no doubt that this will be a good character-driven show, just like most of Junjo Romantica was.
        Hadn't realised they were by the same creator - although in hindsight I should've realised, they're similar in style. Junjo was more heavily focussed on the relationships, though - the BL was the centrepiece, and that didn't appeal quite so much to me. Didn't stop me watching the full first season when Nozomi were streaming it on YouTube recently, though..!

(PS: Did I do this reply correctly? *looks askance*)
        Good question. Not using threaded mode myself so can't tell, but I'm sure someone will let us know quickly enough..!
        maehara

Comment

Originally posted by maehara View Post
          Judging by the lack of a discussion thread for this one at The Other Place, I must be the only person watching. For shame - it's a real Animation Runner Kuromi for the manga business. Just with added BL.
          I love this show. It's got a few eye rolling moments, but it's so far the best boys-love anime I think I've seen.
          Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
            It's got a few eye rolling moments
            Can I ask you which ones those are? Spoiler code 'em if necessary - I'm familiar with the material anyway.

Comment

Can I ask you which ones those are? Spoiler code 'em if necessary - I'm familiar with the material anyway.
              nah, nothing bad. just the mild over the top emotions that Ritsu expresses every now and then. Just feels out of place, but it's so much more toned down than how these shows usually are.
              Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

just the mild over the top emotions that Ritsu expresses every now and then.
                Hmm... I can't really think of scenes where this would apply for me. I don't think his reactions are out of the realm of reasonable given his feelings/history. Maybe I'm too accustomed to those reactions in my sea of BL experiences, or maybe I just relate way too well to some character in Shungiku Nakamura's works... or, probably more likely this might be a male/female POV issue? I mean, I think Nakamura manages to really get in the head of an angsty, damaged young woman--er, person-- when she characterizes these guys, but of course, most actual men don't really think or react the way BL guys do about things. Of course, I'm generalizing with this reply, because you didn't give me specific instances (which is ok, it just makes it hard to reply because I'm trying to remember 3 episodes worth of adorableness).

Though I agree general angst is toned down a bit by comparison to some.

Comment

Re: Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi Discussion Thread

nah, nothing bad. just the mild over the top emotions that Ritsu expresses every now and then. Just feels out of place, but it's so much more toned down than how these shows usually are.
                  I kinda have to agree with this. Ritsu seems to be rather stubborn in sticking to his principles, and it's kinda stilted at times.

That said, how the hell did I not hear about this show until today, and even then, only by accident? I just tripped over it at Crunchyroll, and well...
                  -dunno001
                  -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
                  -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Originally posted by dunno001 View Post
                    Ritsu seems to be rather stubborn in sticking to his principles
                    Eeehhh, but he's a tsundere? Isn't that what they DO? /runs

That said, how the hell did I not hear about this show until today, and even then, only by accident?
                    Shame on you! SHAME! (But: yay, now you can luv it too!)

Maybe none of us are talking about this show here anymore but: Kyaaaaaa, Yukina and Kisa! Moe buttons pushed! Age-gap? Check. Totally Effing Adorably Angsty Kisa? Check-o! Sparkly fluffy seme? Yes please!

Ok, so they're kinda sorta Hiro and Nowaki all over again, but THAT IS WHY I LUFF THEM SO MUCH.

edit: ....eh, obviously I broke the threaded episode thing since I talked about Episode 8 just now. Oh well, sue me.
                    Last edited by Noodle; 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM. Reason: I fail at these threads

Comment

edit: ....eh, obviously I broke the threaded episode thing since I talked about Episode 8 just now. Oh well, sue me.
                      Fine, I think I will. I still have to wait about 19 more hours before ep 8 is availiable to me. I'm saving the trial premium for the end of the series...
                      -dunno001
                      -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Episode 8

Yeah, yeah, so premium members have 9; I just saw 8. And I have to say that this is reminding me of how I would have been frustrated watching Junjou one episode a week- the similar character design bases also doesn't help matters. Yet, with the introduction of the 3rd pairing here, it's still being something I actively have to keep track of. But, I SO would take Kisa! He's got a great job, and the internal struggles he's going through just endear me to him even more. Yukina, well... I don't know about him as much...
                        -dunno001

Comment

Re: Episode 8

Yukina, well... I don't know about him as much...
                          Just wait a week.
                          (Not that I don't love Kisa, because, OMG, I totes love Kisa.)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X