X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2017] Super Lovers 2 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    SUPER LOVERS(スーパーラヴァーズ) 2

The story of love between two adopted brothers continue as things have taken quite a serious turn when Ren's past comes into focus and his extremely close relationship is being threatened.

Airs: Thursday, January 12

Studio: Deen

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

After leaving Canada to move in with Haru, Rei was finally getting used to living as the youngest of four brothers, and Haru's new café was beginning to thrive... when their mother, Haruko, showed up and said she was taking Rei with her to Switzerland! The shock of her sudden declaration just when Haru and Rei had begun to grow closer led to increasing discord between them. Is more trouble on the horizon?!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

He'll miss on the Swiss.

Last time, Haruko's appearance led to a lot of problems for Ren as he faces a big decision to stay in Japan and live with his adoptive brothers, or to move to Switzerland to live with his mother. While Haruko is pretty steadfast wanting Ren to move, there's nothing she could do that would change his mind unless Haru is suddenly taken away from him. That was nice to get back into the thick of things, and Tanuki is staying with the brothers seeing that he has gotten to attached to be returned to the old man. Should be interesting to see how things go from here as there were lots of questions being asked with the way the first season ended.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

First episode and Haru is already getting even further with Ren! Of course, it can only get so far before things get in the way, but it's definitely heading in a good direction for both.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Idiots will be idiots.

Haruko sure doesn't know when to quit, but after seeing Ren and Haru continue to hook up that she had no choice but to head back to Switzerland without Ren. Aki sure is pissed off in regards to the fallout from the accident and not being accommodating when Haru went through such a traumatizing time. But in the end, everybody is feeling so close to each other after that birthday party. And seeing Ren in that girl's seifuku that Kiyoka had given Haru as a present sure is priceless.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Oh Ren, you sure know know what to say in front of your entire family. There is no naivete more extreme than this.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

Lots of cleaning up to do.

Ren decides to take a part-time job during the summer working for the old man he used to live with to clean up an apartment that has accumulated so much junk seeing that the tenant hasn't been back for quite some time, and that place is such a dump. It's bad enough that there's so much trash that a lot needed to be cleared out before the window could even be opened, but there's also a dead dog's corpse buried underneath all that. And then some guy who calls himself Natsu approaches Ren and takes him somewhere. It's good to see Ren taking responsibility, but he's gotten himself into a big mess of his own.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

We never got a Fuyu, but we do get a second Natsu!
              Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 01-26-2017, 07:05 PM.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

There's another huge mess to clean up.

That Natsu guy is Haru's cousin, Natsuo Shiba. His apartment is another dump that is no problem for Ren seeing that there's no dead dog corpse to deal with this time. But tension boils over due to a series of events with Natsu ordering Ren to keep his visit a secret, Natsu paying Ren way too much money for the job, and Ren being careless with it as he gets grounded when Haru found out about the payment. It's good to see that Ren is so helpful, but the rest of the family needs to make amends, especially with Haru and Natsu as Haru has maturity problems while Natsu is letting things get to his head.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Ren should probably learn not to get into cars with strangers, even if they're hot dudes who look like Haru, and turn out to be related to him and even serving as his replacement at work. And it ends up creating new drama in its own way, through Ren not telling Haru about all of his activities. This family can be pretty messy.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 5

Let's clear the air here.

Haru finally figured it out as to what was happening with his cousin as he used Ren's cell phone to call him out. Natsuo sure did cause quite a lot of trouble there, but in the end he had to stand up to Haru sooner or later. In the meantime, Ren continues to work hard, and he even caught a burglar that was trying to raid the apartment complex he was doing his cleaning job at. Anyway, that was some solid drama there as it all goes to show just how immature Haru and Natsuo both are, albeit in different ways. Then it ends with Ren able to tell those two apart by using his sense of smell, and that was pretty hilarious.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Natsu 2 tries to keep himself secret from Haru at first, but Haru is so pathetically clueless that he just shows up to reveal himself anyway. It's really more of a game to him, and he pisses Haru off like nobody's business. It is unfortunate that Haru's name as a host made things so confusing when he replaced him, but he should've just also switched to a name that was nothing like his own so it wouldn't be an issue. At any rate, he's just one more obstacle to interrupt the boys when they start getting real steamy.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 6

For him, life's not a beach.

With the cafe closed while Haru is recovering from his injury, he takes this moment to go to the hospital and be reminded that he never visited his family's grave in seven years. Then it's off to the beach where Kiyoka is also there on a company outing. And then things get really dicey there when as Ren and Haru were kissing, Ren bit Haru's tongue. Kiyoka sure works for a bunch of weirdos. Anyway, Ren got a taste of the ocean for the first time in his life, and those boys sure were acting like fools.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

While I'm buried in feet of snow, every anime is getting to its beach episode.

So this show has both the gorgeous and hideous gay stereotypes. Hmm...
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 7

Age doesn't determine maturity.

The school doctor has moved into Ren's old apartment, and Ren is out to go see the dentist in a week. While that's going on, the ladies have sure been coming, and in particular one of them wants to become a waitress there. While that's going on, more drama between Haru and Ren as now Ren is turning to Natsuo when things get rough. And of course, it goes to show that while age and maturity usually go together, that's not exactly the case here with Ren more mature for his age, and Haru less so for his. So Ren needs to get away from it all for a moment, and it will be interesting to see what happens after he spends a night at Natsuo's apartment.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Funny, I just got a call today to remind me of my dentist appointment next Tuesday. Things are getting more tense between the boys the closer they get. Hopefully Ren and Natsu don't do anything stupid, and Haru can eventually smarten up.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...