Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 6

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
    Love this show. Coming off KyoAni's intricately drawn Dragon Maid, the seemingly casual, almost random approach here always seems especially engaging. It's the silly rough drawn stuff like the kotatsu being thrown--laterally--out the window, or the spastic hysterics of Aqua, both making way for the few surprisingly dynamic scenes, like Kazuma turning in the tree and the archery shots.
    So very true. The animation is top notch. I still love the delicate shading and lighting that goes along with it too. 'Unconventional eye-candy' to say the least.
    The energy and clownishness of the cast was in fine form here, again, one of those times where I really have to give group recording the credit it's due. I bring it up often in the series, but the looseness and silliness they express really is unique. Parodies and satires are common these days, but most are acted as straight and generically as anything else--this cast and crew are very much instead in the spirit of things.

Best ensemble seiyuu cast I've heard in years.
    Ditto in full agreement. Haven't heard this kind of fluidity, expression, and cohesiveness with the cast enjoying their performances, since forever. Can't even remember the last anime to name that shares a similar production.

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    always such a fun series, and love the irony at the end card...sorry Yunyun; pot dear, pot.
    Glad others pay attention to those. (Have to pause to read them, of course. ) Usually they're just quirky or weird (Darkness or Megumin expressing their philosophies) but this one got a good laugh. Poor Yunyun.

Eris there, about the secret--that's the second time she's left him with that request to keep one. It was never quite clear what she meant the first time (letting him go back, presumably), but now it just seems like she enjoys playing that sort of game...
    I'm honestly guessing it's something he'll regret. But I'll be quite elated if proven wrong since it does seem really predictable at this point.

Now, where did Megumin's dirty tricky mind come from, I wonder? But either way, Aqua's face at the end is one for the ages.
    Love it. But Megumin was always a closet perv, if you can call her that. Nothing like Darkness, but she does have an instance or two when she's fantasized dirty thoughts. Staff writhing to name a scene. Aqua's facial antics are always a blast; whether in agony or in patronizing, she'll always be the one whom the others are compared against.

Comment

Can't a man who's just defeated a major minion of the Demon King enjoy a quiet winter under the kotatsu?

I am curious as to what Eris's secret is this time. Hopefully it results in a big laugh line.
      Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
      Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

I find it amusing that for all his ranting about Aqua and the others being idiots, he's the one who first of all of didn't figure out "Dead King=Competition For Replacement" and ended up draining MP from Megumin they needed later.

Comment

Re: Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 (KonoSuba 2) Discussion Thread

Yup he does screw things up here also doesn't he. I should have seen the "sword" things coming after the actual sword was so short but it wasn't until now that I realized part of the crying they were all doing at the end could have been because of seeing his "sword" not him actually not wanting to come back. But eh who knows. Funny episode as usual and very entertaining. This show came out of left field for me last season and I am really happy it is continuing to be enjoyable. Megimun having a dirty mind while looking like a loli is never going to get old.
          There is no coincidence only inevitability

Comment

Episode 7

They're going out and about.

After that last battle, Kazuma is still recovering, while Vanir has come with a proposal for him. But before deciding whether to go into business or not seeing that there's still the demon king to fight, he decides to take a trip out of town to a hot springs resort. Along the way, they are attacked by a pack of charging birds that are attracted to Darkness with her heavy armor. So they stay and fight.

Vanir is so amusing seeing him getting down to business and constructing his body out of dirt. Aqua's luck sure is bad seeing that she can't beat him in rock, paper, scissors and ends up being relegated to the back seat for the trip that it's funny. Seeing Darkness getting ready for another beating is also hilarious as well. Pretty much, it goes to show just how crazy things get with these adventurers around.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
            Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
            Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 7

It's interesting how we get religious criticism from our demon king commanders. There was a bit of the idea of religious authorities being money-grubbing behind Wiz's introduction in helping poor souls, and here Vanir takes that on again in addition to ridiculing the idea of God always watching by comparing it to a peeping tom. Oh, and then Vanir's offer of money from Kazuma's goods (either way to collect seems attractive to them and hard to decide between) gets to corrupting both Kazuma and Aqua immediately (even the latter's disdain for the unholy can't hold back the desire for the easy life). I love how those two are quite in unison in that regard. Poor Megumin is all alone in trying to get them back to normal, with Darkness anticipating more how low they can fall. Megumin happens upon just the right excuse, though... I just knew exactly why Kazuma immediately changed course upon hearing the words "hot spring". Vanir knows too, haha.

And so they set off. Besides Aqua's poor luck, they get a rather pleasant, relaxing sendoff for their wagon caravan. With how nicely that went, I just knew there was going to be something to come and derail a seemingly uneventful trip. It's funny how the driver mentioned "Sandwhale" among the possible occurences. Would be quite the coincidence to have a problem with some kind of whale here in an isekai wagon trip, but it's not that. Kazuma is used to Aqua being an unfortunate undead magnet, but this time it's Darkness that's drawing monsters straight into collision path with them. And course, she's all too happy about that. I love the jokes when we get to see observing adventurers always misunderstanding Darkness's perverted antics in the most positive light.

So this trip to onsen looks like it's not quite going to be simple R&R, but of course a multi-episode ordeal. Wonder what we'll get with the baby red dragon's role, besides depriving Aqua of her seat. I like how Megumin insists that Chomusuke is cuter but quickly gets to changing her mind when Chomusuke decides to play with Wiz's boobies. Oh, and speaking of that, poor Yunyun happens to gather to nerve to challenge Megumin at just the point they've already set out. Funny how the last few episodes' next-episode previews have been a series for her. Dodonko and Funifura (lovely Crimson Tribe names) didn't believe her letter at all. Haha.
              Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 02-22-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Kazuma gets the deal of a lifetime, and given how everything goes down in his life, of course everything is just going to work out perfectly. Even before knowing any of the reason behind it, those scenes of him and Aqua being rich snobs were pure gold. Aqua has to remind herself why they're here in the first place, but she'll take Kazuma's lazy solution by using the money he expects to have. And Darkness loves how much more pathetic he continues to become.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Heart of the show, there, the scenes of leaving home--the town and friends--for a trip. (And the trip itself. Part of the way.) Same as the EDs have always worked. It's always been a curious case of world building, being so sincere about place and people. I can't say exactly why it makes the comedy even better, but it does.

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                  Funny how the last few episodes' next-episode previews have been a series for her. Dodonko and Funifura (lovely Crimson Tribe names) didn't believe her letter at all. Haha.
                  Loved that. "Honest!"

Incidentally, I wonder if I figured out a candidate for Eris's secret surface excursions...
                  Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                  TFP Forum Rules

Comment

First there is denial....Hah! Loved every bit of Aqua and Kazuma's delusion. Even Megumin's reaction to their creepiness was hilarious. Actually, the entire episode was downright pure comedy gold :D

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                    Heart of the show, there, the scenes of leaving home--the town and friends--for a trip. (And the trip itself. Part of the way.) Same as the EDs have always worked. It's always been a curious case of world building, being so sincere about place and people. I can't say exactly why it makes the comedy even better, but it does.
                    I think the comedy strength has to do with the unexpected, or at least the incidentals that turn up as they travel. I mean, look at the trivial things like poor Aqua's butt hurting and her reaction right before she's relieved when the caravan stops. Could also be the overall direction, like the other details, with Megumin choosing 'bests' (tied to the sound direction in this show, which is impressive) and the cat playing with Wiz's boobs, to Kazuma running past the guards, internally apologizing for the misunderstandings they had for Darkness. These all flow together so brilliantly it's really hard not to be amused.

Funny how the last few episodes' next-episode previews have been a series for her. Dodonko and Funifura (lovely Crimson Tribe names) didn't believe her letter at all. Haha.
                    Loved that. "Honest!"

Incidentally, I wonder if I figured out a candidate for Eris's secret surface excursions...

It's funny, yet I feel a little pity for her. Really, poor Yunyun. :D Since I don't follow the source, I'm curious whether these are included and if so, how they're shown against the main content. Something like a side panel or separate page to indicate her perspective?

Comment

First there is denial....Hah! Loved every bit of Aqua and Kazuma's delusion. Even Megumin's reaction to their creepiness was hilarious. Actually, the entire episode was downright pure comedy gold :D

…to Kazuma running past the guards, internally apologizing for the misunderstandings they had for Darkness. These all flow together so brilliantly it's really hard not to be amused.
                      It was. And that last bit was my favorite part. I loved Kazuma's feeling really bad about the caravan guards mistaking Darkness's actions to "protect them," to the point where he felt the need to get down on his knees to apologize for her perversion. Oh Darkness…

I wonder if Yunyun will show up at the hot springs.
                      Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                      Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post

Not sure, but will be hilarious if she really does. Then she'll probably have something else to 'add' to her letters..I'm guessing beating 'Megumin' in boob-size, which she's already proud of.

Comment

Since I don't follow the source, I'm curious whether these are included and if so, how they're shown against the main content. Something like a side panel or separate page to indicate her perspective?
                          I've only read the first novel (so I don't know if there may be something like it in future volumes or spinoffs), but it didn't have anything like the letters in the next-episode previews. I assume it's just a fun touch added by the anime staff. On a side note, you can hear the full versions of the previews on Kadokawa's YouTube channel.

Comment

Since I don't follow the source, I'm curious whether these are included and if so, how they're shown against the main content. Something like a side panel or separate page to indicate her perspective?
                            I've only read the first novel (so I don't know if there may be something like it in future volumes or spinoffs), but it didn't have anything like the letters in the next-episode previews. I assume it's just a fun touch added by the anime staff. On a side note, you can hear the full versions of the previews on Kadokawa's YouTube channel.
                            cool; hopefully these small endcards make it to the BD releases. Can never tell when things like these are omitted...

Comment

Ah, and one thing I just realized looking at the next-ep previews on YouTube: I like how the handwriting fits the character too. Megumin's is particularly amusing in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post

Not sure, but will be hilarious if she really does. Then she'll probably have something else to 'add' to her letters..I'm guessing beating 'Megumin' in boob-size, which she's already proud of.
                                That would really be something if the next encounter is there. When there is a hot springs trip, the girls are all coming (though a couple of the ladies aren't making the trip). And of course, there's bound to be a peeping incident knowing how these things go.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
                                Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                                Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X