Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 (KonoSuba 2) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 2

All hail the giant toads! Not even Sena can escape their slimy mouthy grasps :D .

I think Yunyun will be a good addition to the cast. She already is developing a good rapport with Kazuma and especially Megumin. She can fill the void that Darkness left until she's finished with her "business" with Aldarp.
    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
    Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Back to more standard material, although it really is just at the top of its game at all times now. This show always had so much potential for brilliant comedy, so it's wonderful to see it live up to it in such a huge way.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I was a bit disappointed with episode 1. It was good, but the humor wasn't quite as there as it was in season 1.

But episode 2? ROFLMAO!!!! Oh, man, this show's humor is more then back in full form, it might've even surpassed last season's! The toads, Wiz (and her bust)and the cat, the bath sequence, and then Megumin and Yunyun's "duel". Hysterical, all of it.

FYI, Yunyun was introduced in the unaired OVA, although this could well be the original introduction.

And now to find out what's going on with Darkness...

Now, when I talked about the animation skimping on the budget, please note: I think it's just all-around inferior to Season 1. I've no problem with simplifying animation for comedic effect. This is done with many programs out there, with varying degrees of success. I just think the quality's not as good in Season 2 as Season 1 on an across the board level. I'd re-watched all of Season 1 in the week before episode 1 of Season 2, so the difference was noticeable.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Every chuuni needs an arch-rival! So, perfect. Yunyun was always in the first season's OP, as one of the roll call frames at the end; obviously known to source readers, but almost makes me wonder if she'd been planned for that season at one point. (She's also in the background to this season's OP. Which is just as great, may I add.)

Kazuma and Megumin alone are quite fun, after the first time last season, also oddly enough about intimate matters (amidst freaky dolls). Proving the continued sharp writing, just cutting to them both in the bath after all the hysterics was perfect.

And fantastic to hear Sora Amamiya yelling in panic again, so soon.

Last and not least, these great EDs. Now more country-folk, but still the same "hometown" themes. Just great.
          Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
          Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
          Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
            Yunyun was always in the first season's OP, as one of the roll call frames at the end; obviously known to source readers, but almost makes me wonder if she'd been planned for that season at one point.
            She was in the novel-bundled OVA episode, which used the same OP as the first season (and numbered as "episode 11" in the OP). Although as General Hentai alluded to, I think that episode may take place later (IIRC they seemed to already know Yunyun), so this episode may be the proper introduction of the character anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
              ... I just think the quality's not as good in Season 2 as Season 1 on an across the board level. I'd re-watched all of Season 1 in the week before episode 1 of Season 2, so the difference was noticeable.
              Funny, I just finished rewatching S1 last night, with a special eye on animation (seeing normal modest decline towards the latter half, with the usual suspects like background characters), and immediately took in episode 1 here again, and noticed no change whatsoever. Anything specific?

It would not be surprising if a second cour does see some decline, but I'm not seeing it yet. Not comparing similar content: for the silly and simple set pieces out in a field or on the street, which is all we have so far, it's indistinguishable; but S1 ended with several high-budget battle scenes, and until we have one of those we can't really say where the budget is.

Thanks (and to you, EB) for noting Yunyun was in the OVA, though, so same backdoor introduction as Wiz.
              Last edited by bctaris; 01-19-2017, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                The need to deslimify leads to some bath antics with Kazuma and Megumin. Locking the door to the bath? This is anime: of course that's always forgotten (and just as Kazuma was talking down the tropes in his fight with Megumin earlier over who got to enter first)
                Loved the self-awareness of the tropes being criticized so brilliantly; and a second later, they play into their own mockery. :D

And yeah, poor Yunyun. How can she even compete against Megumin's caustic wit? Megumin's comebacks are too much for the innocent Yunyun, who apparently had a very pathetic, lonely childhood...but, we've only really seen Yunyun's past. What about Megumin's? Seems like she's probably in the same boat considering what she said of the crystal ball; and every flashback of Yunyun with a friend was only of Megumin and nobody else. Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                  Megumin's comebacks are too much for the innocent Yunyun, who apparently had a very pathetic, lonely childhood...but, we've only really seen Yunyun's past. What about Megumin's? Seems like she's probably in the same boat considering what she said of the crystal ball; and every flashback of Yunyun with a friend was only of Megumin and nobody else. Curious.
                  Actually, they had separate flashbacks for Megumin, and Yunyun wasn't with her. That other girl was apparently Megumin's little sister (she calls her "oneechan" at least), who I'm curious about (hopefully she'll get introduced in the present at some point).

Comment

And yeah, poor Yunyun. How can she even compete against Megumin's caustic wit? Megumin's comebacks are too much for the innocent Yunyun, who apparently had a very pathetic, lonely childhood...but, we've only really seen Yunyun's past. What about Megumin's? Seems like she's probably in the same boat considering what she said of the crystal ball; and every flashback of Yunyun with a friend was only of Megumin and nobody else. Curious.
                    Yunyun was always alone in her flashbacks, but wealthy (being daughter of the clan leader) while Megumin was always just hounding food to share with, apparently, her little sister...and seemed quite dirt poor. (Or, given usual tropes, maybe surviving parental debt. She's always seen eating a lot, however, anyway.) [Or what EB said. ]

Worth noting the funny bit that Megumin's been keeping score all along though.

Comment

Heh, I was amused by that too. I thought she had only recorded wins, though looking at it again, apparently there was one admitted loss to Yunyun in there.

Comment

Yunyun was always alone in her flashbacks, but wealthy (being daughter of the clan leader) while Megumin was always just hounding food to share with, apparently, her little sister...and seemed quite dirt poor. (Or, given usual tropes, maybe surviving parental debt. She's always seen eating a lot, however, anyway.) [Or what EB said. ]

Not sure how I saw Megumin's sister as Yunyun, but yeah, you're right. Should be fun if they include her later in the series...Interesting if something came up between her and Megumin (since they're not together) and/or if Megumin is really on the run from her. :D

Comment

Not sure how I saw Megumin's sister as Yunyun, but yeah, you're right. Should be fun if they include her later in the series...Interesting if something came up between her and Megumin (since they're not together) and/or if Megumin is really on the run from her. :D
                          Or named the cat after her.

Comment

Yunyun makes her debut and she's kinda cute. Hilarious seeing Megumin tease her so much. Yunyun really wants to beat Megumin but Megumin has no interest in such things. Yunyun and Megumin sure had a sad past. I was about to feel really sorry for them but then they made a joke of it lol. Yunyun was (and probably still is) a rich girl but she got bullied and didn't have any friends. Megumin was a poor girl and also didn't have friends. And she probably never even got the idea of making Yunyun her friend.

Lol when Megumin and Kazuma were covered in slime and were fighting for the bath, but then they both ended up in together. Lol Kazuma got beat up by a little girl. Kazuma sure loves making fun of Megumin even when his life is at stake. The bastard. Lol he got branded as a pedo-NEET. Hilarious as always.
                            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 3

Gone into hiding.

The next quest is to explore an unexplored cave, which has yet not been made public. It turns out to be filled with undead monsters for which Aqua can deal with. The place happens to be haunted by a Keele who saved a noble's daughter from an arranged marriage and went into hiding there where he turned into an evil wizard. With the woman long dead that all he wants is to be purifird, which Aqua does. With the reward, everybody parties hard.

That was pretty bizarre how everything went down, but nevertheless Aqua really came through and many who have ventured didn't have somebody like her around. Keele sure is a bold man to do whatever it takes to make that woman happy even if the whole nation turned on him. Then things went out of control there at the end seeing that Kazuma has a huge dept to pay. That was another hilarious adventure Kazuma went on.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                              Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Wow, two my last two remaining Winter 2017 Wednesday Crunchyroll series both had chests that turned out to be mimics in their respective episodes for this week.

Aqua is acting uncharacteristically goddess-like, so naturally something is up. As it turns out, she's attracting all of the undeads attacking them, making her look so impressive by blowing them all away. Kazuma's reactions really are the best, although everything about that dynamic is gold, and it's great to have a new episode following just the two of them on an adventure. Every member of the party is fantastic in terrible, terrible ways, but there's just something special about how these two act with each other. Kazuma completely abandoning Aqua upon realizing the truth is such a KonoSuba scene, and I love that. Of course everyone inevitably makes it out without us seeing how, but that quick cut from a moment of desperation to the crying aftermath (usually for Aqua) is just as characteristic of what makes this series such a blast.

Kazuma is doomed to never hold onto any of his money with how easily he gives in to moments like this. What a crew.

Keele is a pretty chill guy, as well. It's a given that no confrontation is going to be the least bit serious, but Keele wasn't even an enemy at all.
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...