New season of Gintama.

Airs: Monday, January 9

Studio: Sunrise

MyAnimeList.net
    Anime News Network
    Official website
    Crunchyroll

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Episode 317

Always worth checking in to see if anyone on the forum is watching this yet. This looks to be the last one, and holy shit is it already more plot-heavy than ever!

Of course they were going to start off with some commentary on being moved to the late-night slot, and they managed to get a good bit of comedy in before the real heavy stuff, skillfully mixing it in with a recap from Katsura for those who may just be joining us. It makes sense that this would be the one time they'd do that, both because the previous season ended on two very important and related arcs and this one begins right where it left off, continuing on with the next very important arc that is equally related to those two and because of the aforementioned time slot move. Obviously it should go without saying that this is the fifth season and the 317th episode, though, so with all of the previous content readily available in the same place, there is no reason that anyone in the regions with access to it should be starting here without having seen everything that leads up to it.

In fact, that's truer now than ever, because the only reason this all has so much impact is because it builds upon everything that came before, as any good final stretch should. It's why an episode that, once it gets past that wonderful comedy, is mostly exposition can already be as amazing as we expect any new season of Gintama to be. Now to see how this coincides with the end of the manga, if they manage to time them right, and when it will get to that point. It's an extremely exciting time, that's for sure.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...