X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2017] ēlDLIVE Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    エルドライブ 【ēlDLIVE】

A show about a boy who finds himself in another world full of aliens and is recruited to be a member of a police force in another dimension.

Airs: Sunuday, January 8

Studio: Pierrot

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Chuuta Kokonose is an orphan who lives with his aunt. For as long as he can remember, he's had a voice in his head, but other than that he's a normal boy—right until the day when a strange-looking thing follows him home and teleports him to a place filled with more fantastic creatures. It's a space police station, and Rein Brickke, the Chief of Solar System Department, tells him that he's been chosen by the computer as a possible candidate to join the police force. Misuzu Sonokata, a girl from Chuuta's school with an angelic face and ill temper who turns out to be one of Rein Brickke's subordinates, doesn't think him suitable for such a job. Chuuta, who was shocked at first, decides to take the aptitude test after being urged by the voice in his head and to prove Misuzu wrong.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Aliens are among them.

So it begins with some ordinary guy with an unusual sense for the extraterrestrial, and out of nowhere he gets transported into space where he is recruited to be an officer for a space police force. Then right away, it's onto his first case arresting a fat blob that was disguised as a seductive woman holding his friend captive, and using his alien assistant he stitches it up. Well, that was a pretty bland way to begin things as the MC is someone I just can't get behind all while it figures to be just another one of those generic shonen action shows. I'll give it another episode, but I don't see this making the cut.
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

It's tough; this has a weak start, but so did Reborn!, and that got shockingly good. So I'll definitely give it some more to see what I think when it gets settled in, but I don't know if I'll have the same patience.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        Aliens are among them.

So it begins with some ordinary guy with an unusual sense for the extraterrestrial, and out of nowhere he gets transported into space where he is recruited to be an officer for a space police force. Then right away, it's onto his first case arresting a fat blob that was disguised as a seductive woman holding his friend captive, and using his alien assistant he stitches it up. Well, that was a pretty bland way to begin things as the MC is someone I just can't get behind all while it figures to be just another one of those generic shonen action shows. I'll give it another episode, but I don't see this making the cut.
        Yeah, bland seems to be an all too accurate word for this season.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

Here comes the Super Cool Space Girl.

So Chuta is trying to make sense of everything as Dolugh is attached to him while he learns that Misuzu is also a part of the same space police organization he was recruited by. Then comes a crab alien and unlike the first alien he defeated, that stitching technique is useless and in comes Misuzu transforming into an angle to cook that crab alien. At least seeing Misuzu in action is pretty cool, but other than that it's the same old stuff I have seen time and again. I'll give it one more episode, but it looks like that will be it unless things change dramatically.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Okay, I've lost all hope that show has any shred of potential. It's just completely inane garbage, and I don't have the endurance to suffer through any more wishing that it might one day become somewhat watchable.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Misuzu's other form is nice looking, so I'll give her that. However to be honest, her character is rather boring. There are ways better versions of the "All I ever do is act hateful" archetype anyway.

Some aspects had potential, but I have little confidence they will all be brought together. Plus the 2 leads or maybe even 3 leads are dragging it down. Yeah, done with this show.

Comment

Episode 3

Freeze, and it won't stick.

Things get a bit more serious here as Chuta's aunt Mimi gets injured by an alien who is out to steal some bubble gum, but thanks to Misuzu all Mimi remembers is that there was something wrong with the building. So to defeat this bubblegum monster, Chuta gets the idea to freeze the monster so that it doesn't stick, and as such Chuta goes from almost losing Dolugh due to his negative thoughts to becoming a member of elDLIVE. At least it got more serious, but still is the same old boring and generic stuff.

So with that, this will be it for me with this show. I wanted to give this show a chance, but I was quickly losing interest and I heard that things turn around in the manga, but I don't want to wait for that to happen, so that will be all.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X