• Show
Clear All
  • Buckeye
    Stub Hoarder
    • May 2011

[Winter 2017] Urara Meirocho Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    うらら迷路帖

A show about cute girls learning the ways of fortune telling.

Airs: Thursday, Jan. 5

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Anime Network

This is Meiro-machi (Labyrinth Town), the town of fortune-telling. In town, there is a fortune-telling shop called Urara, where girls aspiring to be fortune-tellers come from all over the country. Chiya, who was raised in the mountains, comes to the town with a purpose, but what is it exactly? There, she meets Kon who is always serious, Koume who loves all things western, and the shy Nono. Their fun days of living together as apprentice fortune-tellers are about to begin.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Avatar: Ivy, The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash
    Watching: Ooku, Shippuden, One Piece, FGO Babylonia, Vinland Saga
    Simulcasts: MDA, SAF, BLE, HMS, BSD, CFV, DDM, HMY, JJK, MRV, MTE, KNO, WSK, RKN, ZOM, HLC, UMF, HLB, 7MS, DNY, TEM, OKT, SMW, SYD
    A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.
  • Buckeye
    Stub Hoarder
    • May 2011

Episode 1

Here's some fortune for the belly.

Those girls are a really colorful bunch there as they sure do love to mess around. Chiya just loves to go around exposing bellies left and right, while Saku is not exactly pleased about everything that went down. Kon is really cute, especially when she gets embarrassed like the time when the girls were feeling out her ears. Then there's Koume who is into Western stuff, and Nono who is really shy. So far, it's off to a decent start as while the girls are eye candy and the humor is solid, I have a feeling that it's just going to be repetitive, and the belly stuff is already getting old.

So with that, I'll stick around for awhile, but that could change if the show ends up being exclusive to TAN as at the moment, there's no news as to whether or not it's coming to other places.
    Simulcasts: MDA, SAF, BLE, HMS, BSD, CFV, DDM, HMY, JJK, MRV, MTE, KNO, WSK, RKN, ZOM, HLC, UMF, HLB, 7MS, DNY, TEM, OKT, SMW, SYD

Comment

• GingaDaiuchuu
      Site Staff

• May 2011

Re: Episode 1

It's hard to want Sentai to get more simulcasts when they make them exclusive to TAN. Fortunately, I don't have to get a subscription yet, since this isn't something I'll be watching any more of. It does look nicer than I was expecting, but otherwise there's not much to it, just cute girls and an annoying excuse to take some of their clothes off on a regular basis.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

• Yamada2
        Superhero in Training
        • Aug 2014

This was too cute and hilarious. Chiyo to is something lol. All that belly button... All these girls are quite fun in many ways. Chiya especially with her randomness. Kon was a fox girl lol. Turns out that's a ribbon and she has no tail (thanks Chiya). The comedy was pretty spot on mostly. I just got my seasonal dose of cute girls.
        My Reviews — My MAL Profile — My Anime List

Comment

• Sensuifu
          I can pick my own name now!
          • Apr 2011

funny how Koume looks like a cross between Rize Tedeza and Hinata Kuraue.

hah, that ventriloquist bit. :D I had a feeling it'd end up that way, but the way it was executed was pretty hilarious.

Comment

• Buckeye
            Stub Hoarder
            • May 2011

Episode 2

Aiming for the top.

The urara ranking system is explained as Chiya will have to earn her way to the top if she wants to see her mother that she believes is in the top rank area of the town, and with the way the town is structured, she can only access the 10th rank area at the moment. So Chiya is determined to get to the top, but things don't go so well right out of the gate with the burning lantern fortune telling. Chiya's hair caught on fire, and everything went by the wayside. Those girls sure have a long road ahead of them, but at least they aren't letting that get them down.

So seeing that another subscription is required to watch this show that I probably won't be sticking with this show for the long haul.

Comment

• Yamada2
              Superhero in Training
              • Aug 2014

Re: Episode 2

This show is just too cute. Chiya wants to find her mother but knows absolutely nothing about her. Lol when Kon said that Chiya probably wants to find her by sniffing or some and Chiya says that that's impossible. They played the belly joke differently here as Chiya has stopped doing that and Koume was doing it for her when she was apologizing. I think they'll give that joke a break for now. The doll was super creepy lol. There was that touching moment when Chiya said that she doesn't care if she gets expelled from the city because she only came here for her mother in the first place.

This show is looking to be better than last season's cute show. Chiya and Kon are just too kawaii. The comedy is pretty spot on too and there are some touching moments too.

Comment

• Library-chan
                Too Old For This... Stuff
                • May 2011

Well, that was a huge helping a sugar...and midriffs! Chiya is lots of fun, with a weird outfit to match. Also, cop-chan's two subordinates are lots of fun, obviously in love with their boss. One of my must watchs of the season (along with Demi-chan and Maid Dragon).
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

• Library-chan
                  • May 2011

Re: Episode 2

Oh, Chiya sleeping with Kon on the window still with her hair wrapped around Kon was just too adorable! Right to the Hhhnnnnnggggg.

Comment

• Buckeye
                    Stub Hoarder
                    • May 2011

Episode 3

A girl's hair is her life.

While seeing those girls working part-time at Benten's shop is great, especially since Kon is wearing all sorts of different outfits, unfortunately it puts their careers as fortune tellers in jeopardy as they can't afford to take a year off training after breaking that crystal ball, so Chiya decides to bet it against the legendary gambler Benten, who was going to let her win anyway. Then there's something about Chiya's hair and as it turns out it actually consists of a bunch of snakes as it gets stuck in Koume's shirt. So they had to take a bath together to get it unsnagged and thus, a rivalry is born. Pretty amusing to see those girls doing crazy things.

So with that, I think this will be it for the time being as I'm not up for getting another subscription at this time to keep on watching this. But in any case, this show has been enjoyable, just not enough to keep it on this season's watchlist.

Comment

• Yamada2
                      Superhero in Training
                      • Aug 2014

Re: Episode 3

The girls go on an errand to the biggest divination stuff shop in the city and in their excitement over all the new things there, they break a crystal ball and have to pay for it with their bodies. Lol when they pushed Chiya forward with an open belly. Lol when the shop owner had Kon wear all the different outfits. Also, ponytail Chiya is too kawaii.

Chiya gets her hair stuck in Koume's buttons. Koume doesn't want to ruin her dress and Chiya is traumatized so she can't cut her hair. It's good in a way since this way her hair will stay long like it should. Lol the two tried to do everything together but were failing. Koume wanting to know more about Chiya was nice. Chiya got some verbal confirmation that these girls are her friends and opening up to them wouldn't be a problem. Lol when Chiya's reason for not cutting her hair turned out be nothing deep or serious or anything.

Comment

• Library-chan
                        • May 2011

Re: Episode 3

Heh, the second part was full of Hnnnggggg and adorableness with Koume getting Chiya's hair stuck in her shirt.

Comment

• Library-chan
                          • May 2011

Episode 4

Chiya likes her tummys! Also, I thought black cats were good luck in Japanese culture?

Comment

• Library-chan
                            • May 2011

Episode 5

The girls are tasty enough for Chiya to lick. I wonder what show will end being more yuri, this or Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid?

Comment

• Library-chan
                              • May 2011

Episode 6

"Special friends" is the new code word for lesbians. And the girls conjure a fox spirit using a Ouja board--I mean kokkuri. And we get a kiss, okay, a forehead kiss. So I guess Chiya x Kon is canon now?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...