Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 8

Passing the torch.

Now that Rin has been freed, it's onto the battle against the Impure King and as expected, he is giving Rin and company a tough time. So it turns out that Tatsuma is still alive thanks to that fire spirit and it's great to see Bon making up and inheriting an awesome power to create that barrier seeing that Tatsuma is too weak to cast the spell himself. In the meantime Yukio has his hands full with Todo. In all, it's great to see everybody giving it their all to get through this crisis.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 02-24-2017, 09:58 PM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 8

Oh hey, the old man survived after all. Rin doesn't have to be proven right just yet.

Todo is doing a good job at getting inside Yukio's head. It's understandable that anyone in his situation would hold a bit of resentment, even though he'll obviously overcome it because of his love for his brother.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 9

Everybody's feeling blue.

Yukio's dark side sure did come out in a big way being someone who both loves and hates Rin. While his trap to submerge Todo in water was brilliant, it just wasn't strong enough. While that's happening, there's the battle against the Impure King as Bon got the barrier up, but now comes the hard part with everybody battling that monster, all while Kamiki is being swallowed up by that white ooze and Shiema is doing what she can to save her. And then Juzo comes to Yukio's side after his eyes turn blue. The intense fighting continues and it has been great seeing those students doing everything they can to defeat this great evil.
        Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 9

Yukio suffers from an extreme inferiority complex, but uses that to make the right choice and stand up for his brother. As things progress, he starts to become a Blue Exorcist himself, an intriguing development to say the least.

I love Shiemi's commentary: "Couldn't you have used that to help our plot a few arcs ago?"
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 10

Friendship is the greatest weapon.

Things have gotten really bad with the Impure King showing his true form and Bon at his limit with the barrier, while Yukio is having a tough time against Todo. But the tide is turning thanks to friendship and determination. Yukio sure is a great thinker there having Todo absorb too much fire that it burns him up with the rain dissolving his ashes so that he won't regenerate quickly. And Rin is finally able to unsheathe his sword after strengthening his friendship with Bon at a rather inappropriate time. The tide has turned, but both groups still have a long way to go seeing that even in his disembodied form Todo is still dangerous, all while the Impure King is so strong that it took a lot in order to simply seal him.

Comment

Re: Episode 10

Yukio's new development seems to subside in time for comrades to come help and not see any signs of it, but obviously we'll be revisiting that in the future. Todo is basically Buu at this point; no matter how you destroy him, he'll just pop right back into place.

And a wave of shounen cliches results in Rin being able to draw the Koma Sword and continue on those shounen cliches. Oh well, it's still fun stuff.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 11

Going down in blue flames.

And the Impure King is toast thanks to Rin. He was afraid that unleashing the full power would burn everybody on the mountain to a crisp, a necessary sacrifice as the spirit puts it. But he believed in his friends and the thus he defeated that white oozing monstrosity, doing it without hurting his comrades. That was quite a scene there. In the meantime, Todo just won't go down and even though the rain is hindering his regenerative powers, he still has lots of fight in him, and for now he retreats. That was such a great way to bring everything to an end, and with that there is one more episode left to tie up loose ends.

Comment

Re: Episode 11

A very shounen action series victory. Rin learns to control his flames well enough to beat the bad guy without hurting any of his friends. It's an impressive feat, but it's hard to praise him too much when he's so arrogant about it. A strong right from his little brother should fix that. But he proves to be more levelheaded than he was letting on, and knows how dire his situation is. All very shounen, but good stuff.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Whatever Satan's son wants, Satan's son gets.

Now that the problem has been taken care of, the finale is pretty relaxing as the kids have their fun sightseeing in Kyoto, while Tatsuma and Juzo decide to live their lives differently before with Tatsuma retiring from the Myoda sect to work at his wife's inn, and Juzo picking Mamushi as his wife. Nothing ever gets past Shura as she puts her ninja perception to great use knowing that something is up with Mephisto and that all of these things are part of some grand scheme of his. So with that, this season ends with Rin wanting to become an exorcist even if Yukio doesn't exactly approve, and everybody having a great time out. Pretty good way to end this now that there's closure after the conflict.

Overall, this show gets back to doing what made Blue Exorcists a great show in the first season before all that filler watered this show down, and it makes quite a difference. A-1 comes through once again with great animation, especially for the action scenes. The story is well-constructed and put together nicely to draw out the drama, and character growth is great. Just about the only things I found wrong with this show are the numerous cliches and the questions that should have been answered that weren't. But when all is said and done, getting back to the manga is what makes this season great.

MAL Rating: *********-

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Poor Rin gets permanently Friend Zoned.

Mephisto continues to be the most fascinating character. I hope we get to learn more about him one day.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...