Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Basically in agreement with you both, a CGDCT show that's a pleasant way to pass some time. I'm not sure how memorable it's going to be for me in the long term, though.
    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
      Still, Sandy must be well off like Fuyune if she can fly back and forth for only a week.
      There are direct flights from Denver to Narita that aren't that bad, really...

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
      Basically in agreement with you both, a CGDCT show that's a pleasant way to pass some time. I'm not sure how memorable it's going to be for me in the long term, though.
      About where I am. Pleasant experience to counterbalance the usual display of more earnest shows in any given season. The curious details with animation and (obvious commercial) sponsorship did add unexpected value.

I'd like to add that I've come to really enjoy Reina Ueda as the current It Girl for generic female group leads though. She's infectious.

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
      And I'm always going to think about Encouragement of Climb when it comes to Fuji climbing, given just how memorable of a part that was. And honestly in other outdoor activity shows like this one, it feels like we don't often see

Spoiler ->an experience that crushes the protagonist that hard.

Quote for no reason other than I'm also always happy to shout out EoC S2, ep. 10. Really does stand alone in this regard.
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
        Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
        About where I am. Pleasant experience to counterbalance the usual display of more earnest shows in any given season. The curious details with animation and (obvious commercial) sponsorship did add unexpected value.
        Yeah, the franchise has a good amount of promotional tie-ins to the biking scene that we don't get from the anime. Was looking at book with each girl promoting various bikes, and it's always amusing they're always made with greater sex appeal than the cuteness you see in the show.
        I'd like to add that I've come to really enjoy Reina Ueda as the current It Girl for generic female group leads though. She's infectious.
        Ditto. Definitely a top favorite for characters like the ones she's usually typecasted with.
        Last edited by Sensuifu; 03-28-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Episode 13

Always a nice surprise to see a bonus episode pop up all of the sudden on Crunchyroll. I seem to remember this was actually initially planned to air at the end of the season but had to be pushed back. But since episode 12 was pretty much an ending episode, and this one a bonus, being off the schedule really doesn't matter that much in this case.

And so the focus of this side story is a trip to that holy land of bicycles that Korone mentioned before, Taiwan, ahead of it being a potential site for their class trip. The principal tasks them with finding out the various ways the bike culture is different from what they're used to in Japan, and they do. I love how in the end, most of the girls just got to enjoying their trip, and they left the work of the writing assignment (citing lack of ability. Sandy's response was the most amusing, she was irritated about misunderstandings in the series before, but she takes advantage of her foreignness when it suits her ) all on poor Tomo-chan's shoulders.

It's interesting what we end up getting of their tour guide, who is alluded to before Hiromi and Sandy (having almost gotten themselves lost in their excitement, of course) bump into her under unexpected circumstances. Neat how she ends up being such a doppelganger of Natsumi. It seemed like Natsumi was going to get some focus out of it too, with how she seemed to be fixated on her beyond the initial wonderment of looking so much alike. Really sweet what we got when Natsumi finally came out to Hiromi what she was thinking about Su. Hiromi gets to pushing Natsumi to actually try to talk directly with Su about that, and what they got out of it was really heartwarming. Natsumi gets to finding that Su had some of the same personality challenges to overcome in accomplishing her dreams to travel abroad. And even Su was kind of anxious at first, and the doppelganger bemusement got to breaking the ice for her. Well, with Natsumi's goals, I can't help but think how they complement Fuyune's. She could really have a lot of faraway places to show her sister in photography if they travel the world together (yeah, still can't help but thinking of how to pair these girls up). But got to watch for high places. That little bit with Fuyune this episode was amusing.

Always seems to be the case when I watch a new anime episode slightly hungry, that food ends up getting a decent amount of focus and makes me hungrier.

Comment

Re: Episode 13

Nice episode focused on Taiwan and its major role in the bicycling scene. Liked the small bits between Natsumi and Su too. Had a feeling Natsumi was feeling a bit jealous seeing her 'surrogate twin', Su was already on the road to her dreams (something we did get hints of with Natsumi looking at her parents' photos). Loved Hiromi getting the two to talk. :D

And yeah, poor Tomo. 'Get the nerd to do all the work....' Thanks a lot, sensei. For a second I thought Hiromi would be offering her help, but no, she wishes the best of luck , adding to the already hilarious excuse Sandy gives.

Despite this extra episode lacking in overall animation compared to the main episodes, there is at least a couple of things representative of what the studios were pretty good at- taking the smallest of details and making sure they're done convincingly...i.e. Fuyune's motion and her perceived weight/mechanics as she's pulled by Hiromi and Sandy to look at the view; and the display on Su's camera during the group pic, mirroring what's shown through the lens...pretty neat.

Comment

Re: Episode 13

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
              For a second I thought Hiromi would be offering her help, but no, she wishes the best of luck , adding to the already hilarious excuse Sandy gives.
              Well, when it's down to just Hiromi, there's also the crushing realization that she's not going to be much help regardless of her willingness to do so.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X