Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2016] WWW Wagnaria Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    One Wagnaria was not enough to contain the crazies of this universe, thus we have a 2nd one (Likely even more.)

ANN Entry

Official Site

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.

Episode 1

Hana is well Hana. I was worried the characters would just be shells of the original characters, but thankfully they already seem to be standing on their own.

Comment

Episode 2

Thus the story of how Shiho turned evil or maybe she was already evil even back then. Was almost a sweet scene until someone made the mistake of his life.

Also I like how a guy comes in, wanting to be rejected, makes it clear he has trouble with Japanese and thus he ends up getting hired. Wait, what?

Comment

Episode 3

We're introduced to Miri who may not (or maybe she is) a ghost herself, but she's clearly followed by spirits. We also meet Rui who you can tell is going to get 3rd wheel status in a show like this. In any case, Miri is nice eye candy.

Comment

Episode 4

So pretty much, Rui is suffering. (Trying to set up threads weeks after the fact makes you rush things)

Comment

Episode 5

Saiki is getting better about speaking of Japanese, but his mistakes can cause confusion such as with Shiho.

Sayuri's mother is well about one might expect.

Is Sayuri's smile really that bad?

Hana's logic is chocolates are dangerous so give them to someone you don't like such as Higishida. Wow, harsh. I like how Rui chews her out and lectures her.

Except Rui might have made a mistake here.
            Last edited by Momoka Kibi; 11-29-2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Episode 6

If we're getting all of this Higashida and Hana stuff, hopefully it will go somewhere. Actually given the previous series there is hope if this gets 2 more seasons.

Comment

Episode 7

On one hand I feel sorry for Shiho because without the excuse of bullying she has no way of keeping connected. On the other hand, that scenario is one she's partially to blame for. Lucky for her the tickets were lost anyway...

In any case, I still like Shiho as a villain, but her love arc is going to be frustrating since she is her own worst enemy in a sense.

Comment

Episode 8

Hana decides to start dating Higashida, but mostly for her own benefit. I like how Higashida tells all this to Rui even remarking how they will break up soon.

Adachi says stuff he shouldn't in the presence of Sayuri and it was actually kind of sad to see Sayuri translate everything he says to the worst thing possible.

Comment

Episode 9

Sayuri is sick so she needs a doctor, although her mother would rather perform an exorcism....

So uh after some issues, Sayuri and Adachi are "dating". Wow it's like this season wants to pair up people faster.

Granted, I think after the 1st series, they probably feel having some things sped up will help a bit.

Comment

Re: Episode 9

I love how Sayuri does the wash basin gag in a situation you usually wouldn't expect it. And quite pleased she pulled it off, too (love how that comes through even with her sickly state).

And yeah, I noticed too how they moved things forward rather surprisingly in not having just one, but two couples, dating, when it took the original franchise several seasons to get to that kind of point. Here things are still rather odd between the couples, so it's not as if it's comparable to getting to a more conclusive note, but still rather interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                        I love how Sayuri does the wash basin gag in a situation you usually wouldn't expect it. And quite pleased she pulled it off, too (love how that comes through even with her sickly state).

And yeah, I noticed too how they moved things forward rather surprisingly in not having just one, but two couples, dating, when it took the original franchise several seasons to get to that kind of point. Here things are still rather odd between the couples, so it's not as if it's comparable to getting to a more conclusive note, but still rather interesting to see.
                        I'd like to say the franchise is not strictly about relationships, but that is how the original series ended up. So, hmm. Adachi and Sayuri is nice here, moving along, but the comedy/charm of Hana x Higashida is that they have no interest in each other at all, not in the "just have to work through some barriers" way of Mahiru/Sota (their respective "daddy/mommy issues"), but in that they aren't meant for each other. It could be done, I suppose. But it'd remain more interesting if it became more strictly, and accidentally, one-sided, probably with Hana. A lot of traps in setting up relationships like this, though--one route is they help each other, assuming they were willing in the first place, to find other partners, but then you risk priming the audience for a cliched Something Kind of Wonderful ending.

But I'm just going to predict there's nothing in the cards at all. One thing interesting about Web.Working is that there are fewer high school-aged main characters; so far, the "serious" relationship stuff has been with the older, college-aged ones, suggesting highschool drama is just what it is: drama. Proved maybe by Hana getting involved in her first relationship just for selfish reasons.

And that's way too much analysis about that. Thanks for the thread, Momoka. Been watching since the beginning but too lazy to start one up; then I just forgot about it after awhile. Better late than never.
                        Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                        TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                          Thanks for the thread, Momoka. Been watching since the beginning but too lazy to start one up; then I just forgot about it after awhile. Better late than never.
                          Welcome. In any case, I am sort of rooting for something to happen between Hana and Higashida even if real life logic works against it. Granted fantasy logic is another story, but then again sometimes fantasy logic has no logic.

Comment

Well, and here's a brain trust question I've been mulling all series: given Karino's usual setting for all of her stories (Hokkaido; roughly Hakodate, I think?), I kind of take it for granted this is just a Wagnaria across town from the one we knew before... And does it look like Hana goes to the same school as Mahiru? (Or Maya?) Uniform is pretty similar, though we see them on either character rarely. And for that matter do Higashida and Rui (and Miri, theoretically) go to the same school as Popura (and I think Sota, as well, though that was never clear)?

That was one interesting difference with this series: there was never, as far as I can recall, a school scene in the original, but a couple here.
                            Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                            TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Ah, so someone made a discussion thread for this series. Anyway, nice to see that the characters are not rehashes of the original characters. It takes place at the same restaurant, although when it takes place relative to the original series remains to be seen.
                              Last edited by Library-chan; 12-01-2016, 02:24 PM.
                              Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X