Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 26: Then X And X After

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Recap episode. Whatever. Weird to put the earlier part after the later part. I really liked the way they used the full version of the ending in the second part, though. I seem to be the only person who likes that ending, even so much that I was just thinking about how much I'd miss it after this episode, so I liked seeing it used there.
    The ending certainly grew on me as the season progressed, but I'll be glad to get a new one.

Comment

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011) discussion thread

I liked Just Awake, its really chancing next episode?
      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Re: Episode 26: Then X And X After

Well, it was a recap.... Nothing to say...

Comment

Episode 27

On to part 2! I was expecting a lot of setup, but they actually accomplished quite a lot in this first episode. I wonder how long it took in the manga and the previous anime. It looks like the next episode will pit at least Killua against Hisoka. We'll get to see just how close to his level he is. At least Gon doesn't have to fight Hisoka while training to eventually fight Hisoka.

OP is the second verse and/or a remix of the first with new animation and some stock. New ED is by the same guy and has much more of that same feel than the first, which I already miss.

New post-episode bullshit is not welcome in my book. I do prefer the logo in the corner over the stupid smile eyecatches, though. I guess it makes sense that they were done with those after showing the whole alphabet last time.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 27

Nice new OP and new ED, liked the images in them of the next major arc. It looks really compelling. Killua was epic as always as well as Gon surprisingly, just one hits, ftw! Nen and Ren better be awesome. Im hyped.
            AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Osu! A new ending theme! I'm surprised it lasted for so many episodes since ending themes for long shonen series usually run for 12-13 episodes. It's also interesting that they're going with different versions of the same opening song for (presumably) the whole series.

My memory of this arc started to come back during the episode, but I couldn't remember Gon using only a push to advance through Heavens Arena. I thought that was pretty lame. I can't image Leorio defeating someone with that.
              Avatar: Light Yagami (Death Note) in Nendoroid form.
              Watching: ERASED [Crunchyroll], Your Lie in April [Netflix], Dragon Ball Kai, Hunter x Hunter [Toonami]
              On Hiatus: Too much to list...

Comment

Oh, I am so glad to see a new episode. I like the new OP and ED and it's fun to see the characters in a brand-new setting. I am kind of dreading endless fighting which (the prospect of which) has put me off this type of show. So far HxH has really surprised me in that regard, but I don't really want it to go down that route. I do miss Kurapika and Leorio, as well.

I don't like the thing at the end either, and I'm also glad the extended eyecatch is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
                  I couldn't remember Gon using only a push to advance through Heavens Arena. I thought that was pretty lame.
                  Yep, that did happen in the old series, though it made more sense when Gon actually opened the Testing Gate by himself (rather than together with Leorio and Kurapica, as in this version). Doesn't seem lame to me--or rather, the point is to show that most of the guys on the lower levels are lame compared to Gon and Killua.

The old series changed the order of the fights from the manga in a way that made no sense to me, so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing this arc done right.
                  Wednesday, 10:00 (LJ) | original chocobox

Comment

- Killua went there before when he was 6. I’m not surprise at all.
                    - Gon sure did push hard in his first match.
                    - Gon is starting at 50th floor.
                    - Killua was told 180th floor but prefer to go to the 50th.
                    - Here is the new kid. Zushi.
                    - Oh and there is Wing.
                    - The odds are in favor of Zushi…not so sure it is a good thing for him…Killua is mad.
                    - So the technique Zushi was trying to do was Ren.

Comment

Episode 28

Zushi saying he hadn't read the book and that it was his soda was hilarious to me. Probably a highlight among a fairly slow episode after last week got through so much. Or it would have been without that end, anyway. Hisoka being back in the picture and taking a stance against them and their hope to progress further in the tower definitely makes thing more exciting, especially since they have to learn to overcome his aura within three and a half hours. I'm guessing the time will go by a little less quickly than it has been lately, but it should still be interesting stuff, and it shouldn't take too long to see them reach a new level and confront Hisoka.
                      Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 04-22-2012, 08:19 PM.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Ep 28

Pretty cool episode, loved what happened when they got to 200 and Killua like spiderman on the wall. Hope they go kind of slow learning ren nen etc.

Comment

Re: Episode 28

- Neat little aura change Wing managed there. Wing is, I suspect, a bit of a wingnut. But if his technique is enough to scare Killua into backing into a corner, he's clearly onto something.
                          - hey, someone who'd give Armstrong a run for his money in the "look at my muscles" stakes.
                          - if they came to the Tower to earn some money, and you don't get any more prize money in the 200s, why bother fighting?
                          - Hisoka is now Gon's own personal stalker.
                          - timer, START!

I actually quite like Hisoka, the totally crazy ones are always the most fun to watch. Although he's not quite Yuno Gasai. But I could do without the timeouts to learn Wing's mystical fighting techniques...
                          maehara
                          animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
                          Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Comment

Re: Episode 28

- Wing is hiding something… about Nen, Killua notices it.
                            - Still no competition for Gon or Killua.
                            - They reached the 200s.
                            - Hisoka!
                            - Hisoka won’t let them pass…
                            - Wing is there to teach them the real Nen this time.
                            - They have to learn Nen before midnight…

Can’t wait for more Hisoka!

Comment

Episode 29

Oh hey, everything is still happening just as quickly. And they even got to registration with time to spare! I was so sure it would be 23:59 when they managed to rush over to the desk, but no. That's actually kind of a nice change. The receptionist was hilarious, trying to impress them with stuff they didn't care about. It's funny how intimidating she was last episode. And the fighting has already started. The 200s really are a whole new world. Gon finally gets a challenge, and it's already not certain if he'll win.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 29

- “Quick and dirty is always better” We have no choice anyway, do we?
                                - Yup, they are “Magnificent and terrifying”
                                - Hisoka has his own card game to wait.
                                - “Welcome to the 200s”
                                - If Gon win one match, Hisoka will accept his challenge. Let’s see.
                                - They even have 1 hour 24 minutes left to register.
                                - “A penthouse 1,000 meters above ground.” “But Killua’s house his 3,700 meters above ground” lol I would be curious to see that penthouse...
                                - First match for Gon is tomorrow. Will he be able to win his first match?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X