Hunter x Hunter (2011) discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 20: Baffling X Turn Of X Events

The Hunter Exam is over, and Gon is a Hunter, along with the rest of the applicants in the final round, except for one. Unfortunately, that one is Killua, thanks to the creepy needle-faced guy revealing himself as Killua's brother Illumi and destroying his mind, prompting him to surrender then kill another applicant who was about to fight Leorio. I really don't know why he killed that guy, but I guess he was just broken enough that he'd kill the next person who wasn't in the group of main characters. I was hoping it was Illumi who he ended up killing, but I guess he knew that would be a futile effort, and gave up on that idea. Now he's off somewhere with a broken mind, probably ready to kill someone else for no reason, but fortunately, Gon decides that a broken arm isn't enough to keep him from kicking Illumi's ass. I hope that ends up with a somewhat satisfying outcome. Really great episode, though.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 20: Baffling X Turn Of X Events

- I didn’t remember that Killua failed…well not surprising that the reason is because he killed his opponent, but I completely forgot about that.
      - Another thing I completely forgot… Illumi is Killua’s brother…
      - His brother is probably his worst enemy…
      - So that is what happened… oh wow…

- Gon sure is angry!

Comment

Episode 21: Some X Brother X Trouble

"The real Hunter Exam isn't over yet." Haha, somehow I knew that was going to be the case. Alright, HxH, what will you throw at us next? I'm very intrigued.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 21: Some X Brother X Trouble

- Gon sure have a powerful grip!
          - Time to get Killua back! Good luck to our team!
          - Hisoka sure have let’s say “passion” for Gon!
          - That’s good! Gon gets some info about his father!
          - Of course! The exam has not end yet!

Comment

Episode 22: A X Dangerous X Watchdog

I'm so curious to see how this is part of the Exam. I guess we won't find out for a while. Anyway, it was interesting to venture into this new area. Somehow it seems like a good idea to have tours of the place a notorious family of assassins live? Okay, whatever. Getting through this crazy family's setup to Killua sure looks like it's going to be an interesting challenge.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 22: A X Dangerous X Watchdog

- Well, Mike sure is the first obstacle, they are always lucky to have people testing it for them before they go!
              - Gon is scared of Mike!

Let’s see how far they will go next week!

Comment

Episode 23: The X Guard's X Duty

After a fortunately brief training montage that I could see stretched out across a few episodes in a similar series, the gang clears the Training Gate and moves on to the next step: an apprentice butler, although possibly a full-fledged butler at this point, although she seems to maintain the same role she did however many years ago that was. However, as badly as she's beating Gon down whenever he tries to get back up and continue on his trek, she's clearly from a different mold from the family and the main butler, as she soon softens up after seeing Gon's resolve for the sake of his friendship. She slips up one time because of this, and gets an immediate execution courtesy of the lady of the house. That scene was one of the most well-executed in the series yet, with the way they did the reactions and then the opera in the background. It's far too soon to face the main family members, so I'm curious to see what their next challenge is. It looks like there will be some backstory with Killua and the recently deceased guard, though.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 23: The X Guard's X Duty

- They sure are heavy teacups!
                  - Killua sure doesn’t have the best mother/sister out there.
                  - Wait, it was hard for Kurapika to lift only one 20kg teacup just before and now he can lift that many? Did I miss something?
                  - It works because there was the three of them!
                  - Wait another girl in HxH? Three in this episode?
                  - Gon sure is optimistic!
                  - It worked. Well, that girl was kill in the process…

Comment

Episode 24: The X Zoldyck X Family

Oh, she wasn't dead. Never mind. And suddenly the arc is kind of over, as Killua is set free (even though being there was his choice in the first place and he could have left at any time), and his friends choose to leave for some reason, which the mother doesn't have a problem with. She kind of has a problem with everything else, though. His dad clearly isn't as nice as he pretended to be in his "father-son chat", but she definitely seems like the craziest. The grandfather even seems kind of normal. Anyway, I really didn't expect all that to be over so early. Not sure what will happen next time. It seems to still involve this family, though, and seems to feature Canary prominently.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 24: The X Zoldyck X Family

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                      Oh, she wasn't dead. Never mind. And suddenly the arc is kind of over, as Killua is set free (even though being there was his choice in the first place and he could have left at any time)
                      Yeah, kinda underwhelming the way this bit's playing out. Was that a coffin his dad was sitting in? Cosy quarters.

Anyway. Mom is clearly the most bats hit crazy of the family, although I also get the feeling that she's the one with the lease real influence, as it's her grandfather and husband who are clearly calling the shots. Hopefully more will be made of the family - Kalluto in particular seems to be showing some interest in this "friendship" thing herself...
                      maehara
                      animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
                      Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Comment

Re: Episode 24: The X Zoldyck X Family

- Canaria is alive!
                        - Of course, Killua can get rid of these chains by himself.
                        - That is a father and son moment.

Comment

Episode 25: Can't See X If X You're Blind

They've succeeded in reuniting with Killua, and Kurapika and Leorio go off to do their own things while Gon and Killua figure out how to get stronger! Everything went way better than expected! This is basically the first time since the beginning that everyone has been completely satisfied and relaxed with their current situation, so now it's basically just looking to the future for brand-new stories that follow this now-complete one that has lasted for the entire run of the series so far.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 25: Can't See X If X You're Blind

I'm really curious what happens next. I know nothing about the manga or the previous series, so I am completely caught up in this ride. I'm disappointed to see Kurapika and Leorio go, though I'm sure it's not for long.

I do wonder what kind of world this is where two twelve-year-old kids can just run around independently.

Of course, that's a stupid thing to say, I know, since this is also a world where a twelve-year-old is an assassin, the Hunter Exam can operate seemingly free of government regulation, etc. etc.

Comment

Re: Episode 25: Can't See X If X You're Blind

- Wow, they sure take their time with that coin…
                              - Killua is back with his friends.
                              - Gon really wants to punch Hisoka in the face. And he will go to Yorknew City to do that, he have 6 months to train.
                              - Next is the Heavens Arena tournament. I wonder how many episodes they will take for that arc.

Comment

Episode 26: Then X And X After

Recap episode. Whatever. Weird to put the earlier part after the later part. I really liked the way they used the full version of the ending in the second part, though. I seem to be the only person who likes that ending, even so much that I was just thinking about how much I'd miss it after this episode, so I liked seeing it used there.
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X