Hunter x Hunter (2011) discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Episode 142

And that's the end of Gotoh. No surprise to see him killed by Hisoka, but I guess I wasn't expecting him to go so soon when he had just reappeared after such a long time. Ah well, that's how things go in this series.

The other aspects of this plot continue to get even more interesting, and most importantly, the connections to the other main plot are being made.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

• Re: Episode 142

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
      but I guess I wasn't expecting him to go so soon when he had just reappeared after such a long time. Ah well, that's how things go in this series.
      Yeah, I'm reminded of Ponzu and Pokkle...

Comment

• Episode 143

Love that pre-OP segment. The comedic direction is as flawless as the dramatic direction.

Hisoka is incredibly fun as always, from his disappointment over Illumi not appreciating his contributions as much as he was expecting to talking to Teradein across time and space (and then of course killing him silently) to making his decisions based on what will get the most people to hate him.

And Gon manages to escape from Illumi this time. Very interesting. I look forward to learning the final details of Alluka.

FIVE
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

• Episode 144

Oh man, the possibility of Leorio becoming chairman against his own desires is growing more and more, and for a second there I thought it was actually almost a guarantee, although Pariston's move does change things in such a way that even Cheadle can't perfectly predict, and I certainly can't either. I'm sure it won't be Leorio, though, as hilarious as that would be. If only he had said to vote for Pariston, there would've been a full circle, but that would be so unlike him. He did manage to bring Gon into the center of the Hunter world, though, and Pariston only reinforced that.

I wonder if Gon's healing and the election results will both come next time. That would be something.

FOUR
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

• Re: Episode 144

Hah, for some reason it's so much fun seeing Cheadle irritated by both Ging and Pariston in various ways. We seem to get at least a little bit more about what the enigmatic latter is up to from the former. Interesting to get a bit more of the Ants story tied in now.

Leorio stays true to his original reason for coming to the meeting, and that results in a speech of awesomeness. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the politics going forward, and the issue of Gon's healing. Great seeing all the familiar faces around. It's fitting to have, for what's going to be the stopping point of this anime series.

Comment

• Episode 145

Whoa, not only did we get Gon healed and the election results (essentially) finalized, but the moment that the entire series has been leading up to is suddenly upon us: Gon is in the same room as his father, and there's nothing to stop him from talking to him. I guess this really will make a good ending to the series. It would be nice to get some idea of what's going on with Kurapika, but everything that's been going on is so fantastic that I have zero complaints. I just can't wait to see what happens next.

THREE
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

• Episode 146

And the meeting finally takes place. I love beyond words how the entire assembly of Hunters is basically the audience of this show, berating Ging for being such a shitty father and citing events in the story that he continued to neglect his responsibilities. I guess the final moments should definitely have Gon asking Ging all the things he always wanted to, since all he can say to him when they first meet is only related to the most recent events that he considers his fault. It will be interesting to see what he really remembers about his own psyche. That's probably more of a discussion for him and Killua.

And Pariston proves to be the ultimate troll for the final time in this whole process. Brilliant.

So Killua can do whatever he wants with Something, basically, and it's just because he loves his younger brother/sisters too much to abuse that power. Fascinating and touching beyond what I could've imagined.

TWO
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

• Episode 147

Wow, they're really going for the sense of finality. That's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. After what seems like an eternity, Gon and Killua finally say their mutual, satisfied goodbyes and head their separate ways. Killua now has something else he needs to be protecting, and Gon has one more episode to finally do what he set out to from the beginning, and fortunately, Ging isn't running from it anymore. Should be pretty damn perfect, and the loose ends are being tied up remarkably well.

Throw in the special look back at Gon and Killua with the return of Reason for the ED and it's the perfect way to cap that off.

ONE
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

• Re: Episode 147

It's hard to believe that the series is really about to end. It's going to be tough for me to watch the final episode. Loved the special ending sequence with all the Gon and Killua moments.

It's weird to see how fast Kite grew up. I'm not sure how much time has passed in the series since then, but he (or should it be she now?) was only a baby a few episodes.

Spoiler ->I really hope they cover the last 2 1/2 chapters of the volume they're currently adapting. It doesn't seem like they'll be able to squeeze it all into one episode, though...

Avatar: Light Yagami (Death Note) in Nendoroid form.
                    Watching: ERASED [Crunchyroll], Your Lie in April [Netflix], Dragon Ball Kai, Hunter x Hunter [Toonami]
                    On Hiatus: Too much to list...

Comment

• Episode 148 (Finale)

And so after all this time, Gon finally reaches his goal of getting to sit down and talk with his father about everything that he's thought about all along, including why Ging left to become a Hunter in the first place. But as he travels to that destination, a beautiful montage set to a wonderful instrumentation of Hyori Ittai flashes back on everything that's gotten him to this point, and when he finally gets to hear exactly what Ging has to say, it speaks volumes to what's made this show so great for the past three years. It's the timeless statement that feels truer than ever right now: it's not about the destination but the journey, the "little detours" as Ging puts it, that will prove to be what really matters. As that cuts to the final credits, giving us the full version of Departure! for the first time, it shows everything that's resulted from those little detours since Gon left them, including a few seconds of Kurapika that amount to more than his entire existence for the past few years, and between the bonds that they've all formed with Gon and with each other and Togashi's prowess in making every character ridiculously engaging, there really couldn't be a better note to go out on.

ZERO

And after three years, it's finally all over. I'll have a lot more to say about the series as a whole when I do my post at the end of the season, but for now I can at least say that it's been my favorite anime for all the time it aired, and is one of my favorites of all time. It's a shame that we'll probably never get more, but for now, I have absolutely nothing to complain about.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

• Re: Episode 148 (Finale)

Didnt really feel like a final episode but overall kind of boring as Ging isnt really an interesting character and there were so many other people we could have had occupy time like Killua, or the nebulous Kurapika, Illumi, and even the old man Zoldick. The world map discussion was most compelling though it felt less refined than the one present in Toriko full of lush details, baddies, goodies and everything. This felt tacked on and the huge requirements to even get there makes it feel like something that wouldnt be reached for awhile? In toriko it was built upon and focused so much that I wanted the story to go there soon.

Alright anime over all, was just plagued by inconsistent storytelling issues in many arcs, underutilization of key characters at really important moments, and limited teamwork dynamics at times squashed some of the high climax action and top tier storytelling that it had going in its early days. Will watch a sequel series if its ever made, may consider going into the manga if a few conditions are met like a sequel series not happening a year from now or other characters get brought back. 7/10.
                        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X