X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2016] Long Riders! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ろんぐらいだぁす!

A sports show about cute girls riding bikes.

Airs: Wednesday, October 5

Studio: Actas

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Daisuki

Ami Kurata, a first-year university student who has no athletic ability, suddenly falls in love with a folding bicycle after seeing it in front of a train station. Inspired by her newfound love, she starts saving up to buy a bicycle and to learn cycling.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 10-10-2016, 12:36 AM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Love at first bike.

So this show is the hypothetical question of what if Sakura didn't have to commute to school riding up a hill in Bakuon, which is what drove her to ditching her bike in favor of a motorcycle. I'm pretty sure she would have loved bikes more, but I'm not so sure she would have joined her school's bicycle club. So this is pretty much that dream sequence in episode 11 playing out, except that here Ami is getting to enjoy biking rather than feeling out of place. Anyway, that was pretty cute seeing Ami's reaction when she sees the price tag on those high-end bikes, but luckily she found Ponta-kun for cheap at another store that she really loves (at least as far as appearance go, though it's far from being the high performance kind that's out of her price range). It's nice to see that this show is happening in a college environment rather than a high school one for a change.

Seeing that this is a Daisuki exclusive for subscribers that it will have a shorter leash than usual. So far, I'm enjoying it, but at the same time it hasn't really done anything to stand out from those typical cute girls doing cute things shows.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Wow, a folding bike in an anime? Awesome. I have two folding bikes myself (one's a Dahon). And Ami gives an all time great foreshadowing line "I wonder if we'll see them again?" Well of course you will!
      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Hah, Ami feels like she's already putting Yui's love of Giita to shame with her immediate eccentric display of affections for "Ponta-kun". And Ami's imouto doesn't look like she's quite so used to this level of weirdness coming out of her sister. Whatever the case may be, the few seconds of reaction we got from her was amusing.

Comment

I find it amusing that both this show and Bakuon have a blond twin tailed girl in them. They're very similar, well, except for their breast sizes.

Comment

This was kinda okay I guess. The characters didn't feel that fun so far. Ami was okay, Aoi was okay, the big boob girl was okay, the little blonde girl was nice. Kinda okay everyone. Maybe I'll come to like them a bit more but so far, not so much.

Ami is taking up cycling and she was so excited that she named her bike, didn't sleep enough, didn't have breakfast, and ended up almost passing out. The little girl was nice as she helped them out. Ami is interested in cycling but isn't interested in all the aftereffects and fatigue that accompany it.

The episode was okay but didn't leave any impact. I'm not sure whether to continue or not. The characters will get properly introduced next week but this episode was only okay and nothing more. It might end up not making the cut.
            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

This didn't stand out as anything more than a typical cute girl show. It reminded me a lot more of Bakuon than, say, Yowamushi Pedal, which isn't a good thing. I guess I liked it a little more, but that's not saying much. It's a Daisuki exclusive, so I'm glad to be rid of it anyway.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Long Riders! Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                Links to Sound! Euphonium first season...
                @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Episode 2

Come along for the ride.

It's off to Miura as Hinako and Yayoi tag along with Ami and Aoi on their bikes to the beach. Seeing that Ami is just getting started that she doesn't have the stamina to keep up with the rest, and after a meal to recharge her energy, she makes it. While Ami isn't there physically, she certainly has what it takes to enjoy cycling, especially since she has some really great friends to be around.

So with that, I'll give this show one more episode, but it's unlikely I'll be continuing after this due to this needing a Daisuki membership.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

For some reason, I just knew Ami was hearing "fresh", when they were mentioning flèche. Ami's enthusiasm gets to wane when she finds out what distance that entails. Wouldn't want to do that at this point or risk ending up like EoC Aoi's Fuji climb. Ami has a heck of a time just with the outing they do. But as hard as it is on her, Ami gets to enjoy the scenery and really feels a sense of accomplishment when the others tell her how far they've traveled and it's more than she thinks.

I like how when Hinako makes the comment about how it's not good to eat that much without putting in the calorie-burning cycling exercise, it seems like she's addressing that to the audience. Hah, guilty...

Comment

Episode 3

Road bikes are all the rage.

Ami is now starting to see why those road bikes that are way out of her price range are worth the price as they are better built for uphill riding. She had a tough time riding her folding bike as she cramped up and as such, the trip was called off despite wanting to tough it out. After meeting the new girl on a trip with her dog and bike, she instantly takes a big liking to road bikes. That new girl really is something, and this feels like that time in Encouragement of Climb when Aoi tried to do something that's too much for her at her current fitness level and thus the climb was aborted.

So with that seeing that I don't want to put up with Daisuki more than I need to (as well as this needing another subscription) that I guess this will be it for the time being.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Wow, is anime repeating? First we two anime back to back regarding cute girls making games, two anime about cute girls riding bikes, and two anime back to back with cynophobes. And this anime is giving me Encouragement of Climb vibes.

Comment

Episode 4

Hinako's outfit. Stuff happened such as Ami being a successful (sort of) Maid, but Hinako wins.
                          "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                          Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 5

Then we get Hinako as a bunny girl. Can this show just be Hinako being dressed up? Oh right, we need Ami to romance bikes.
                            "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                            Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 8

Heh, Hinako knows what's up between Aoi and Ami. Her grin says it all.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X