X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2016] Classicaloid Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    クラシカロイド

A show about classical music in a rural town where famous composers are brought to life to battle giant robots.

Airs: Saturday, October 7

Studio: Sunrise

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

In a rural town undergoing revival through music, high school students Kanae and Sousuke meet none other than Beethoven and Mozart! Calling themselves "ClassicaLoids," this mysterious duo creates a strange power through the "music" they play.

One night, stars fall from the sky and gigantic robots appear, causing trouble every single day! Bach, Chopin, Schubert also appear as ClassicaLoids. What is the mystery behind the powers they possess? Are they humanity's friend or foe?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Let's have a ball, and not the wrecking ball.

Well, that was just totally weird and I'm still trying to figure out what I just watched here as it's all about the power of classical music. Those Classicaloids sure are crazy as they are famous composers. Beethoven is such a knucklehead as he is using all sorts of crazy things just to cook gyoza. Kanae made the decision to tear down her grandmother's mansion, but after listening to that organ that she thought was broken, she turned the other way and tried to block it, and Beethoven transforms to get everybody to experience a ball at that place that sent those construction workers away. The music is great, and that's just about the only thing that stood out in a great way so far. Anyway, I'll watch another episode of this, but I probably not going to stick around.
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I love the idea of an original anime dedicated to the greatest classical composers of history and their finest works, but even with all that, this is a bit too nonsensical.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Based on the preview material, I expected this to be crazy. And I am not disappointed. Lol Beethoven cooking food and Mozart roller skating in the house and then swinging like Tarzan in the house. I seriously doubt Mozart was this crazy lol. And poor Kanae has to deal with these retards. And there are more classical music dudes with Bach supposedly being the big villain. This shit was crazy and I like it.
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 2

Boobs for birthday.

And the craziness continues with Beethoven continuing to make gyoza the wrong way, while Mozart is desperate to find out what triggered his Musik the last time. With today being Kanae's birthday that Mozart is hard at work throwing a big birthday bash that includes boobs for her birthday cake. After a slap in the face, Musik is triggered again. That was an insane party Kanae was given.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode seeing that two more composers are introduced next week, but it looks like I won't be staying with this show for long. I get that it's supposed to be stupid and nonsensical, but I feel that the novelty has worn off already.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

So these guys are really retarded lol. They were using Souseke as a wrecking ball lol. And Mozart was really a pervert. Good to know. These guys do the Musik thing when they remember something from the past. And Mozart happened to remember that he got slapped by females in the past too. I wonder if he really did make an oppai cake at any point in his life. Also, Bach managing J pop idols was lol.

Comment

Episode 3

So they actually acknowledge the difference from historical reality with Liszt being a woman here. That makes another character this season who has actually undergone a magical sex change. There's Tchaikovsky too, but I'm thinking he'll probably be a trap instead.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

So there was a hidden tenant in the house who is Beethoven's gyoza fairy and Mozart's Don-chan. But he's actually Chopin who can't handle strangers well. And Souske had been chatting with him all this time. And Lisz-chan comes to find him and ends up finding Beethoven and Mozart too who all ran away from Bach's idol agency or whatever lol. And why did they have to turn Liszt into a female? Lol Mozart was jealous of those boobs. And now some dude is gonna come who claims to be Beethoven's kouhai or whatever. Gonna be a pain in his ass since that's exactly what he needs lol.
                Last edited by Yamada2; 10-24-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Somebody's gotta pay rent.

Here comes two more composers in Lizst and Chopin, and they are quirky characters all while Kanae's search for a non-free loader continues as Mozart and Beethoven just won't pay up. In this universe, Lizst is a lady, while Chopin is a shut-in. And by backing Chopin into an emotional corner triggers the Musik and with that, Lizst pays, while Chopin comes with her as a "pet" as she calls it. I'm not exactly sure what to think about this.

So with that, I wasn't planning to stick with this show for long as while the idea stands out, its novelty has worn off already.

Comment

Episode 4

Well, this was a rather surreal episode, as we focus on Schubert wandering the modern world in a state of bewilderment. His first experience with people at the beach was particularly strange in how they were all acting, but that ended up being a point later in the news, and was ultimately due to his music. One of the most amusing parts was his experiment with the automatic door.

Figures he's constantly bumping into the person he least wants to see, and keeps barely missing the one he is searching for. I was wondering why the gyoza shop owner was happy his work when it seemed like he was giving them away for free without collecting the money. Ah, but they don't miss that point when all the police reports about this suspicious person comes in... Yeah, surreal to the end. Feels like we don't have too many more composers left to introduce, so wonder where they will be going next with the series.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

So we have Schubert here who is searching for Beethoven-senpai. He travels all across the land in search of his senpai, making people literally act like babies on the way, making perfect gyoza on his first try, becoming a super suspicious guy, only to be unable to properly meet Beethoven when he ends up seeing him lol. I liked this retard. He hates Mozart because everyone used to call him a Mozart ripoff, but he admires Beethoven a little too much.

One thing they showed here is that Beethoven and Mozart escaped from some big facility or something and were wearing full white clothesand were with some suited fellow. Schubert was surrounded by some weird containers or something and wasn't clothed at all I think. Someone is probably cloning these famous musicians and is sending them out for whatever purpose. Bach is probably running his agency either on orders of whoever is behind this or is doing so to keep all these freaks together in one place but is failing since they're all running away to do whatever.

All these episodes are only introducing the retards in the cast while giving really tiny hints towards what's going on and stuff. Since this is a 2 cour show, it'll take some time before they really go into whatever plot they have in store for us, if they have any that is.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X