X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2016] Nazotokine Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ナゾトキネ

A show about a working lady who is transported into another dimension and must solve puzzles to get out.

Airs: Wednesday, October 5

Studio: Tengu Koubou

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Tokine Amino works as a secretary for TEN2, an advertising agency. One day while cleaning the conference room, she is surrounded in light and finds she can't leave the room until she solves a puzzle.

It seems a creature named Hacchin is a being from another dimension called Quizn. He is interested in the intellectual pleasure that happens when someone solves a puzzles or uncovers a mystery. And he has his sight set on Tokine Amino.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Seeing that this show is 8 minutes in length that I would have to think that this was made for the USAT block. But now that it is no more that it's now just a stand-alone thing. Anyway, that was just full of weird stuff as Tokine suddenly gets transported into a world of puzzles and must solve one in order to get out of that weird place. A lot of things just don't add up at the moment here. Anyway, I probably won't stick with this show for long, but I'll at least be around to see Tokine solve this riddle while tranforming into a magical girl or something.
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I suspect we're going to alternate between "How do I solve this?" and "I figured it out" episodes with some cool down episodes on occasion or maybe the final puzzle will be 4 episodes? In any case, to be honest I think the short form might hurt he show a bit in this case, but only episode 2-3 will say for sure.

Comment

Episode 2

Tokine solves her first puzzle, and the answer is OPEN, as in open the gateway back to the real world. While she was on the right track when she said the answer is PEON with the pictures forming a letter, the order was wrong as she just needed to look at the labels of the paintings realizing that they are mixed up. Well, she got back, but still having to wear that outfit in doing so is another matter entirely.

So with that, I wasn't planning to stick with this show for long, and while it provided some thrills, it's not exactly something I need to watch this season.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X