Widgets Magazine

Haikyuu!! Karasuno High School vs Shiratorizawa Academy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2016] Haikyuu!! Karasuno High School vs Shiratorizawa Academy Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ハイキュー!! 烏野高校 VS 白鳥沢学園高校

The third season of the critically-acclaimed volleyball show. Last time, the Karasuno boys got over the hump having avenged their loss, but now their greatest challenge awaits as they face off against the defending champion Shiratorizawa in the finals of the regionals for the right to represent Miyagi in the Tokyo spring tournament.

Airs: Friday, October 7

Studio: Production I.G

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Season 1 Discussion Thread
    Season 2 Discussion Thread

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Let's get ready to rumble!

So after that intense match and hard-fought victory against Seijoh, things pick up as Karasuno goes for the championship against the powerhouse Shiratorizawa. This is all pregame festivities as the Karasuno team is re-introduced, while Shiratorizawa gets introduced, while the fans in the stands show just how excited they are. So now that the match has started, which is best-of-five instead of best-of-three, it's game time. As always, everything in this show is top-notch as it does an excellent job in transitioning into what should be a battle of epic proportions even more so than the Seijoh match seeing that Shiratorizawa is the most incomplete, and hence the most unpredictable. In any case, it's great to be back after a long break.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

And here's the series that was guaranteed to be the best of the season since it was announced before the previous season even ended. Everything in this series just keeps getting better with each season, even when that seems impossible. What a joy to watch.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Left in the dust.

Ushiwaka is showing why he's one of Japan's top players, but in particular being a lefty has giving Karasuno problems in the first set. While they may be in position to defend, Shiratorizawa is always finding a way to break down their defense. Now that they have dropped the first set that Karasuno has their work cut out, but now everybody is focused after being caught totally off guard with Shiratorizawa's playing style. It will be interesting to see just how Karasuno reacts seeing that they can't afford to go down like that again.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Ushiwaka is a god. Considering that, it's impressive enough that Hinata can get his attention whatsoever, even if it's only through Ushiwaka's annoyance at his confidence. Meanwhile, Hinata gets a startling reminder that Ushiwaka alone doesn't make Shiratorizawa so fearsome, even if it's not until after Shiratorizawa takes the first game almost entirely due to Ushiwaka. Right now, Hinata finds himself facing off against Tendo, who happens to have a pretty awful personality.
          Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 12-27-2016, 07:51 PM.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

Everything's connected.

While Ushiwaka had been giving Karasuno a lot of trouble, there's another guy who is just as difficult to deal with in Tendo as he is able to read Karasuno like a book and correctly guessing where they would attack. So after a timeout, the teammates connect and are able to effectively change their game style to make them less predictable and that did the trick as the second set is going down to the wire. While those tactics may not see results all the time, the match is a marathon and not a sprint. Way to coach these boys up as that was brilliant. And that last play was especially great using the blockers to force Ushiwaka to spike the ball to a place where Nishinoya was waiting.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Tendo is such a bastard, but he sure is a character, and being such a little shit makes it so much better when they take him down a peg. "I made a mistake!" Tsukki's dis was the best.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

That one point is worth 100.

With the set going down to the wire, it was back and forth as neither team got the game-winning point. But in the end, it was Tsukishima who came through with a great block of Ushiwaka seeing that he had been unblockable throughout this tournament. Just lead him to spike it into an obvious opening, and then react as if he was going through with it, and with that Karasuno has gotten the momentum they needed as they were going to be dead meat if they didn't win this set. Great job by Tsukishima as his determination to block one of Ushiwaka's shots paid off in a big way.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Already getting to the deuces going all the way into the 30s. An edge-of-the-seat episode all the way through. And Tsukki has had a hell of an arc in this set, delivering the final blow brilliantly.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 5

Strength in Numbers

Individually, Shiratorizawa is far superior to Karasuno, but just like coach Ukai said at the end, that's not what determines the outcome and it's for that reason that this game is interesting. So after Karasuno drops the third set, they take charge with their new tactics that utilize numbers, and that's working. The action is superb once again, and the focus on Shirabu is really something as he's just there to make others look cool.

Comment

Episode 6

If the chance appears, grab it.

Sawamura and Asahi got some development here as those two were aiming high, but came away disappointed during their freshman year. This taught them about opportunity seeing that this team has one ahead of them, and it is quickly fading unless Karasuno can turn things around. So this set comes down to the wire and it looked like Shiratorizawa was going to win it with Ushiwaka serving the match point, but they rallied and then on what appeared to be a broken play, Hinata uses misdirection in a tap for the win. Once again, that's some amazing stuff as Karasuno certainly has come a long way. Now it's onto the decisive fifth set, one that figures to take up the next three episodes, as the opportunity is still on the table waiting to be taken.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

Nice to see the origins of the third-years. Hopefully Suga gets some more time to shine, since he was one of those three but left out far more than either of the others. Another phenomenal conclusion to an extremely close set, finally entering into the final one of these five. This will be amazing.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 7

Being different is a strength.

Lots of drama is happening on the court with the game going into the fifth and final set where first to 15 (and leading by two) as opposed to 25 wins, Kageyama is on the sidelines to get a breather for the stretch run, Sugawara getting his big chance, and Tsukishima injuring his fingers. This episode explains Ushiwaka's background as his mother tried to get him to be right-handed, but being a lefty proved to be a strength. Not to mention, with Karasuno doing all sorts of unconventional things such as having Nishinoya setting the ball that it has Shiratorizawa on alert. In any case, things are not looking good for Karasuno with Ushiwaka still killing it while Tendo has been a menace and everybody is getting exhausted, but they certainly have what it takes to turn things around before it's too late as the wire is coming up really fast.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

There's my Sugawara focus! He gets to start off the final set by putting Karasuno in the lead by several points right off the bat thanks to some work that even Kageyama couldn't manage.

Of course, Shiratorizawa isn't going to let Karasuno just take the victory that easily, and their star players take back the lead before long. Fortunately, this coincides with getting to learn more about the histories of those characters than we had seen before, adding a lot of humanity to both.

And alas, Tsukki amazing blocks finally take their toll...
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 8

In this sport, always look up.

Things are going down to the wire here as Karasuno has rallied back to build a lead, but now the end is coming as Shiratorizawa is at match point. Karasuno did an awful lot of sync attacks, all while those taps and other hits without much force bounced in Karasuno's favor. Then there's Goshiki as he made some careless mistakes in touching the net and playing the ball when it is headed out of bounds. But the boys are getting exhausted all and things are slipping away quickly, but Ukai said just the right thing to get everybody all fired and looking up as that's what this sport is all about. That was great, and the match figures to be decided in the next episode in epic fashion much like with the Seijoh match last season.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X