X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2016] Keijo!!!!!!!! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    競女!!!!!!!!

An ecchi show about a gambling sport where girls use their butts and boobs to knock each other off a floating platform into the water.

Airs: Thursday, October 6

Studio: Xebec

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That's why she wants to step into the world of "Keijo." "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of "Keijo" and bring wealth and fortune for her family?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
    Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Getting a face full of ass.

That was just stupid all-around, but I'll give the creator credit for going all-out with the ecchi potential. So it begins with Nozomi coming to an academy for Keijo players and while her gymnast moves got her far in that exam, she Butt Fumbles her way out after getting hit in the face, and thus she loses. Then she and Sayaka share a room with two others as they begin life together at the dorm where craziness ensues thanks to Non's clumsiness.

So with that, I probably won't be around for long seeing that this show is all about fanservice, but I'll at least be there for another episode before I decide for sure that it Butt Fumbles its way out of my watchlist like how Mark Sanchez did it or if it manages to whip expectations out of the park. It could have been a total disaster just by looking at the concept, but I wasn't exactly high on this show to begin with at all. That said, this show definitely made the best out of a stupid concept.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 10-06-2016, 08:28 PM.
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I LOLed! That was surprisingly cute and funny. The humor is strong here, the lead's enthusiasm was nice, with a quiet contrast for the former judo girl. That really was an enjoyable first episode.

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      That was just stupid all-around, but I'll give the creator credit for going all-out with the ecchi potential.
      That's not even close to scratching the surface of the ecchi potential here. Looks like there'll be no nudity in this series...which is fine, as what they've got here works very well. Yes, this is definitely a show with fan service all over the place, but it doesn't look like it's going overboard.

The recent short series, Tenchi Muyo Ai, had a similar sequence, so is this butt battle thing a school thing in Japan?

Oh, and the ED was very nice, especially the cloud at the, um, end of the end. :D
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Haha, I think I'm going to enjoy watching this OP each time. Full of hilarious eye-candy. And the ED ends with a butt-cloud...

I'm impressed yet again with M・A・O's range. She's the goofball idiot lead Papika in Flip Flappers, and then here she's the unusually subdued (compared to almost everyone else in this series) Miyata. Miyata's really too cute. She can handle Nozomi, but liked her reaction to finding out she's going to be outnumbered by the unique personalities when they get their two roommates.

Hanabi is so adorable yet so absolutely terrifying at the same time. A show like this needs to have fun characters in addition to pleasing fanservice (and I would say it has been rather pleasing) to hold my interest, and so far it's passing the mark decently well compared to my expectations.
        Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 10-06-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post

The recent short series, Tenchi Muyo Ai, had a similar sequence, so is this butt battle thing a school thing in Japan?
          I've seen this 'sport' done elsewhere prior to Ai,but can't remember off the top of my head what series it was.

This looks like a better version of WBTSITW. And yeah, I'll be taking this as seriously as I did with that show. Still, this is mostly going to end up as a guilty pleasure, but at least it doesn't look like we'll be bombarded by sadistic imagery of crotch shots and painful moans ad nauseum.

Comment

This was incredibly stupid and I loved it. I'm in.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
              This looks like a better version of WBTSITW. And yeah, I'll be taking this as seriously as I did with that show. Still, this is mostly going to end up as a guilty pleasure, but at least it doesn't look like we'll be bombarded by sadistic imagery of crotch shots and painful moans ad nauseum.
              I had forgotten all about that show. I did manage to watch all of it (it helped just marathoning it so getting through the slow and painful start wasn't as bad), but it the end it didn't even register as "guilty pleasure". This definitely seems much better, at least so far. I think I'm reminded a bit of Ben-to. That had a ridiculous premise too (not really as fanservicey, though) yet a very beautiful and fun cast of characters. If this ends up being anywhere near as fun as that, it will be good enough for me. I guess Miyata is reminding me of Yarizui Sen, too, which may be another reason why I like her.

Comment

That was unexpectably good. I love how Aoba's (another one?) voice changes when she gets all flustered. Also, judo girl thinks quite fondly of her friend, Nozomi.
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

This shit is so insane lol. "Butt cannon ", "Butt guillotine", butt looking like boobs, how ridiculous can this get dammit. The boob and butt wars were pretty intense and those visuals were something. A lot of people might dismiss this as some stupid ecchi shit, but this probably has the best visuals out of everything I've seen thus far. There was just one moment of quality which seemed a bit poor (the first boob jiggle in the opening sequence) but everything else looked pretty god damn sugoi. This is probably gonna be the awesome visual treat of this season for me. It still won't top last season's Tales of Zestria or Mob Psycho, but it's still pretty good. Flip Flappers looked cool too but this looks better imo. The fight between Nozomi and Kawai looked too good. If anything, at least this show should be a visual treat. Good job Xebec.

This game is pretty dangerous. Even if it's a girl's butt it would still hurt pretty bad given how their swinging their asses around. I mean, they were feeling the intense air pressure from the swinging butts and Nozomi got a bruise on her thigh by a girl's ass. And what's more, Kawai was knocking the girls unconscious with her ass and they were falling into the water. That's a bit too dangerous.

The OP and ED were pretty cool. I like the ending sequence. Lol flying swimsuits and it ended with the clouds looking like a butt. And I liked the ponytail girl standing in front of the Gate of Babylon in the opening sequence lol. And there was this girl in the opening sequence who had a dragon ass or something lol.

If anything, this'll be worth watching for those visuals. I'll be sticking around here.
                  My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 2

I guess none of the classroom stuff is going to be "normal" here either. Studying up on "Asstronomy". And I like how the teacher gets to do an appropriate twist on that "thrown object for punishment" trope.

Thanks to Nozomi recognizing her particular skills, we get to see Aoba progress from aloof fangirl to a being more a part of the team rather heartwarmingly. And she was wanting to be from the start but was just really self-conscious about her accent. It's interesting we have a range of accents among the main girls, rather than the usual case where there's focus on only one accented character.

So it seems Nozomi has unlocked some kind of special ability, and of course one that's going to be cause of fanservice...
                    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 10-13-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Know not thy rump, never shalt thou triumph.

Nozomi begins her military-style training designed for butts and boobs to get stronger, and those are some pretty quirky training routines that those girls are going through. At this academy, elite players get treated like kings, so it's something that she's going hard for. But even though this is an individual sport, there's still a teamwork component as there's that exercise to keep the ball in the air using only butts, and the wind gives those girls a hard time. But with the eyes on the gelato prize, that sure lit a fire in them. While all of those exercises are pretty silly, the girls did come together like that.

So with that, I'll give this show the rest of its trial period before making a decision as while this show's concept is stupid and an excuse for fanservice opportunities, it's still pretty entertaining making the best out of its gimmicky idea.

Comment

Okay, I can't seriously go on any longer with this. It's hilarious that it has such a ridiculous concept, but the novelty of that only lasts for so long, and then I'm just wasting my time.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Gah, made me laugh or have a goofy smile on my face the whole time. The teacher's chalk, um, bump(?) at the heroine? LOL! And, of course, the exercise routine, LOL. This is pure dumb fun, and this show knows it.
                          My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                          1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                          2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                          3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

God damn that training! It was pretty intense. Butt walking, butt figure eights, 200 metre sprints with tyres, sit ups, squats, pull ups, tyre rolling with their boobs and butts, if they would sleep without an air conditioner and continue this for three years straight, they'd lose their hair.

And then they had to pass a beach ball to each other 30 times, with their butts only, and with a serious wind blowing. It's even more difficult when Aoba isn't speaking and ending up where the ball will land and bumps into everyone. And the ponytail saves the day lol. Another reason why ponytails are the best lol.

Also, asstronomy and boobology? Damn. They take boobs and butts way too seriously for their own good. Also, I think I learned something new here: the pelvis tilts forwards in westerners which is why their butts are higher than Japanese butts. Good to know. Now I can impress the examiner with this extra piece of knowledge.

Lol the "siren" should really cut down on the fats in her diet. She would do better without so much fat. Lol the girls weren't able to make her budge. Like hell they'd be able to make that seal move. And then we had a vacuum butt cannon. God dammit! I had no idea that a simple ass swing can do so much damage.

Also, there sure is a lot of gambling in Keijo. The sport is basically made for gambling and making money and these girls are entering mostly for the sole purpose of making some cash. It probably has less to do with them wanting to be the very best and more with them wanting to become rich because of all the money involved in this game.

Maybe it's just me but I think the quality is starting to fall a bit. There were some less good quality shots here and there. The animation towards the end was cool but was short. This episode was pretty damn stupidly hilarious.
                            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 3

She's well-suited for the next class up.

The players classification system is explained as there are the infighters that rely on strength, outfighters that rely on speed, and counters that rely on using an opponent's moves against them. And then there's an event coming where the players get a chance to move up in the ranking system and enjoy the perks that come along with it. Meanwhile, Nozomi is learning that the Vacuum Butt Cannon move she used by sheer luck is powerful, but it causes a lot of strain that it could lead to a career-ending injury. But even so, she insists that she use it, so she dons a rubber suit to undergo Ujibe's special training, and she can barely breathe in it. So the even begins with Miyata up first against Rin and two others.

That was pretty funny to see Nozomi struggling so much with the suit pinching at her so much that she's being twisted like a pretzel. But in the end, all she wants to do is get stronger, and it appears that it's toughening her up seeing that using that technique is really dangerous to herself. So with that seeing that the episode ended on a cliffhanger that I guess I'll give it one more episode before making a decision on this show.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X