Widgets Magazine

shows you love but can rarely watch/Haibane-Renmei/old home forum/Abe news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shows you love but can rarely watch/Haibane-Renmei/old home forum/Abe news?

Widgets Magazine
    So it is likely many people remember I fairly consistently taut Haibane-Renmei as one of the best animes of all time. Just finished watching it again with a non anime friend (philosophy and law degrees deep christian spirituality) and it was an amazing experience. Led to some wonderful deep discussions abut philosophy and religion. Of course as the show is so emotionally effecting I'm up posting about it at 6am rather than sleeping. Do shows you love to pieces do this to anyone else? It may be a time and place mixed with just the incredible quality of the show as I first watched it over eight years ago soon after my grandmother had passed and I had moved away for a first real job after graduate school. Its weird its almost like a nostalgic ache but I have no idea what I am nostalgic for. Ugg sigh...feelings complicated. Testament to real, good art I guess.

On to other topics - there used to be a forum dedicated to Haibane-Renmei called old home I believe can't seem to find it now wanted to show it to the friend who I just introduced the show too. Was fortunate enough to meet Abe at a School Girls and Mobilesuits conference at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (a very odd conference that I recommend) and get my copies of the show signed but I would love to send him a letter talking about the continuing impact of the show on everyone I show it to and casually asking what else comes close to this level of artistry? What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks and be well all
    There is no coincidence only inevitability

Re: shows you love but can rarely watch/Haibane-Renmei/old home forum/Abe news?

The obvious one I think, at least for me, is AnoHana. Which is a wonderful series imo but is equally difficult to watch as it's such an emotional roller coaster. I even procrastinated on watching the AnoHana Movie for well over a year after I purchased it for similar reasons.

Grave of the Fireflies equally is a superb film, but it's also so tragic and hard to watch. I thought it was a harrowing important masterpiece and I'm not sure I ever want to watch it again.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Re: shows you love but can rarely watch/Haibane-Renmei/old home forum/Abe news?

Grave of the fireflies I can see. I haven't watched it because I expect it would have the similar reason to it. After thinking about this some more I will add here and there then and now to my list. Great but ultimatley very depressing show. Have not heard of AnoHana - may have to check that out after I recover by watching some funny stuff...hmm Shin Koihmie Muso is in my cr queue..
      There is no coincidence only inevitability

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X