Widgets Magazine

TFP's Anime List Project #30: Pure Fanservice (w/ Festival Ep Poll)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFP's Anime List Project #30: Pure Fanservice (w/ Festival Ep Poll)

Widgets Magazine
    Welcome to the 30th edition of The Fandom Post Anime List Project. Where TFP readers can suggest and vote on lists for a wide array of anime-related topics, sometimes relating to the current anime season.

The poll for the last topic, Best Festival Episode, is above. Please select up to but no more than five (5) options! Voting on this poll is open through midday Monday, July 18th

And the winners of the last poll, Favorite Beach Episodes:

5.) Magic User's Club OVA, ep. 4 "The Sea, the Cave, and the Magic Party"
    4.) Azumanga Daioh, ep. 22 "Entrance Exams Study Camp!"
    3.) Angelic Layer, ep. 21 "Summertime at the Sea! Someone is in Love With Someone!"
    2.) Non Non Biyori, ep. 5 "I Pretended I Forgot My Swimsuit"
    1.) Aria the Animation, ep. 5 "To That Island Which Shouldn't Exist..."

And next: Best Swimwear. It's #3 in our Summer List Series, and yes, the heat has finally gotten to us in the FaPo ALPro office. I've decided to, for once, pay some credit to our cute little title abbreviation. Favorite swimsuit clad character--MALE OR FEMALE or WHATEVER!--in anime.

Please reply to this root post with up to five (5) nominations. Nominations are open through most of Monday, July 18th.

(If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well.)

Thanks!

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bctaris; 07-12-2016, 01:12 PM.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
    Please Support The Fandom Post

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #30: Pure Fanservice

I'll start:

Lum, Urusei Yatsura...like, almost all the time.

President Aria, Aria You have to give it up for old fashioned swimming clothes on a cat.

Comment

Only 5!!! I'll go schizo trying to decide.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

This promises to be fun! Well, I can easily recommend these:

1. Aoi Futaba (You're Under Arrest!)-C'mon guys, no list like this one would be complete without Aoi!
        2. Urd (Ah! My Goddess)-Few can bring the heat in a swimsuit like Urd can.
        3. Aoi Sakurai (Rail Wars!)-Aoi # 2 & while not as sexy as the former 2, I think she holds her own pretty well.
        4. Naga the White Serpent (Slayers OVAs)-Like Lum, pretty much all the time.

Speaking of Lum, I'll also second her.
        Avatar: The 2018 NL East Champion Atlanta Braves
        FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
        Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
          This promises to be fun! Well, I can easily recommend these:

1. Aoi Futaba (You're Under Arrest!)-C'mon guys, no list like this one would be complete without Aoi!
          3. Aoi Sakurai (Rail Wars!)-Aoi # 2 & while not as sexy as the former 2, I think she holds her own pretty well.

Speaking of Lum, I'll also second her.
          Miyuki, yes, Aoi, no.

So, one vote for Miyuki Kobayakawa from You're Under Arrest!
          My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
          1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
          2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and

Comment

Here's another: Aria Shichijo from Seitokai Yakuindomo While Shino and several of the other girls wear swimsuits well, Aria takes the cake for this show...and she has so much fun doing it as well, especially reverse suntan lotion application, lol.

Comment

And here's...erk...too...many...girls!!!!!!

Brain explodes

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
                Miyuki, yes, Aoi, no.
                Who says we can't have both? Aoi outshines most women feminine-wise which is why I nominated him. Of course, Miyuki gets an automatic second from me (Replacing Lum) & to make it complete I'm replacing Aoi Sakurai with Natsumi for a 3-way punch from Bokuto Station.

Comment

A couple of needed revisions to my nominations:

3. Natsumi Tsujimoto (You're Under Arrest!)-She & her partner Miyuki Kobayakawa (Seconded) keep the streets of Tokyo safe & look good while doing so.

Comment

I'm only going to list weird or unusual swimwear. I'll have to spend some time thinking about other examples, but one immediately comes to mind:

Suzuno Kamazuki from The Devil is a Part-Timer!

I will edit this entry if I can think of more.
                    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Mikoto Misaka (A Certain Scientific Railgun): I like how her preference in casual swimsuit emphasizes her tastes so well. Even if she's too self-conscious about what people think of that to wear it at first, she frolics quite adorably when she thinks no one is watching...
                      Yuzuka Hanami (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara): Well, this stands out in how it's a magical girl costume, with her embarrassment over it being a key point of the series as a whole even
                      Sena Kashiwazaki (Haganai): Obligatory sexy skimpy bikini, but Sena stands out to me. I think I've always liked how it matches her eyes.
                      Minami Ikoma (The World God Only Knows): Heh, and I was just thinking about her with the previous topic... While her arc was skipped in the anime, I'd say she actually counts here. Haha. But seriously though, probably one of the most endearing girls in a racing swimsuit. Goes well with her messy hair.
                      Galko (Please Tell Me! Galko-chan): Well, in terms of the color scheme appeal (among other things...), I guess this choice kind of overlaps with Sena (maybe there's something about that for me?). But the swimsuits in the series emphasize the character rather well. Very gal-like with her accessories, and I like how she uses her appeal to rather heartwarming ends in the swimsuit ep's story.
                      Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-12-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Encouragement of Climb (Season 2), ep. 24 "Farewell to Our Summer"
                        Watching this episode, I'm reminded of the workers topic from a few weeks ago. Didn't mention him, but I did have Su-san on my mind in addition to Hikari (Hikari being only moderately more fitting of the theme since Su-san is the owner and not part-time). But they're both awesome, particularly this episode where they're curious about Aoi's "boyfriend" and get to show Hinata how Aoi feels about her. Gets to show the warm environment at the shop quite nicely.

Comment

Sylphynford Tachibana, Himouto! Umaru-chan: 3 out of 4 sport the frillies, but Sylphyn wears it best.
                          Aki Muroto, Photo Kano: She's both stylish in her swim club uni and wears a somewhat unconventional style to the public pool.
                          Celia Cumani Aintree , Walkure Romanze: "I will use two bears for my talent" Celia doesn't need to try. :D
                          Yuushibu girls , Yuushibu: All wear the same uniform, but what makes it stand out is the color coordination to their eyes and the ribbon. If DanMachi had the boob ribbon, I think the Yuushibu girls started the trend with the hip ribbon.
                          Isuzu Sento Amagi Brilliant Park: She plunders the booty with style.
                          Last edited by Sensuifu; 07-13-2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

K-On!! (Season 2), ep. 13 "Late Summer Postcard!"
                            Speaking of things the poll reminds one of... The inclusion of this pushed me to get back to watching K-On!! since I was around this part of the show, and in fact I would have nominated (or allowed) the one before it, episode 12, taking place at a very legit summer festival--Fuji Rock (or Natsu Rock, as they have it ). Perfect impression and expression of a big outdoor music festival like that, and that one specifically (one of the more popular internationally), and now one of my favorite episodes of the show. (And episode 13's pretty genius, too.)

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                              K-On!! (Season 2), ep. 13 "Late Summer Postcard!"
                              Speaking of things the poll reminds one of... The inclusion of this pushed me to get back to watching K-On!! since I was around this part of the show, and in fact I would have nominated (or allowed) the one before it, episode 12, taking place at a very legit summer festival--Fuji Rock (or Natsu Rock, as they have it ). Perfect impression and expression of a big outdoor music festival like that, and that one specifically (one of the more popular internationally), and now one of my favorite episodes of the show. (And episode 13's pretty genius, too.)
                              I'll admit I was thinking of that episode too, particularly since I can see Mugi's quest for yakisoba to tie the two episodes together as a summer festival arc of sorts.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X