X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 8

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
    If someone knows how to edit these days, could you please edit the previous post to read "Episode 8"? Thanks.
    Have you tried right-clicking on "Edit Post" and then "Open link in new tab"?
    Thanks for the tip!
    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episodes 9-12

Several times I tried to post in this thread, but things kept happening that would cause me to lose what I'd written and not get back to it. The show comes to a decent conclusion, with the promise of more to come, whether it is a second season, OADs/OVAs or the source material, who knows? But this was not a bad series. Even without the ecchi elements, this is a better series than a lot of harem rom-coms out there. The envelope gets pushed in this series in a lot of fun ways. Here's a rundown:

Episode 9

The school festival. Aine's still confused and distant and afraid to conduct a hybrid because of the memories that arise. As a result, the semi-loli Sylvia Silkcut joins Yurushia and Hayuru for a planned musical number in Aine's place. Meanwhile in Batlantis, we're introduced to this season's final boss, Zelshione, who has mind control powers, has turned Aldea into a pet, literally, and is torturing Grabel for failing to report things about the Zeros unit. Grabel is making noises that she's not really a bad person, not wanting to kill any more of the "Lemurians". Zelshione heads off to attack, but is stopped by a surprising person. Meanwhile, Kizuna tracks down Aine, and she agrees to perform a heart x hybrid, but the memories come agains and she stops. At which point every alarm goes off, with the arrival of an enemy fleet. And on the lead battleship? Kizuna's mom.

Episode 10

Worst mother of the year award seems locked up. All the woman is interested in are her experiments. After a brief skirmish, she withdraws, and plans proceed with the attack on Tokyo. Meanwhile, the semi-loli/loli(?) Sylvia joins Amaterasu and Kizuna inserts a core into her...offscreen, fortunately. The attack on Tokyo proceeds, despite an enemy spoiling attack. When Kizuna arrives, instead of devastation, he finds a seemingly untouched part of Tokyo.

Episode 11

Mom explains. Turns out its magic, an illusion. The people are alive but their life energy is being stolen to power Batlantis. Matrix, anyone? They plan to extend this system al across the world, enslaving, and eventually killing everyone. And then we have a loli battle, with the arrival of Sylvia with her Taros armament which saves everyone after she beats the other loli's mech, and the Batlantis loli is a sore loser who decides to suicide and nuke everything. Nice visuals here. Everyone's been fighting evergy's running low, so it's hybrid time, with a simulator room sent out, looping us back to where we came in on episode 1., ending pretty much where episode1's introduction arc ended: Haruyu having hybrid hearted with Kizuna, and Aine wanting a climax hybrid to get her ultimate weapon.

Episode 12

Upping the ecchi level. Turns out Aine's turn on is exhibitionism-style embarrassment play. First in a simulated classroom, then a simulated school auditorium, Aine gets what she needs, but something is blocking her from getting to her weapon.
      Meanwhile, outside, ultimate boss Zelshione has arrived, mind controlling people as she goes into either dreams of ecstasy or nightmares. She sends Aine into her own memories. Kizuna fights back, but gets pwned. Then the other girls 9except Aine) sense him and give their strength to him (though she is having memories of him as a child helping her). He kicks butt, but its not enough, and Zelshione mind controls Aine's body to kill Kizuna. however, this breaks Aine's barrier, she gets her ultimate weapon, "Code-Breaker", which defeats Zelshione, breaking her mind control on everyone. The Tokyo entrance is sealed, and the good guys win. We end with Evil Mom looking on, prepared for the next phase of her experiments, and then have an after credits introduction of curiously, scantily clad Batlantis Princess Aines Zinclaive (?) who seems to call Aine "big sister". We then go to black, with a "To Be Continued" tag.

I can't quite grade this show, as the censorship makes a big difference, with episode 12 having the heaviest amount of censorship to date, but it looks to be a B to B+ show. It started off on the wrong foot in the first episode, but improved steadily thereafter, with a good sense of fun and humor and a big enough story to make the ecchi fit into it appropriately. There's a fun moment where Kizuna is giving a briefing to the males of the class as to exactly how he's powering up the girls...with Haruyu discovering what's going on, and Kizuna treating it as he would any other military style briefing, and a bit befuddled by the reactions to his no-nonsense manner.

Kizuna was a surprise. He grows, and is actually an MC with a pair. He knows that if he doesn't get the girls to ecstasy, they die, and he's accepted that role, with all it means. His character growth and parallel power growth were nice to see. The mystery of Aine interweaves throughout, and Yurishia is a lot of fun as the team member who's ready and willing to dive into the fun that is offered to power up. Haruyu is the stereotypical tsundere disciplinary committee prude, but her background gives meaning to her character. It's not a perfect series by any means: The motives of the villains remains unknown, and the same with Evil Mom. We really don't get to know Big Sis Reirei, or her assistant, and we don't get too much of the loli (a good thing in my opinion, given the nature of this show). We do get good action and a lot of sexy fun.

Easily the comeback show of the season, it turned out to be a surprisingly good show, and also pushed the ecchi envelope. Recommended for those not offended by near Skinamax level of ecchiness.
      Last edited by General Hentai; 09-21-2016, 07:22 PM.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X