X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2016] Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    魔装学園H×H

An ecchified harem where the MC is set to become stronger by being made a pervert thanks to his big sister.

Airs: Tuesday, July 5

Studio: Production IMS

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Hida Kizuna possesses the HHG (Heart Hybrid Gear) ability, but it is not strong enough to make him particularly important. His older sister calls him to transfer to a strategic defense school, where many of the students (many of which are large-breasted girls) use their HHG abilities to fight invaders from another world while wearing extremely skimpy pilot outfits. Kizuna's fighting ability doesn't measure up, but his sister has another plan—apparently having erotic experiences with Kizuna will allow the girls to replenish their energy or power-up. It looks like his new school life is going to be full of embarrassment.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Go erotic or let her die.

That was borderline hentai there seeing Kizuna having to go erotic with Aine in order to save her life as in this show, how powerful somebody is depends on ecchiness. So the deal is that Kizuna is asked to come to Ataraxia in order to sexually harass girls to power up their battle armor so that they can defeat alien invaders. I have seen something like this before in Daimidaler and the results are just bad. Here, there's an awful lot of censorship, and at least that was interesting to see to detract from the awful things going on in this show. I'll give it one more episode, but this show looks headed to the drop pile pretty quickly.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Go erotic or let her die.

That was borderline hentai there seeing Kizuna having to go erotic with Aine in order to save her life as in this show, how powerful somebody is depends on ecchiness. So the deal is that Kizuna is asked to come to Ataraxia in order to sexually harass girls to power up their battle armor so that they can defeat alien invaders. I have seen something like this before in Daimidaler and the results are just bad. Here, there's an awful lot of censorship, and at least that was interesting to see to detract from the awful things going on in this show. I'll give it one more episode, but this show looks headed to the drop pile pretty quickly.
      Comparing this to Daimidaler is like comparing a housecat and a lion as the same since they're both members of the cat family. I agree, this isn't looking too promising, but Daimdaler was a parody from the get-go, ending up with an in your face satire of Japanese censorship laws.

There's no parody here. And I'm not too optimistic about this show, as there doesn't seem to be enough of an original twist, other than as being a sexed up version of a standard harem show. With the big sister, it's almost like a sexed up version of Infinite Stratos, just not as good.

This show isn't close to borderline hentai, at least not with this episode, even accounting for the censorship. Borderline hentai, in my book would be Qwaser of Stigmata or Step Up Love Story/Futari H.

In the past you've dropped some good shows because of their ecchi nature, but this show is already looking to be lucky if it just manages to hit mediocre.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

I've been able to enjoy "fanservice" in anime & know not to hate a series just because a girl has cleavage, so I'm not an auto-hater. That being said this show was flat out terrible. The ultimate problem is the fanservice is too desperate (and impatient too. Not even 10 seconds) to the point it feels like it's begging you to get horny.

It also doesn't help that all of the girls are horrible & I'm sorry, but I prefer to fantasize about hot girls I like over hot girls that need to be thrown in a ditch. Maybe the girls get better, but they along with the guy were just bleh.

So yeah probably one of the worst shows I've tried this season.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 2

The portal has opened.

I decided to put up with another episode of this train wreck, and at the very least it didn't go overboard with the ecchiness as it managed to stay away from censorship for the first two thirds of the episode, and other than Kizuna getting all erotic with Yurishia, that was the only time censorship was needed. At the very least, I know what's going on here as that stuff at the beginning should have been said in the first episode. Anyway, this episode is all about Yurishia and she became a sitting duck when her power level went below 5%. But just leave it to Kizuna, and the day is saved. It was all of the bad parts of a harem that I have come to expect. There's that blue-haired girl at the end that apparently is opening those portals on purpose for some reason.

So with that, I have had enough of Ecchi x Ecchi, and this is one of the most f'd up shows that I have come across in recent times. The whole concept was just asking for it seeing that TVQ decided to pull the plug on this ecchifest.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            The portal has opened.

I decided to put up with another episode of this train wreck, and at the very least it didn't go overboard with the ecchiness as it managed to stay away from censorship for the first two thirds of the episode, and other than Kizuna getting all erotic with Yurishia, that was the only time censorship was needed. At the very least, I know what's going on here as that stuff at the beginning should have been said in the first episode. Anyway, this episode is all about Yurishia and she became a sitting duck when her power level went below 5%. But just leave it to Kizuna, and the day is saved. It was all of the bad parts of a harem that I have come to expect. There's that blue-haired girl at the end that apparently is opening those portals on purpose for some reason.

So with that, I have had enough of Ecchi x Ecchi, and this is one of the most f'd up shows that I have come across in recent times. The whole concept was just asking for it seeing that TVQ decided to pull the plug on this ecchifest.
            I'll be staying. :D

The first episode was not a good first impression. However, the pre-opening credits portion was downright hysterical, with strict Big Sis aka Commander Sis, aka Principal Sis, explaining with video evidence, to the entire school, how her lil brother is going to power-up the hotties. We also get a good run down as to what's actually going on.

It's good news that the consent issue has now vanished. The girls know what's going on, and even our tsundere (on the Disciplinary committee, of course) is interested, although she'd rather die than admit it. And we have some bigger plot issues going on behind the scenes (whether there's a worthwhile payoff remains to be seen, of course). And that our MC's mom was the inventor of the whole hybridxheart system, and we've already seen he's got mommy issues.

In short: Not bad, not bad at all, indeed, this episode qualifies as good. Nothing spectacular yet, but definitely on the plus side of average. At the least, there's hope that this show might turn out to be decent, in an indecent way, of course. Time will tell.
            My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
            1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
            2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and

Comment

Definitely the most extreme ecchi of the new shows this season. It only took me this long to see it because this is the only show marked as 18+ on Crunchyroll, which means it doesn't show up on Roku, so I forgot it existed until I saw the thread. About what I'd expect from a show of its kind, although for a "BUY THE BLU-RAYS" show, it's at least a lot more entertaining than the other of that category this season, Ange Vierge. Still a very bad show, of course.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

Hump or Death?

This show got off to a lousy start with the first episode, but got better with episode 2, and again has a solid effort with Episode 3, as important new background is revealed, about Aine, Kizuna & his mother, and why it's important the girls stay, um, powered up. As has been mentioned before, Kizuna's mother was the scientist behind the HeartxHybrid system, but mysteriously vanished. Again, the consent issue is gone, with both Yurisha and Aine actively seeking power-ups from Kizuna, Aine aggressively so in this episode, so much so, and in a manner that clearly makes her uncomfortable (she attempts to seduce him during daylight on a public park bench), that he ends up putting a stop to the attempt.

We learn that while Kizuna had been rejected by his own mother, as his HeartHybrid was weak, she took in the mysterious child, Aine, who has no record since being found in the Chidorigafuchi district 7 years ago, giving the girl her name, and due to her high acceptance level with the HeartHybrid system, for multiple experiments.

Kizuna gets some time with each of the girls in this episode, a date with Yurisha, touring the Japanese mega-float, time already mentioned with Aine, and walking Himekawa home after school, and having their first HearxHybrid powerup, due to his kindness and her emotional connection, catching her as she fell, and not from sexual contact.

Speaking of his mother, Big sis Reiri finally reveals an important, recently learned truth, getting him to experience an experiment run by their mother, in which she takes control of a test subject's system, running her down, over her protests, until her Hybrid count hits zero...which causes the test subject to die, with mom pleased to get lots of data. She ain't winning any mother of the year awards.

Yep, if the girls hit Zero, they die. It literally becomes Hump or Death? (Reference is from Mel Brooks History of the World Part I, to the choice given to a French maiden about whether she'll give into the King's seduction, hump, or let her father be executed, death.)

Shows like this need a hook of some kind, and we finally get it. We increase the mystery about the missing mom, we get the paralells between Kizuna, rejected by his mom, and Aine, who is the center of that mom's attention until her disappearance. Plus the mystery of Aine herself. And now we have an even better reason for naughty behavior. With a show like this, you never know where its going, but after a weak start, we've had 2 solid episodes. This show has gotten more interesting and better every week, and the story potential set up here could become a good one. Whether it does, we'll have to watch to find out.

Comment

Episode 4

Lots of talk time here between Aine and Kizuna. Pretty decent character development, set against the backdrop of an enemy attack. In the end, we learn that the HxH gear contains an "Immoral Weapon" which, if the girl gets stimulated enough, can be unlocked. Not only that, as a side effect, the girl becomes sexually aggressive. Suffice to say, Aine's is unlocked and the bad guys driven off. Aine recovers some of her memories, and as we see them, they can only be from the invading universe.

This show continues to surprise, getting better with each episode. Great art? No. But it's better than a lot of harem shows which don't have the ecchi content.

Comment

Episode 5

Several things happen in this episode to move the plot forward. We start to get background on the prim and proper Himekawa; We get the "Love Room" introduced that we saw in the first episode, and it's introduction is a good bit of fun. We later have Kizuna and Yurisha doing a successful "test" of its capabilities.

The team responds to a radio signal from Guam, where when the teams separate, Kizuna and Himekawa run into a green-haired young woman who proclaims herself from the Batlantis Empire, the alternate universe that invaded Earth, and that she's out to take their cores. When Yurisha and Aine arrive as reinforcements, a powerful new mecha is unleashed against them, causing Himekawa to go berserk, as she's clearly seen it before. The team has to flee, with the episode ending with clearly round 2 coming next episode.

We get some background on the baddies, plus indications that someone might be manipulating things behind the scenes. This show turned away a lot of people with the first episode, but at this point it is better than many shows out there, and not just harem anime either. It's not terribly original in many aspects, but rarely are the tropes that are present used in an ecchified manner. I had serious doubts that this show would work after episode 1; I was wrong. It is working just fine at this point, although a meltdown is always possible.

Comment

Episode 6

Catching up a bit here...

This episode follows up on the previous episode, as we resolve Himekawa's past, as it becomes clear that she failed to protect Japanese civilians from the same tri-headed mecha. She returns to fight the invader, Aldea, on Guam, but it easily defeated. Powerless and about to die, she's saved by the other members of Amaterasu and, oh yes, the mobile simulator room, where Kizuna allays Kimejkawa's past, and gets her to reach a climax hybrid. She gets her revenge destroying the tri-head, and the team drives off the arriving reinforcements, at the same time that the American Hybrid squad arrives, led by Scarlet, who has a beef with Yurishia.

Well, it had to come, the prudish girl gets it on finally. Again, the story on this is solid at this point, with the ecchi aspects adding to the fun. This is turning out to be superior to many a harem show which refuses to go there, again to my surprise.

Comment

Episode 7

The plot thickens...and by plot, I mean plot, and I mean plot.

Aine is becoming more and more frustrated about her lack of knowledge about who she is, as a dream cues us in to something that we've seen strongly suggested before: Aine is from Batlantis, the alien dimension. Of course, we the audience know this, but Aine doesn't. LKizuna's big sis , Reirei, has received info that will enable them to seal the alien's entrances to Earth, and they'll be operating together with the US team, led by Scarlet Fairchild. Scarlet, however, blames Yurishia for using them as a pawns in a battle, and taking credit for it. Together with Kizuna, the two of them show how close they are in their actions, with Kizuna deducing that they had been very close friends.

And then, yuri time, er, I mean plot time. Back in Batlantis, Aldea has a dinner with General Grabel, discussing the sighting of the Zeroes Unit and Aine, which clearly means something to Grabel. But enough food, and the two proceed to the main course of themselves.

After which, Grabel lands Ataraxia, and shows how OP she is, kicking everyone's butts, and trying to take Aine back with her. But she runs low on energy and makes her escape.

This episode has alien yuri action...despite the aliens looking like human females. :D

This show continues to do a nice job with the usual tropes, here the estranged friends/rivals, Aine's mystery deepens, and we have a new, formidable enemy for the group to somehow defeat. This show continues to outperform many shows that only tease the possibility of ecchi possibilities.

Comment

Episode 8

"Connective Hybrid"

With a title like that in an ecchi show like this, you know that there has to be a double entendre there, right?

The answer is, of course: Hell, Yeah!

Well, if I described episode 3 as "Hump or Death", I'd have to describe this one as "Threesome or Defeat". Yep, our next power up to defeat Grabel is a threesome with two of the girls and Lucky Bastard, er, I mean Kizuna. To take back Japan, they first need to seal the entrances on Okinawa, but Grabel is there. The only power to beat her? The Connective Hybrid, utilizing a new energy source, allowing for an even more powerful Immoral Weapon. So Lucky Bastard, oops, I mean Kizuna chooses Yurishia and Scarlet. The result is a nice reconciliation between Kizuna and Scarlet over the misunderstanding about what happened in the past: Yurishia sent the team off to fight a new entrance, but didn't know there was a new entrance. She fought alone because the enemy was over a populated area, and Scarlet's missiles could cause civilian casualties, a burden that Yurishia thought would be too much for Scarlet. She did take credit for the victory, but Scarlet now realizes that Yurishia was injured from that first fight, alone, when she arrived to finish off the meccha. Friendship revived.

And then lots of threesome activity.

The censorship on CR is absolutely hysterical to behold in this sequence, far and away the most creative and funniest yet. And, yes, they powerup, all 3 of them. Aine tries to find out more about herself from Grabel, but before anything can be revealed, we have the main showdown, with Yurishia taking out Aldea. Which really pisses off Grabel, who powers up herself, knocking out Yurishia and Scarlet. But Kizuna had powered up as well, managing to defeat Grabel, who takes Aldea and departs. The show ends with celebration the success of the Okinawa operation, and Aine feeling even more confused, frustrated and isolated.

There's good stuff here, and I'm not just talking the censorship fun. Kizuna has slowly been getting more powerful in the recent episodes, with the payoff here. There's actually a logic system at work here, despite it being ecchi logic, and in the rules of its universe, it actually makes sense. Kizuna continues to show he's no herbivore, and that he's becoming more and more appropriate as the captain of Amaterasu, not just as the token stud. This episode was a lot of fun, some of it due to humor imposed outside of the intended production. It continues to be a solid show. For example, it's easily better than Sky Wizards Academy. It's not perfect, as we get too little time meeting some of the minor supporting cast (the tech help, the other girls on the American team), but it is definitely exceeding expectations.
                          Last edited by General Hentai; 09-21-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 8

If someone knows how to edit these days, could you please edit the previous post to read "Episode 8"? Thanks.

Comment

Re: Episode 8

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
                              If someone knows how to edit these days, could you please edit the previous post to read "Episode 8"? Thanks.
                              Have you tried right-clicking on "Edit Post" and then "Open link in new tab"?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X