X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2016] Scared Rider XechS Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    スカーレッドライダーゼクス

A show about bishonen riders fighting against invaders from another world, and a girl who leads this pack.

Airs: Tuesday, July 5

Studio: Satelight

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

The Blue World, which symbolizes reason, is under constant attack by the creatures called the Nightfly O'Note originating from the Red World, symbolizing instinct. Akira Asagi, the 17-year-old protagonist who is a researcher at Blue World, is nominated to lead the war at Ryuukyuu LAG, a proud defense facility on the islands of Ishigaki and Iriomote. She meets the sixth combat unit "IS," which was formed four years after a fierce battle that annihilated the fifth unit. Akari must lead these six riders, also called the Scared Rider Xechs, to fight against the other world while at the same time deepening the relationship among them.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Riding into trouble.

This show is pretty much an otoge version of Super Sentai where the pretty boys transform into these masked superheroes to crush alien invaders, and these guys all ride bikes. Yosuke dues does have a problem there seeing that he went to the battlefield without transforming to save a girl locked in a case who has a death wish. But he transforms just in time before the invader has his way. That was a pretty dull and cliched way to start things out there, but I'll give it another episode or two before deciding if it is worth watching or not.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

It's morphin' time!

At least this episode is less of a mess than the first episode as the lead female actually shows up as a relevant part of the show. That said, it's just another cheesy way to imitate the Power Rangers here and it was pretty boring for the most part. Those guys nearly kicked each other's asses had it not been for Akira being right there with support from above the ground. Now that threat is out of the way, the characters can actually get to know each other now until the next time one of those Nightflies attacks.

So with that, I'm through with this show seeing that I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what this show wants to be, and whatever it is, I'm not feeling it at all as it seemingly is trying to be another show like the Power Rangers, and whatever else they had planned, I'm just not getting into it.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Wow. I can't believe they managed to make this so bad. I'm kind of impressed. It seems like the source material had to be pretty terrible to begin with, but it hardly even seemed like an otoge adaptation. It's like they made a point to keep it as bad as one could be anyway.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...