Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #28: The One With the Goldfish

Voting and nominations close tonight!

Silver Spoon, ep. 9 "Hachiken Hesitates over Pork Bowl" The straightforward Oezoo Summer Festival, where Ezonoo students make an annual tradition of devouring its food stalls. Some good humor in the middle of a key episode for Hachiken as he begins to understand the life and death cycle of his adopted agricultural life, influencing the local students' philosophy in return. (Leave it to Hachiken's brother to defeat the Ezonoo students, to the other stall operators' delight, with his terrible cooking...) Looking over "summer festival" episodes, this may be a favorite, even as it's only part of it, but also showing the variety of the theme.

Encouragement of Climb Season 2, ep. 24 "Farewell to Our Summer" A simple season finale, a reprise of the season's climax an episode before, cast around Honoka visiting town and Aoi/Hinata having to resolve an falling out between them in time for fireworks. It's all a brief part of the episode, but finely animated as the show always was. And speaking of kingyo-sukui, Kokona is revealed to be a true master, with several named moves...
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
    Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Barely remembered another one! Obon, this time, or, more specifically, Daimonji, from an incidental chronicler of Kyoto, Masaaki Yuasa.

The Tatami Galaxy, ep. 11 "The End of the 4½ Tatami Age" Could technically be the first episode as well, as the same event bookends the story. Anything else is spoiling--or just too confusing to relate.

Comment

And so, here are the remaining nominations that I will put in. I already went ahead to nominate these two:

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ep. 7: Begging The Heavens
        Tokyo Ravens ep. 20: Overcry ~Fireworks~
        And I'll add these to my nominations, both of them being the usual summer festival type episodes after nomination two unconventional ones:

Kiniro Mosaic ep. 6: Golden Alice, Golden Karen
        First half of the episode, the girls are having their trip to the mountains, and the second half they are at the festival. Seeing the Brits enjoying the festivities is really something.

Cardcaptor Sakura, ep. 18: Sakura, Yukito, and the Summer Festival
        The Clow card in this episode is really something, and not to mention I can't ever go against Sakura in a yukata.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
        Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Since I have one left, a last nomination for a friend, also an Obon one:

Barakamon, ep. 8 "Buddhist Chanting Dance"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...