Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFP's Anime List Project #29: The One With the Goldfish

Widgets Magazine
    Welcome to the 28th edition of The Fandom Post Anime List Project. Where TFP readers can suggest and vote on lists for a wide array of anime-related topics, sometimes relating to the current anime season.

The poll for the last topic, Favorite Beach Episode, is above. Please select up to but no more than five (5) options! Voting on this poll is open SIX DAYS through Sunday, July 10th.

And the winners of the last poll, The Worker:

5.) Maki Matsumoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
    4.) Totsuki Resort Service Staff (Food Wars!, ep. 13-14)
    3.) Special Vehicles Maintenance Crew (Patlabor)
    2.) Maya Matsumoto (Working!)
    1.) Saionji (Tanaka-kun is Always Listless)

And next: Favorite Summer Festival. You saw this one coming. Right as July 4th ends in the US, it's your favorite episodes, movies, OVA, etc., about a festival during Summer. Tanabata to any unnamed event with food vendors, carnival games, and fireworks. (With or without a summer kimono or a first kiss.) Any place, any time.

Please reply to this root post with up to five (5) nominations. Nominations are open through Sunday, July 10th.

(If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well.)

Thanks!
    Acchi-Kocchi, ep. 7 "It's the Mountains! It's a River! ⇔ Barbecue!"
    1.69%
    Angelic Layer, ep. 21 "Summertime at the Sea! Someone is in Love With Someone!"
    6.78%
    Another, ep. 8 "Hair stand"
    1.69%
    Aria the Animation, ep. 5 "To That Island Which Shouldn't Exist..."
    10.17%
    Azumanga Daioh, ep. 22 "Entrance Exams Study Camp!"
    6.78%
    Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!, ep. 1 "Me, Everyone, and Swimming in the Ocean!"
    3.39%
    Cardcaptor Sakura, ep. 17 "Sakura's Scary Test of Courage"
    1.69%
    Encouragement of Climb, ep. 11 "Tomorrow is Outdoors!"
    1.69%
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!, ep. 2 "Tricolore Birthday"
    0.00%
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, ep. 3 "Summer Illusion of Steel"
    5.08%
    Girls Und Panzer OVA 2 "Survival War!"
    5.08%
    Hayate the Combat Butler!! OVA "Atsu ga natsui ze Mizugi-han"
    1.69%
    Hello! Kiniro Mosaic, ep. 10 "Seaside Promise"
    1.69%
    Himouto! Umaru-chan, ep. 12 "Umaru and Everyone"
    1.69%
    Hyperdimension Neptunia TV, ep. 8 "The Paradise (Island) Forbidden..."
    3.39%
    Invaders of the Rokujyouma!?, ep. 4 "Swimming and Plots?!"
    1.69%
    Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, ep. 16 "Maid Latte at the Beach House"
    1.69%
    Kamichu!, ep. 7 "Lovers of the Sun"
    1.69%
    K-On!, ep. 4 "Training Camp"
    5.08%
    K-On!, ep. 10 "Training Camp Again!"
    3.39%
    Lucky Star, ep. 6 "Fixtures of Summer"
    3.39%
    Magic User's Club OVA, ep. 4 "The Sea, the Cave, and the Magic Party"
    5.08%
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, ep. 6 & 8 "Remote Island Syndrome"
    1.69%
    Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun Shorts, ep. 4-6
    3.39%
    My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, ep. 8 "One Day, They Will Learn the Truth"
    1.69%
    Non Non Biyori, ep. 5 "I Pretended I Forgot My Swimsuit"
    8.47%
    No-Rin, ep. 9 "School Swim Trunks"
    1.69%
    Oreshura, ep. 12 "The Result Following a Scheme is a Battlefield"
    1.69%
    Re-Kan!, ep. 4 "Summer Means the Beach"
    0.00%
    School Rumble, ep. 12 "Save Me at the Beach! Save Me, I'm Naked! Just Save Me For Real!"
    1.69%
    Tenchi Universe, ep. 20 "No Need For Swimsuits"
    1.69%
    You're Under Arrest! Special (s1, ep. 52), "Diverting Traffic at the Beach"
    3.39%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bctaris; 07-05-2016, 11:17 AM.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
    Please Support The Fandom Post

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #28: The One With the Goldfish

Recent, but after having binged on this series, can't help but mention it - ReLIFE Ep.13 "Confession" Nice way to end the series and I hope there'll be more animated.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Ep.12 "If This Feeling Isn't Love, Then There Is No Love In The World" Poor Chiyo.

Tenchi Universe Ep. 7 "No Need For Carnivals" Ryoko, Ayeka, Kiyone, and Mihoshi working their booths... Since this was Sasami's first festival on Earth, Tenchi had to make sure everything went smoothly for her....until Washu's "Worst Hells" exhibition. Seems like 'Sadism' should be Washu's middle name. :D

Zegapain Ep.10 "Again, Summer Comes" A bittersweet, somewhat melancholic festival; and perfect ED to go with it.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless Ep.10 "Tanaka-kun's Summer Another recent one, though fantastic all because of Miyano's yukata dilemma. :D
    Last edited by Sensuifu; 07-05-2016, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Brainstorming the Tanabata topic already, I did come up with a really good one to nominate there:
      The Devil Is a Part-Timer!, ep. 9 "The Hero Experiences a Fray"

The World God Only Knows and Watamote have some fantastic Tanabata episodes... only in the manga. Unfortunately very unlikely to ever be animated (skipped in the former and past the end of the anime in the latter)

Though I'll have a lot to think about as far as a general summer festival theme goes, so more nominations to come later.
      Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-05-2016, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
        Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Ep.12 "If This Feeling Isn't Love, Then There Is No Love In The World" Poor Chiyo.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless Ep.10 "Tanaka-kun's Summer Another recent one, though fantastic all because of Miyano's yukata dilemma. :D
        Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
        The Devil Is a Part-Timer!, ep. 9 "The Hero Experiences a Fray"
        Having other people list stuff makes it easy. But there are a lot out there, so I'll have think on them more.
        Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
          The One With the Goldfish
          I guess that is a reference to kingyo-sukui (goldfish-scooping). ^_^

Speaking of kingyo-sukui, Ōtani Noriko wrote and illustrated a manga about goldfish-scooping.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post

Speaking of kingyo-sukui, Ōtani Noriko wrote and illustrated a manga about goldfish-scooping.
            Ha! That is both hilarious and fascinating. Awesome.

Comment

First, the Tanabata episode.

Hidamari Sketch x 365, epiaode 12, July 7th, No Peeking.
              The weather in this episode is a metaphor for the mood between Sae and Hiro. But in typical Hidamari Sketch fashion, the two apologize and then the yuri is turned up to 11. The four residents celebrate Tanabata, and Sae and Hiro get closer and closer.

Hidamari Sketch season 1, August 21st, Japan’s Summer

Skip the first 2/3rds of the episode on how the apartments got its current sign. We’ll go right ahead to Miyako’s quest for candy at the local festival. Lacking a yukata, Hiro lends one from her childhood that’s a bit short on length. The episode end it with a surprise fireworks show for the girls.

Free! Episode 9 Hesitant Loosen Up!

Iwatobi has qualified to their regional in the 4 x 100 medley. Rin is still dealing with his emotions seeing his former teammates swim without him. The highlight is Rei going into full detective mode trailing Rin, unexpectedly funny until Rin ends up at the Elementary school.

Wait, Nagisa has a pink cell phone?

Waiting in the Summer, Episode 8, Senpai’s Pinch

In the last survey, the two Okinawa episodes weren’t nominated! Well, here’s the nomination this series deserves! Filming has moved to special effects and Tetsuro’s models. Meanwhile, the game of love plays on, pursuit and tension continue. The highlight is Ichika experiencing her first matsuri. Of course, this episode takes a major turn as everyone finds out that there’s more to Ichika being a foreign exchange student.

Sketchbook Full Color’s, Episode 3, Ao’s concerns

The first part of the episode is what’s going on in Sora’s mind. I’d like to watch more, but the episode has to move on. Sora’s festival experience almost starts with vomit, but fortunetly, she gets to go. The Ryo and Fu manzai segment was freaking awesome! All characters experience the festival in their own way, and Sora tries to preserve the fireworks in her Sketchbook.

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post

Goldfish saving? That Sketchbook episode taught me that language pun.
              Last edited by Hrld; 07-05-2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Since I'm getting it stuck in my head thanks to ReLIFE, I'll offer this as the theme song for the thread. Anyway, after thinking them over I've finalized the remaining nominations:

Sound of the Sky, ep. 7 "The Song of Cicadas - Spirits Down the River": Getting one in for another traditional summer festival, Obon, or at least its adaptation for this setting. One of the most memorable episodes period for me (not just for this topic)
                K-On!! (Season 2), ep. 13 "Late Summer Postcard!": One of my favorite Azusa-centric episodes. So delightfully surreal, and covers a wide range of the show's best notes from hilarious to adorable to touching.
                Say "I love you", ep. 12 "I'll Protect You": This summer festival served as a great stopping point for the series. Mei getting her mom's support was so sweet.
                Sound! Euphonium, ep. 8 "Festival Triangle": Another memorable summer festival episode from KyoAni, with some beautiful moments.

There's just too many... have a number of runner-ups after the official nominations, so might as well mention them:
                Tenchi Muyo! Manatsu no Eve: Startica!!! The main theme is a Juraian summer festival that's like a cross between Tanabata and Christmas, and the movie itself mostly takes place during the summer.
                Strawberry Marshmallow, ep 8 "Festival": Miu's antics are always fun, but they're particularly memorable here, like the recurring gag with the stallkeepers getting rings thrown on them.
                Cardcaptor Sakura, ep. 18 "Sakura, Yukito, and the Summer Festival": Cardcaptor Sakura really seems to have a good episode for almost any theme. Some fun moments in this one, and Yamazaki is here to enlighten us (hehe...) on some of the cultural aspects too.
                And likely many more I'm forgetting or overlooking (no doubt some will be nominated and may make my voting choice harder)

Comment

My inclusions to the list:

-Acchi Kocchi Ep. 8: Summer Homework ⇔ Summer Festival. (With a list title like "The One With the Goldfish", I had to mention an episode that has one of the most memorable takes of the fish-scooping game IMO. WARNING: May not be suitable for those with diabetes, especially with Tsumiki and Hime at the end of the episode).

-Wakaba Girl Ep. 7: A Sniper, By Any Chance?.
                  Last edited by TnAdct1; 07-06-2016, 12:15 PM.
                  Joseph Klemm
                  "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                  Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                  Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                  Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Seeing that I had so much going through my mind this weekend with AX, summer season premieres, and family activities that I completely forgot that this has gone back to being a weekly thing and not biweekly as it was before. Only the CCS episode was nominated and while I had some more to nominate, some of the ones already nominated are ones I will vote for, so it's all good.

Anyway, for this week's topic, I have to do some brainstorming. But in the meantime, here are two episodes that I'll go ahead and put in nominations for.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ep. 7: Begging The Heavens
                    As I said in last week's discussion, there was one show with a summer festival episode that specifically happens during Tanabata you would least expect to happen in during the spring 2016 season. With this show being about the potential extinction of humankind, Tetsuro Araki still manages to slip in an episode where everybody takes a break from all the doom and gloom about survival for a day of relaxation and celebration as a morale booster for the journey. That was a nicely done episode managing to hit the right notes seeing that something like this contradicts the intense atmosphere of the show.

Tokyo Ravens ep. 20: Overcry ~Fireworks~
                    This is a fireworks festival episode, but while the fireworks show is going on, a huge battle breaks out leading to the biggest game-changing event of the show. I'll just say that what happens here will really leave quite an emotional impact seeing that everything is starting to come together after lots of questions were raised about what the Raven Coat is all about.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                      Only the CCS episode was nominated and while I had some more to nominate, some of the ones already nominated are ones I will vote for, so it's all good.
                      It's not nominated, by the way, if you're thinking of my post. It was just a mention since I'm all out of nominations.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                        Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                        Only the CCS episode was nominated and while I had some more to nominate, some of the ones already nominated are ones I will vote for, so it's all good.
                        It's not nominated, by the way, if you're thinking of my post. It was just a mention since I'm all out of nominations.
                        I was talking about last week's nominations. What I was saying is that I did put in a nomination for the CCS beach episode for last week's anime list project, and that was the only nomination I ended up putting in as I totally forgot that this thing had shifted back to a weekly thing instead of a biweekly thing that it was for the last few anime list projects. Seeing that I was quite distracted by other things that I didn't notice. Anyway, that CCS summer festival episode is under consideration for one of my remaining nominations, but I wanted to get those two out there seeing that these are episodes that are unlike the typical summer festival ones.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                        Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Hrld View Post
                          Goldfish saving? That Sketchbook episode taught me that language pun.
                          Oh, Sora's rescuing goldfish? Yes, that is wordplay on kingyo sukui (goldfish-scooping) and kingyo sukui (goldfish saving).

Again, speaking of kingyo-sukui, when he was in a slump, artist Fukahori Riusuke got inspiration from a goldfish, and he calls the inspiration kingyo sukui (lit. goldfish salvation).
                          Fukahori Riusuke draws photorealistic '3D' pictures of goldfish.

https://www.artsy.net/artist/riusuke-fukahori
                          http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/1...sin-paintings/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjADgbPPGV0
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg_7bCUzX00
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttlQaSKzFM

http://goldfishsalvation.com/

Comment

Have to do these as they come to me for once:

Yurumates3Dei, ep. 5: Tanabata Festival Rain or Shine. A tanabata one first, and one of my favorite for the wish part of it, ending as most Yurumates episodes end: a wild party and hangovers.

Comment

Right in the middle of the new season here, but nominations for Summer Festivals remain open through the weekend! (Plus the poll at top!)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X