X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamada2
    replied
    Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Even Excalibaaaah wasn't enough to kill all those muck heroic spirits so Tanaka lends a hand quite literally lol. The animation on Illya going towards the source of all the muck was cool. And Erica grows up quite fast. She instantly turns from a loli into a full grown bishoujo.

Before leaving, Gil tells Julian that one Holy Grail isn't enough to fulfill his dream so he'd need another one to "save the world". And he realizes this when Erica is unable to open up whatever she was to open. And they also realize who Tanaka really is, some force or something sent to defeat the counterfeiters. And somehow it appears that Julian knows that Illya is also a Holy Grail vessel because in the end he says that he will use Illya and Miyu. When did he know this?

And then they all go to the Emiya household of this parallel world which happens to be a big mansion. Lol Tanaka's hand going wild and touching weird places. We get some of the usual comedy here which was missing for the past couple of episodes. And Miyu goes into imouto mode lol. Illya gets to see a side of Miyu unknown to her before.

This season was quite good. Better than the previous seasons although it had the most disappointing episode ever in terms of visual quality. Liked all that Gilgamesh time. That bastard sure was a mysterious kid who never really showed his true self or much of anything he knew. He knew a lot of stuff but never told everything. Illya had to make a big decision of whether to save the world or her friend and she showed her little childish selfishness which is perfectly normal for a loli her age. What I got out of this part was that Illya's reason for wanting to save Miyu and the world, i.e wanting everything, was simply her selfishness as a llittle kid and nothing else. When someone else wants everything there is usually some big reason or whatever. Illya's desire to want to save everyone is the desire of a girl who has only had happiness so far and has been thrown into dangerous situations so she wants her happiness back. Or whatever. Anyway, this season had a more serious tone than the prequels mainly because the situation is also dangerous as Miyu has been kidnapped and is about to be used like a tool. We get to know more about Miyu here but it's still less and more should be revealed in the next arc. Can't wait for Fate/loli the Movie.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Lots of interesting stuff has yet to be told here, but nevertheless the objective of saving Miyu has been accomplished, and it's now onto saving the doomed world for the next season. While it hasn't been announced yet like it has been for previous seasons, it's only a matter of time before it happens.
    It looks like it's going to be a movie next, actually.
    Well that screws up the usual schedule of watching it as it comes out in Japan. Ugh, now that it's really gotten good, we can't keep it going.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Lots of interesting stuff has yet to be told here, but nevertheless the objective of saving Miyu has been accomplished, and it's now onto saving the doomed world for the next season. While it hasn't been announced yet like it has been for previous seasons, it's only a matter of time before it happens.
    It looks like it's going to be a movie next, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 12 (Finale)

Lend her a hand.

While Excalibur took care of those mucky servants, more of them just keep on spawning and Illya is drained of her mana. But in comes Tanaka throwing her hand to provide a sword for Illya and destroy the source of the muck. Shirou was killed using the last of his power to protect Illya and Kuro from Beatrice's blast, but he is revived by that red gem. So everybody goes to Shirou's house as their new base of operation where everybody takes a bath and then talk about what the next step is.

There were a good number of references here with the most obvious one being Shirou's revival with the use of that red gem as the same thing happened at the beginning of Fate/Stay Night. So it turns out that Tanaka is some sort of shapeshifting weapon, which explains her unusually high body temperature, and Erica has essentially replaced Miyu as the sacrificial lamb for the Holy Grail, but Julian now says he needs two meaning that he's going after Miyu. And even though this season was more story-focused, it didn't forget about the humor that is a huge part of this show as there were plenty of funny moments there at the end with Tanaka's hand and the animal PJs. Lots of interesting stuff has yet to be told here, but nevertheless the objective of saving Miyu has been accomplished, and it's now onto saving the doomed world for the next season. While it hasn't been announced yet like it has been for previous seasons, it's only a matter of time before it happens.

Overall, this season is by far the best of all of the Fate/Illya seasons as this show is very focused on the story, and it makes quite a difference as the story flows well and establishes itself much more naturally. The show introduces some very interesting characters and a conflict that leads to some psychological warfare that is really great to watch. That said, despite being the best season, there are some issues with the biggest one being that characters get introduced, but not really expanded, and in particular Tanaka seeing that she suddenly became irrelevant in the second half. While they can't get everybody in, at least there should have been more involvement. In any case, this season just takes things up a notch as while the crazy comedy was good in previous seasons, they did a nice job in limiting it so that the story never gets out of focus.

MAL Rating: ********--

Leave a comment:

• Library-chan
    replied
    Re: Episode 11

It looks like gym uniform girl will show up next episode finally. I hope she kicks a whole lot of butt, or else I'll feel let down.

Leave a comment:

• Yamada2
    replied

So here we have Silver Link's version of Shiro vs Gilgamesh. I didn't really expect them to surpass ufotable or anything, but honestly, they could have done better here. This is the penultimate episode with tons of fighting, at least make this look good. They could have afforded to slack off somewhere else but at least not here.

The reason why Angelica was wary of Kuro was because of UBW, but Kuro doesn't know about that and Shiro here can't use it because he's probably too weak. Shiro here is about to turn into that white haired Archer and because of being next to the original heroic spirit, Kuro is able to fight in sync with Shiro and they defeat Angelica together. And then crazy yandere Sakura shows up to beat Shiro when he approaches Julian. Arrogant Gilgamesh-Miyu was cool. Need more of that arrogance. The Gilgamesh card doesn't need the magic stick because Gilgamesh doesn't need anyone's help because he's the nekoing King of Heroes.

Shiro and Angelica have fought each other before too and their positions were reversed back then. This could mean that time when Julian and co were attacking to steal Miyu as this time it is Shiro who is attacking. And Shiro probably lost back then which is why Angelica was saying that he knows he can't keep up with her. And what was this about Faker and Counterfeiter? I get the faker thing could be Shiro because he makes fake copies of everything with his Trace On thingy, but what about calling Angelica counterfeiter? Is it about the card thing where they mimic the actual heroic spirit with that card installing?

Saber Illya and Kuro have to fight all those heroic spirits while Rin tries to heal Shiro who just got blown away by Beatrice. And Illya ends the episode with an "Excalibaaaah".

And god damn Gilgamesh got his other half back after snatching it from Miyu just before Julian tries to take it out to destroy it. That bastard was just waiting for the perfect time to make his entry and get his card back. All that Gilgamesh badass arrogance. He showed Miyu and Angelica how arrogance and badassery is done right. Now the question is, will he grow up or will he remain a shota as a side-effect of being pushed out before properly reincarnating? Kuro better be careful because Gil is gonna kill her soon lol. Based on what Julian said, I'm guessing Gilgamesh has done some messing with things here before too. And Gilgamesh called Erica "The Mud Doll of Calamity" which means that there really is more to her than just being a mere loli. Gilgamesh said the right thing, Julian wants to save humanity, but right now someone looking on can't tell whether he's really a good guy or not. And that also probably means that the wish they have in mind for the Grail probably won't save humanity. And with that, Gilgamesh has seemingly taken a back seat, again, and will show up when he finds a good opportunity to butt in for his own interests. He now has no need to help Illya and friends because his mission of retrieving his card has been completed. For all he cares these guys could just die. And if he helps Illya, it would be for his own interests because Gilgamesh isn't exactly the kind of guy who would help people out of pure kindness because he's nekoing Gilgamesh after all, unless his time with Illya changed him which is highly unlikely based on this guy's ego. As if a mere loli would change him. He's just going to have fun seeing these people in their futile attempts to pursue their ideals and then reach the conclusion he thinks is obvious from the start. They didn't tell Gil's advice though. I wonder what advice he gave to those poor creatures.

Tanaka is still there somewhere as she had woken up last week. And she should be showing up at any moment. Gilgamesh showed up and then disappeared which means that Illya's gang has lost a very strong member who has been of great help all this time. Unless he really didn't disappear. It's up to Saber Illya to save the day then. She'll have to defeat Julian and deal with Erica too, after, of course, taking care of those heroic spirits out to get her and friends.

As an anime only viewer, I didn't really get any feeling that this was fast. I'm not sure how this would have fared with more episodes. It felt alright to me. Maybe they could have extended the fight with Angelica a bit and showed more of Gilgamesh Miyu in action against yandere Sakura, but I think this was fine as is. Of course it would have benefited from looking better but it's fine this way in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

For the first chunk of this episode, it's easy to forget that this is the magical girl spinoff of the Fate franchise at all. It just feels like another adaptation of the Shirou vs. Gilgamesh fight, albeit with the former having taken some damage prior and the latter having been gender-swapped. Appropriate that when Shirou does get help from reinforcements, it's Kuro as Fifth War Archer. But that's only the first of three versions of Gilgamesh we see just in this one episode, with the real thing promising to take back all that is his soon.

And even more suddenly than any other development thus far, it's Crazy Sakura as Fourth War Berserker! Damn. She kind of looks like Fifth War Rider like that.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 11

She's got plenty of supporters.

Shirou goes on the attack, and in his way is Angelica. With some help from Kuro, he finds a way to defeat her and the card she was using gets picked up by Miyu. Miyu uses the Gilgamesh card, but her mind starts getting controlled before Gil comes in to reclaim his other half. As Shirou confronts Julian, in comes Sakura using the Berserker card to fight Shirou. The situation becomes dire with Shirou hurt and the Heroic Spirit failures getting ready to unleash their Noble Phantasms with the only thing that can stop them is Illya using Excalibur.

Lots of stuff happen here, but nevertheless the action is great. Sakura's appearance sure came out of nowhere in more than one way, and once again this version of Shirou is very much the person that I have come to known being devoted to saving people and not giving a damn about himself. Things sure did intensify in a big way. One more episode left, and seeing that the manga for this saga is still going on that I would have to think that a fifth season will be announced after next week's episode. Let's see how things ends.

Leave a comment:

• Yamada2
    replied
    Re: Episode 10

So Gil and Bazette were arriving on the scene together with Kuro, but Kuro ran off on her own and got ahead of them, unless that was part of the plan which does seem so because they were communicating through Ruby. That was pretty cool seeing Gil chain up Angelica and then the two freeing Rin and Luvia. And Gil was badass as always with that invisibility hat which he got somehow even though he shouldn't be able to as per his own words. Angelica has access to the Gate of Babylon and has everything Gil has and Gil shouldn't have many things. But he could pull out the hat from the Gate even though Angelica is the one who put it there. If he could pull the hat out then why can't he pull out weapons from there? I don't really get how this Gate of Babylon works. He says he doesn't have access to the stuff Angelica has (weapons and stuff) and then he pulls out the invisibility hat Angelica put in there. Are there compartments in the Gate which are accessed differently or whatever and Gil has access to everything other than the weapons stash? Or maybe Gil is just fooling around and he can kill Angelica whenever he wants but is waiting for the Holy Grail to activate because he's a bastard in the end?

Miyu is rescued by Kuro who literally blows away the top of the tower. And Illya and Miyu embrace each other. The scene was touching and all, but that was hardly the time to be all lovey-dovey.

Illya goes Saber on Darius and then stabs him with the rule breaker which dispels the the magic over the whole castle. And Darius turns out to be dead all along and it was his son, Julian, who was pretending to be Darius. And Tanaka noticed this thing back then. And Tanaka has also awakened from her slumber. That scribbling on the wall was done by Tanaka or was it there from the start? Whatever the case, the mysterious floating cube poured its whatever on Erica which means that Erica is also someone like Miyu, as in made to serve some purpose.

And Gil frees Shero 2.0 from the dungeon. And he's here with his Trace On to settle the score with Julian. This Shero looks more badass than Illya's Shiro.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Re: Episode 10

So Julian is in fact the antagonist, and what an antagonist he is. Looks like it falls upon this world's Shirou to fight him, although I can't imagine he'll get very far, since the girls are the heroes in this show, and I'm sure he has many more seasons before he's taken down.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 10

For sister's sake...

Having decided to save both, Illya is cornered by Angelica, and is saved by the arrival of Gil and Bazett turning Rin and Luvia back to normal. Illya attacks the castle and uses the Rule Breaker to break the facade that is Darius Ainsworth to reveal that he is actually his son, Julian. With his shaumaturgy broken, the castle turns into a mountain, and Julian unleashes an army of heroic spirits who failed to win the Holy Grail still around by their desire for it. Just when it looked like Miyu was going to join Julian, Illya tells her not to, and this world's Shirou shows up having been rescued by Gil.

Lots of things happened here as the facade that Julian put up has been broken by Caster's Noble Phantasm, and it turns out that saving the world was not exactly what Julian had in mind. But then the part where Shirou of this world is getting ready to fight has me eagerly anticipating the next episode when he shows what he can do.

Leave a comment:

• Yamada2
    replied
    Re: Episode 9

So the world is running out of magic and some weird particle is taking its place which is killing everything. The explanation of mana and these circuit thingies was pretty neat. The Ainsworths want to use the Grail to wish for the humans to be able to survive this kind of world. They can't use a magic using thing to create more magic so that's what they've decided. And Illya is forced to decide – she either saves Miyu and lets everyone die or lets Miyu die and save everyone. Poor loli has to make such a big decision.

And Kuro shows up basically saying "I couldn't care less about this world so f*** it. I'm taking Miyu home." Angelica was caught off guard by Kuro's arrival but Kuro couldn't do much. Angelica was probably wary of her because of UBW. Had Kuro unleashed UBW she could have stood a better chance against Angelica's Gate of Babylon. Speaking of that gate, just what has Gilgamesh stored in there? Angelica just pulled out a big ass wing like thing which burns away everything. What the neko was that thing? What was Gilgamesh anyway?

And I really fell for that trick by Illya when she saved Kuro. I really thought that Illya was hit and then she will be healed later on with Gil or Bazette coming for backup to save her or something (I was kinda expecting Gil or Bazette to show up at some point because Kuro was here so they should be nearby too. Unless they're on a different mission here). But then it turned out that Illya was the Fate/Zero Hassan assassin so naturally she has that decoy ability. Speaking of assassin, just where did Illya hide that card? It makes zero sense. Illya, after having her mind sent to the stuffed animal, had her clothes changed by Erica and/or Angelica. Having her clothes changed means that if she had the card hidden under her clothes it would have been revealed or if the card was in her clothes she would have lost it. Unless she hid the card in her panties, it really doesn't make sense how she got the card. She could have swiped it from her clothes in Erica's room but they didn't show that even though they show small things like Tanaka peeking at Kuro and Illya kissing on the roof. But whatever. At least we got to see cute assassin Illya. Now to wait for berserker Illya.

Darius turns out to be an even more terrible person. Stop spanking that loli's butt dammit! He should be killed by Gilgamesh's Ea. That would teach him a lesson.

Kuro is doing what Emiya Kiritsugu did. Kiritsugu wanted to save everyone but couldn't and then came to realize that you can't save everyone. In this Fate/world, Kiritsugu decided to not try and save everyone since it would probably only end up in despair and he goes for the option of saving his daughter, Illya. Kuro has decided to do the same here and isn't planning on saving everyone but is only going to save Miyu. Illya on the other hand, is Kiritsugu's daughter so she has that "I'll save everyone" thing in her which is why she is planning on saving everyone. She doesn't know how she'll accomplish that, but that's what she has decided. Kuro will obviously support Illya's decision and it works for Miyu too so why not. Bazette will also support Illya and Gil obviously only cares about getting himself back.

Now we'll have to see what role Tanaka and those behind her play. They are against the Ainsworths and whatever they're doing so obviously they have an alternate plan to save the world and/or its inhabitants. Based on this explanation, Tanaka might seem like the bad guy and she can't defend her stance because she doesn't remember anything other than "kill the Ainsworths" just like Eren only knew "kill the titans".

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Re: Episode 9

Is it possible to have both?

Illya is faced with a choice to either save the world that she barely knows, or Miyu whose survival means the world dies. She was pretty convinced that saving the world was what she wanted to do, but in comes Kuro to let her know that she doesn't want a repeat of Kiritsugu's mistake, so she chooses Miyu. But after seeing Kuro and Angelica fight, Illya's answer is that she'll save everybody, both the world and Miyu.

And in the end, Illya goes with option 3, which is to go neither the Birthright nor the Conquest route, but with the Revelation route where she takes neither side and tries to find a way to maximize her long-term gain at the price of short-term pain. How very typical that answer was. But that was just about the only way she could have responded under the circumstances seeing that the fighting will go on if she picks one side or the other. Let's see how she goes about in fulfilling her decision.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Episode 9

Now that's an anime answer! None of the cruel cynicism that crushed Kiritsugu's hopes and dreams with reality in the real story, I'm sure.

And whoa, I just realized that this season is getting a full 12 episodes, so the next episode will in fact not be the finale that obviously won't conclude enough and will end with an announcement of a fourth season. Good to know that they'll be able to get a bit further, now that there's a season that deserves it.

Leave a comment:

• Yamada2
    replied
    Re: Episode 8

Episode 8

So Illya, after fighting with Rin and Luvia and then getting torn apart, literally, gets her body back. And then she fights Angelica, Luvia and Rin. That's pretty unfair since she's just one loli against three bishoujos.

And they discover the reason behind the Ainsworths wanting the Holy Grail. They want to save this dying parallel world and the Holy Grail will do that for them. Their story has some truth since obviously this parallel world doesn't look normal and Gil is also telling the same story. In this world, the Ainsworths are becoming the heroes and Illya and friends opposing them are the villains. Illya and friends are given a difficult choice to make – they either save Miyu and let the world die, or they don't save Miyu and let the Ainsworths fix the world. These are the only choices because there's really nothing else that can be done. They don't have another Holy Grail to give them since Illya isn't the Grail (or she might give herself up, Idk) and the one in the mountains was used up with Gil reincarnating. The world really is dying but whether the Ainsworths are really planning on saving the world is questionable because obviously Darius doesn't look like he is planning on becoming a hero.

Based on this story, Tanaka could be the ones responsible for the state this world is in. But that's a bit unlikely so Tanaka could be part of some other strong magic family who knows that the Ainsworths are upto no good and they want to stop them. But then what will happen about this dying world then? They would then probably have some alternative method.

Another thing was that Illya was pissed at the Ainsworths for treating humans like tools – Miyu is no more than a tool and Illya was also being treated the same. But then Angelica brought up a pretty good point. They were using humans like tools to reach their goals, but isn't Illya doing the same thing by using those heroic spirits to achieve her goal? She was using Saber and the other spirits as tools without their consent even though they were once humans too. With this, and with their supposed mission to save the world being told, Illya is being forced to question her actions as to whether she's doing the right thing or not, whether she really is a good guy or if there's no difference between her and the bad guys. This is interesting.

Based on the next episode preview, Illya will cosplay as a cute assassin and she will have second thoughts about saving Miyu but Kuro will be determined to save Miyu no matter what probably because "f*** this world". Now all that will be left after the next episode would be for Illya to cosplay as berserker, although, based on the cosplaying so far in this series, I wonder how they would make berserker Illya cute. They can't beat the sexiness of caster Illya, that's for sure. Interesting. The other stuff is interesting too...

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X