Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!! Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 5

Much less fanservice than I expected from that preview. In fact, it's a very important episode. We have our main villain!
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Beware of wandering lolis.

With the school being so cold, Kuro lights up a stove that was suspiciously left at the school with oil to warm the place. Then Illya goes outside and finds a little girl named Erica had wandered into the school. Seeing that they are all dirty that everybody takes a bath at the school's rooftop onsen. Then Erica's father comes to get her and that triggers an alarm as it turns out that her father is Darius Ainsworth as Illya recognizes his voice.

Every season has had a fanservice episode as far as I can recall, and while there is that here, it was pretty tame. The girls just had a quick bath and conversation as the episode focuses on introducing Erica, who appears to be like any ordinary girl but she is an enemy. In a situation like this, it would just feel out of place to have it go to the extreme with it. Anyway, things are getting really dicey seeing that the Ainsworths now know where they are setting up shop and instead of coming to them as Illya and company were planning to do, the opposite happens.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 5

So they all have different information on what happened to result in the formation of that crater. Kotomine told Illya that it was a gas explosion while someone told Kuro that it was due to a meteor falling. And then they look towards Gil for answers lol. That bastard knows a lot of things but there's no fun in telling them everything he knows.

Lol Erica's introduction. She wasn't stuck on the wall, she didn't need help getting down, she didn't need directions to the toilet, she didn't wet herself, she didn't get soap in her eyes. Lol that loli. Illya sure was annoyed. And that sure was a weird way to introduce her to Kuro lol. "She's a girl who wet herself in front of me" lol. Lol "isolated shower".

And there really is a hot spring noble phantasm? Gotta love that Gate of Babylon. Gil has a lot of useful stuff there, from weapons to clothes to hot springs.

Tanaka doesn't remember anything prior to falling on Illya apart from knowing that she just has to destroy the Ainsworths no matter what. And then she proceeds to kiss Illya out of the blue. Illya sure is in demand here. First Kuro and now Tanaka is after her lips.

And then Erica's father comes to school to pick up his daughter. And Sapphire manages to get through to Ruby and warns them that Darius is coming to town. But her warning was a bit too late as the tape holding the barrier up lost some of its stickiness and he entered in that time. And now that bastard will be fighting the lolis and Bazette and Tanaka because Gil is a bastard who just has to disappear when he's needed the most.
        And by the looks of it, he'll be giving the girls a tough time. I mean, Saber Illya is down after getting beat in the next episode preview. And that guy looks a bit disturbing with how he was looking at Miyu.
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 6

So Darius seems to have another form as a young guy. That was the most interesting part to me, just a brief flash as he was walking away with Erica. I wonder how quickly they'll get to that subject, because that kind of tease makes it seem pretty important.

Not sure what to make of that preview.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 6

Giving the cold shoulder.

Darius attacks Illya with an ice dome, and Illya is about to freeze to death and suffer from oxygen deprivation until Tanaka comes in and uses her blazing-hot body temperature to melt it away. Illya attacks them, but she is denied with Erica delivering a harsh message that she's a liar. Back at the mansion, the painful ritual involving Miyu is performed. Then Illya runs away leaving her class cards behind.

Things just fell apart for Illya there, and what Erica said hits her quite hard. Not to mention, what Miyu is going through is pretty painful, and it remains to be seen what exactly Darius is trying to accomplish through that ritual. And then there's the mystery about who Tanaka is seeing that only she could break through the ice dome, and doing so using only her body. I wonder what Illya is up to given the way this episode ended.
            Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 6

So Darius is super strong and is no easy person to defeat which is why Miyu believes that saving her is near impossible. But since Illya is the same loli who defeated Gilgamesh who just took in the Holy Grail and was also incredibly strong, Miyu is inclined to think that she might be saved.

Darius is the one who started the Holy Grail War here and he made those hero summoning cards. Along with that he has noble phantasm like things with him. One thing already determined in the last episode was that noble phantasms aren't only swords or spears or chains, they can be other things too as the onsen was because of a noble phantasm. Darius having noble phantasms Gil doesn't know about either means that they were obscure ones which didn't catch Gilgamesh's attention and Darius modified them or something, or that Darius made noble phantasm like things which aren't noble phantasms, but are very similar, just like Bazette's weapon which pierces the heart when the opponent is using his/her strongest move.

And Tanaka is pretty mysterious even now. She's hot. Not the "sekushi" hot, but the "hyperthermia" hot. And she said "Counterfeiter" which could mean that either she has a power to make copies of some ability or something, or neutralize that ability by doing something exactly opposite, or that Darius is a counterfeiter i.e he makes replicas of stuff, much like Kuro (Archer), or maybe, that wasn't really Darius at all and was some imitation or something because while leaving he changed shape and turned into someone looking like a highschooler, and that person is a counterfeit whom we see in the end of the opening sequence right before Illya is using Excalibur. We see Darius and that high school like person in the opening sequence which is making me inclined to believe that they are two different people. (Or maybe that is Darius' power after all, making replicas or imitations.) I doubt Tanaka's power is only being hot because I don't think she can survive Thor's hammer and not be injured by just being a little too warm. Or maybe her being hot is because she's fired up lol. Tanaka seems to remember stuff when she's with the Ainsworths.

And Erica seems to be a nice girl, but she's an enemy so she's bad. But she seems to genuinely care about Miyu and she did kinda like Illya. And Miyu has taken a bit of a liking to her. And that ritual or whatever which was going on with Miyu on the stone slab or whatever, started off looking like she was about to be raped by Darius lol. And it seems that those stiff coming on the big slabs are Miyu's memories because they had "Illya" written there. And that's probably how Darius came to know all about those around Illya.

And Gil was busy eating mapo while the girls were getting their butts kicked by Darius lol. They really did a good job in showing how overpowered Darius is. Illya will have to come up with a plan to defeat this creepy strong guy if she wants to save Miyu. And Illya has gone off to somewhere in the rain while everyone was sleeping. Is she going to be turned into a stuffed toy or something? Or did she leave that stuffed toy in her place? What was with that next episode preview?

Comment

Episode 7

She's all stuffed up.

As it turns out, Illya was kidnapped and her soul was transferred into a bear plushie while a substitute soul was placed into Illya's body. Illya manages to move, but she gets captured by Beatrice and it turns out that she has so much love for some guy named Julian that her room is decorated with pictures of him. She was about to rip Illya's head off until Rin and Luvia come in to clean out the trash. But just as Illya is starting to let them know that it is her inside, she realizes that they too had their souls transferred out. Illya escapes to the attic and finds Sapphire, but now Rin and Luvia are coming up to attack her.

I knew that something ominous was up, and it was quite funny to see Illya trying to make sense of everything in the body of that plushie. But it turns out aht she's not the first person to have this soul exchange spell performed on as the real Rin and Luvia are somewhere else and the ones in their bodies are serving as their housemaids. And Illya's magical girl form in that plush is really funny. Anyway, it looks like some big truth is going to be revealed, which explains why Miyu was being put through that ritual.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Okay, so that preview wasn't so random after all. It's a tough position for Illya to be in, but as a magical girl, at least she can break all logic and manage to do whatever she wants. The most frightening thing about her predicament is that it results in her seeing something that she really didn't want to see, a very different side of Beako. We don't know who Julian is, do we?
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Lol this episode was so weird and so good. Illya gets kidnapped because Erika wanted Miyu to be with Illya because they can't let it be the other way around. But Angelica couldn't brainwash Illya. So, they stuff Illya's mind in a teddy bear and give Miyu Illya's body. Like hell she'd want to be with an empty body with no mind. And Erica didn't know what was up with Miyu. Lol Body onee-chan and Mind onee-chan.

And Illya saw a whole new world during her short stay at the Ainsworth residence. Beatrice turns out to be madly in love with the foul mouthed Julian. And Illya saw stuff she never imagined she would. Beatrice under the blanket on a Julian bedsheet was totally unexpected lol. And this Julian guy is probably the same person we see in the OP before Illya uses Excalibur and who we saw in the previous episode as Darius was leaving. Either Darius is Julian, as in Darius takes that form or something, or Julian is Darius. And there's this ponytail girl too who is with Julian in the OP. Rin and Luvia show up as useless maids lol. Everyone was sent to this parallel world. Rin and Luvia probably arrived not long after Angelica, Beatrice and Miyu so they got caught quickly and stuffed into toys with their bodies being used as maids. And Illya meets up with Sapphire and she turns into a magical stuffed bear girl lol. Poisons and traps weren't doing anything so Angelica decided to exterminate them by using the Gate of Babylon lol. She is going to use all those noble phantasms to kill those pests and make sure they stay dead.

And look at that bastard Gil in bed like the nekoing royalty he is. Lol he'd kill Kuro first thing after he grows up. Gil knows a little too much which is why Kuro and Bazette go to him to find out what could have happened to Illya. And next episode will have him being badass again with something about them being the villains. What does this kid have in mind? And what do the Ainsworths want? And we'll have Angelica fighting a magical stuffed bear girl. And Erica will be on top of Illya's body with a pair of scissors. Little kids shouldn't play with scissors.

Comment

Episode 8

To save the world, people must become tools.

Being pursued by Rin and Luvia and unable to use any strong magic, Illya runs away, and then falls into Erica's room where she sees that mark on her body. She hits that mark and returns to her original body as the plush gets cut up. And then a battle begins, but she is unable to do anything in a three-on-one battle against Angelica, and then the truth is explained. Miyu is being turned into the Holy Grail to save it.

That was quite a big reveal there, to think that the enemy is the hero of justice here and that saving Miyu would brand Illya and company as villains for letting this world collapse to ruin. Now that everybody knows this, it will be interesting to see how they will proceed. That was pretty amusing to see just how weak Illya is as a plushie, but of course a blast the size of a pebble is enough in this situation.

Comment

Re: Episode 8

It took almost four seasons to get to it, but we finally get the truth of the story. With that out in the open, this needs to continue on more than ever, so I really can't see 3rei! being less than four seasons itself unless it stops being successful enough to keep making more. I definitely hope that doesn't happen, now that it's actually a perfectly solid series after all this time.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Knowing anime, Illya will probably be "I can save the world and Miyu, so just watch!" But I wonder where indestructible girl fits into all this. Maybe the Ainsworths are full of **** and want to the rule the world, not save it.
                          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 8

So Illya, after fighting with Rin and Luvia and then getting torn apart, literally, gets her body back. And then she fights Angelica, Luvia and Rin. That's pretty unfair since she's just one loli against three bishoujos.

And they discover the reason behind the Ainsworths wanting the Holy Grail. They want to save this dying parallel world and the Holy Grail will do that for them. Their story has some truth since obviously this parallel world doesn't look normal and Gil is also telling the same story. In this world, the Ainsworths are becoming the heroes and Illya and friends opposing them are the villains. Illya and friends are given a difficult choice to make – they either save Miyu and let the world die, or they don't save Miyu and let the Ainsworths fix the world. These are the only choices because there's really nothing else that can be done. They don't have another Holy Grail to give them since Illya isn't the Grail (or she might give herself up, Idk) and the one in the mountains was used up with Gil reincarnating. The world really is dying but whether the Ainsworths are really planning on saving the world is questionable because obviously Darius doesn't look like he is planning on becoming a hero.

Based on this story, Tanaka could be the ones responsible for the state this world is in. But that's a bit unlikely so Tanaka could be part of some other strong magic family who knows that the Ainsworths are upto no good and they want to stop them. But then what will happen about this dying world then? They would then probably have some alternative method.

Another thing was that Illya was pissed at the Ainsworths for treating humans like tools – Miyu is no more than a tool and Illya was also being treated the same. But then Angelica brought up a pretty good point. They were using humans like tools to reach their goals, but isn't Illya doing the same thing by using those heroic spirits to achieve her goal? She was using Saber and the other spirits as tools without their consent even though they were once humans too. With this, and with their supposed mission to save the world being told, Illya is being forced to question her actions as to whether she's doing the right thing or not, whether she really is a good guy or if there's no difference between her and the bad guys. This is interesting.

Based on the next episode preview, Illya will cosplay as a cute assassin and she will have second thoughts about saving Miyu but Kuro will be determined to save Miyu no matter what probably because "f*** this world". Now all that will be left after the next episode would be for Illya to cosplay as berserker, although, based on the cosplaying so far in this series, I wonder how they would make berserker Illya cute. They can't beat the sexiness of caster Illya, that's for sure. Interesting. The other stuff is interesting too...

Comment

Episode 9

Now that's an anime answer! None of the cruel cynicism that crushed Kiritsugu's hopes and dreams with reality in the real story, I'm sure.

And whoa, I just realized that this season is getting a full 12 episodes, so the next episode will in fact not be the finale that obviously won't conclude enough and will end with an announcement of a fourth season. Good to know that they'll be able to get a bit further, now that there's a season that deserves it.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 9

Is it possible to have both?

Illya is faced with a choice to either save the world that she barely knows, or Miyu whose survival means the world dies. She was pretty convinced that saving the world was what she wanted to do, but in comes Kuro to let her know that she doesn't want a repeat of Kiritsugu's mistake, so she chooses Miyu. But after seeing Kuro and Angelica fight, Illya's answer is that she'll save everybody, both the world and Miyu.

And in the end, Illya goes with option 3, which is to go neither the Birthright nor the Conquest route, but with the Revelation route where she takes neither side and tries to find a way to maximize her long-term gain at the price of short-term pain. How very typical that answer was. But that was just about the only way she could have responded under the circumstances seeing that the fighting will go on if she picks one side or the other. Let's see how she goes about in fulfilling her decision.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X