X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2016] Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Fate/kaleid liner プリズマ☆イリヤ 3rei!!

Illya is back for a fourth season, and after having quite a tough time dealing with the 8th class card, a new threat quickly emerges and their summer vacation quickly turns into a winter one as they go from the extreme heat to the extreme cold.

Airs: Wednesday, July 6

Studio: Silver Link

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Season 1 Discussion Thread
    2wei! Discussion Thread
    2wei! Herz Discussion Thread

"If only these times would last forever..."

Illya and gang have finished their battle against the heroic spirit residing in the eighth class card. They're back in vacation mode again, looking to make the most of what they have left of summer break. But their hopes get crushed in the blink of an eye.

An all-too-unrealistic silhouette appears before them when they go to investigate the strange event at Mount Enzou. After a short skirmish, the entire space ends up being warped. Illya wakes up in a wintry Fuyuki City... in a parallel world. This is the world where Miyu was born and raised.

"Protect everything that's dear to us." The magical girls start their fight to attain this normal-yet-grand wish.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 07-05-2016, 01:48 AM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

The town's frozen over.

Summer vacation is still on, but a huge distortion is coming out of Mt. Enzou. So everybody is on the case where they encounter Beatrice and Angelica as those two kidnap Miyu, while Illya wakes up in a town where it's snowing. The town is abandoned and her house isn't there, and she ends up meeting someone known only by the name Tanaka who only knows that the Ainsworth family is up to no good.

This season doesn't waste any time with all of that crazy going on about Illya's daily life at school and gets right into the serious stuff pretty quickly. Herz ended with a whimper, but things get back to what it does the best here, and that is such a great way to start things off. It will be interesting to see what exactly those two mysterious girls are and just what this Ainsworth family is up to that requires Miyu to be kidnapped. Not to mention this Tanaka person seeing that her body temperature is unusually high seeing that she's wearing only a t-shirt and bloomers in the snow and still has enough heat to warm up Illya.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I was thinking Sapphire sounded different, and then I remembered... It looks like Kakazu Yumi has taken over the role after Matsuki Miyu's passing.

Unlike the previous season, it looks like they're getting right to the story immediately. Looks like we're finally going to find out about Miyu's past. And Illya gets herself a strange new gym-uniformed ally(?), who seemed like she was going to be no help at all at first...

Comment

Re: Episode 1

So now we're onto the part of the series that has been running in the manga since before the anime began, and is still ongoing. No idea if there are any plans to end it or move onto another part (4ier, I guess?). Based on the chapter-to-episode ratio of the first two parts and three corresponding seasons, this could already support over three more ten-episode cours, so probably at least four by the time it's over. It will be interesting to see if there will really be that much of this anime.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Hah, started laughing as soon as I heard that very recognizable voice. Kirei the ramen shop owner... And he's just as merciless in that profession as he is as a villain in the main series. I've seen Kirei associate with mapo doufu for a very long time now, so must be one of those in-jokes for Fate franchise fans.

With Tanaka-san being as reliable as she is, Illya was in need of another ally. Interesting what she gets, with Gil now tagging along.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

There's something in the middle of the crater.

Illya is attacked by Beatrice, but she gets called back. While running around through the frozen town, Illya and Tanaka run into Kirei, who is a ramen restaurant owner. He cooks up not ramen, but a super-spicy mapo tofu dish, and Gil, with this being his good half, pays the bill. Illya, Tanaka, and Gil sneak into the Ainsworth castle at the center of the crater where Illya sees Shirou imprisoned and learns Miyu is his sister, and then Angelica attacks.

That was great to see Kirei show up there, and he's up to his usual shadiness, this time serving something that's not exactly ramen and is too hot to handle. Then there is Shirou, and that family sure is up to something evil seeing that even though Tanaka has amnesia, she is squarely focused on putting a stop to whatever scheme they have cooked up that requires Miyu for something. Even though this show is series is supposed to be more serious, they still managed to slip in those jokes from the Fate universe, and that was pretty funny.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Kirei has never been more evil.

Fortunately, they're saved by little Gil-kun, who will now be facing off against a Gil of a different kind.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

Now they know who they're up against.

While searching for Miyu, Gil finds that Angelica has stolen some of his power, and Illya goes off to the central tower only to find herself falling and fighting Beatrice. In the end, everybody retreats, but Beatrice is not about to let them go. But Darius calls off the attack while Kuro provides some long-distance support. Despite not being in the best of shape, Illya is itching to get back to the manor.

Angelica and Beatrice are quite fearsome there, and certainly everybody had their hands full. Now that the true enemy has appeared in Darius that it will be interesting to see what his deal is. In the meantime, Illya will have to do some heavy duty training with Kuro and Bazett seeing that she totally used Caster's power wrong.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Gil-kun is the the best Gil around. Even as a little kid, he's still one of the best characters when he starts really acting like the Gil we know.

And Tanaka operates on pure anime logic; her clothes can be completely obliterated, but her body will remain unharmed. Must be Saiki's work.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 1 + 2 + 3

So I just caught up with the Fate/loli series and I must say, this is better than I expected. The first season was the setting for the awesomeness of 2wei and 2wei Herz. I am really loving the world of this Fate show. Anyway, moving on to 3rei:

Miyu gets kidnapped by Angelica and Beatrice from the Ainsworth family, which is responsible for the Holy Grail War in a parallel world. Miyu is Illya of a parallel world after all, except in this world the Einzberns ended the war while in the parallel world the Ainsworths didn't and are continuing things with their cards replacing the summoning of Heroes the Einzberns had. And Illya gets transported to that world along with the other three. Lol she comes across an amnesiac girl in bloomers who only knows her mission to eliminate the Ainsworths and nothing else.

Lol in an alternate world, Kotomine Kirei sells ramen to make a living. Hilarious seeing an extremely dangerous guy selling ramen to little girls and then telling them to pay up with a menacing look.

And Gilgamesh is such a nice kid here, paying for Illya and Tanaka's meal and supplying them clothes, being nice to them in general, calling Illya "onee-chan" for whatever reason (Gilgamesh is WAY older than Illya), unlike his other self lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Illya falls for him lol. But he still has that awesome badass arrogance. They infiltrate the Ainsworth castle to save Miyu, meet her onii-san, but then run into first Angelica, then Beatrice. And Gilgamesh shows off his super cool badass arrogance. Gilgamesh isn't Gilgamesh unless he's arrogant and calls someone a mongrel. Even though his arsenal was almost empty, he still looked down on Angelica with that King of Heroes arrogance despite fully knowing that Angelica can defeat him if she makes good use of his arsenal.

And Illya coincidentally found Ruby among all that trash as the random thing she picked up turned out to be Ruby, what a coincidence. Although she should have suffered a lot of cuts since she fell down a hill metal which had broken swords and axes. Illya must be really lucky to survive that fall with no dangerous cuts and then even find Ruby nearby. But why did Ruby end up in the Ainsworth mansion? Could be that Angelica and Beatrice picked up Ruby seeing that it could be something useful but Ruby played like a stick and they couldn't make use of herso they discarded her. She inserts the caster card and becomes an advanced mahou shoujo. I don't want to sound like a lolicon, but Illya looked sexy in that caster outfit. Beatrice's hammer was a bit too much for Illya and they had to escape.

Kuro and Bazette also arrived in this world and help Illya, Gil and Tanaka escape. Tanaka possibly has some super strength ability she was able to withstand that hammer (her clothes didn't survive), so she should have some strong punches to go with that crazy strong body. That is, if she remembers her fighting skills.

And why does Miyu's onii-san sound like Shiro? And why does he even have an appearance seemingly awfully similar to Shiro? Since Miyu is the Illyasviel of this world, that onii-san could be the Shiro of this world. Which could mean that we could see a Rin and/or Luvia of this world too. The OP does show them in maid outfits, unless that's their disguise in this world. We already got an alternate Kotomine Kirei here so we could get more alternate versions here.

And now looks like Kuro and Illya will be fighting. And Gil will be enjoying seeing the two lolis fight lol.
                    My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 4

Sisters in class cards.

Illya wakes up at the school, and this world is explained to her. Bazett gives Illya the three class cards she was supposed to take to England seeing that the situation would be most ideal if she had them. On the rooftop, Kuro engages in a fight with Illya with her seal now removed so that she doesn't feel Illya's pain anymore. Illya equips the three class cards Bazett gave her in Lancer, Rider, and Saber, then the two kiss each other.

So after everything that happened, it's nice to step back and actually understand the magnitude of the situation. The fight was pretty good and it Illya has Excalibur to use when the situation calls for it. And of course, there's that kiss at the end to remind everybody that it is necessary in order to transfer mana. Next time, it will be a fanservice episode seeing that every season needs one, and even in a place like this, there is bound to be a hot springs place just waiting to be found.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

So now the complete party lineup from the OP has been assembled. Heh, when Tanaka got hungry I knew just who they were going to get food from. I loved seeing Gilgamesh pull out his sparkly gold cellphone. Kirei gets some good business with him.

And Kuro goes for some tough love with Illya to strengthen her. Makes sure to go really deep when they get to "love" part, since it's been so long for her. Pretty cool to see all of the different costumes, between Lancer, Rider, and Saber Lily, with Illya looking particularly gorgeous and/or badass in all the different new ones we've seen this season.

Looks like we're in for some fanservice next episode, but there may still be some story progression since apparently we'll be introduced to the new loli from the OP.

Comment

This is the only Thor in the Nasuverse, right? Interesting to see one.

Gil's gilded phone is fantastic. But of course; only the finest treasures for the King of Heroes. And who better to feed your party than Ramen Shop Owner Kirei?

Illya's Excalibur beats the other Illya's Excalibur, but the latter still wins in the end with her signature attack, possibly the most aggressive display of it ever.

Speaking of which... Next Time: fanservice, fanservice, fanservice, fanservice, fanservice, fanservice, fanservice, and fanservice.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                            This is the only Thor in the Nasuverse, right? Interesting to see one.
                            I was wondering about that, and apparently it is. There may end up being a Thor in Fate/Grand Order eventually with the way they keep adding to that.
                            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-27-2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

So we have everyone sitting in class with Kuro being the sensei. The desks are too small for Bazette, Tanaka is sleeping, and Gil is sitting with his legs on the table like some badass – rules don't apply to the King of Heroes. That's one weird class lol. They were all sent to the parallel world at the same time, but they landed here at different times which is why Illya was alone, Ruby was away from her despite being in her hand, and Bazette and Kuro weren't with her. And Bazette gives Illya her share of cards to use to defeat the hammer girl and the pseudo-Gil.

Illya inserts all three cards one after another without taking out any of them. Lancer Illya looks cool (and somewhat sekushi because of that long hair and of course the outfit itself). Saber Illya and Rider Illya were different from their Miyu counterparts. They were also probably different in strength too since Illya lacks mana after all. And then we had Kuro's sexy sneak attack. Best part was when Tanaka was looking at all this yuri action from the door. Someone has to see this and then proceed to misunderstand stuff. But there's no misunderstanding here...

Kuro wanted Illya to get strong like Miyu. Miyu never complained when she was in Illya's world even though she was basically in the same position Illya is in now. Illya is still determined as ever to save Miyu, but she isn't strong enough to bear all this without even complaining. And it's normal to be scared when there's no one in town and your enemy is freakishly strong. But to be worthy of calling themselves Miyu's friends, they must not complain about the position they're in because Miyu never did.

Gil reveals some stuff he knows to Bazette. The cards are basically there to fulfill the desires of the summoner against the hero's will. The heroes' powers are drawn here unlike in the Einzberns Holy Grail War which has a different summoning and everything. And Gil's full self has an ego level too high to be contained lol. The Ainsworths sure summoned the wrong guy as he ran away to get reincarnated with his own will unlike the other heroes they summoned.

And Kotomine shows up again to deliver ramen. Lol Illya hiding from it. And Gil throwing money around like it's nothing. Giving a freakin gold coin to pay for some ramen. Kotomine sure got the best customer he'll ever get in his entire life lol. And love Gil's sparkly golden phone.
                              My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X