Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 11

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
    Well, sure. Both series run in Kodansha's good! Afternoon.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
    Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Be careful when you scold.

Kouhei takes Tsumugi out for some okonomiyaki, but he scolded her too hard when she was throwing too many seasonings creating a scene at the restaurant. So he decides to make okonomiyaki at Kotori's restaurant and while she does something bad again, this time cooler heads prevail and all was well. It looked like Kotori's mother was going to be absent again with yet another last-minute call, but she finished work early this time and finally Kouhei and Tsumugi meet her. That certainly was a rather dramatic appearance, but in the end all is well. I especially liked it when Kouhei immediately realized that scolding Tsumugi is more trouble than it is worth, so in the end he is learning to be a better father through this. So with that, the meal is finished and while I'm up for seconds, for now I'm stuffed.

Overall, this show was a lot of fun to watch as the characters are fun, the cooking stuff is amusing, and the atmosphere is totally sweet and satisfying. It's a show that thrives on its relaxing and adventurous atmosphere while focusing on building bonds between friends and family. Given the setup of the show, it does everything it sets itself out to do. The biggest strike against this show is the repetitiveness as every episode pretty much follows the same formula with the only thing different being the meals and who shows up at the restaurant, all while there really isn't much upward movement in the characters. But in any case, it was quite a tasty treat in the end as its entertainment value is one of the highest of the season.

MAL Rating: ********--
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
      Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

After the way they started the episode, I thought they were going to make us cry with stuff about Mrs Inuzuka and whatnot. But they went in a different direction and didn't take that thing any further. Unless Tsumugi being a bit cranky was related to that, but I'm not sure about that.

Inuzuka has to keep Tsumugi in check that she doesn't do anything bad and if she makes mistakes or does something not good, she should be told that she didn't do something good. That was a nice talk between father and daughter after Tsumugi pissed off Yagi. And good thing that Kotori's mom came. This is her third sighting. Lol when she was wearing a school uniform under her coat.

This was a nice show. I liked how Tsumugi acted like a kid her age. Even though I didn't exactly find her cute or anything, they did a good job on Tsumugi. Me finding her dancing and whatever not cute or funny is actually a good thing lol. Inuzuka was a good father trying his best to make Tsumugi happy while also making sure not to spoil her too much. Overall a very good show.
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Oh, that was the end of it. Not the most notable finale, but it brings the theme of familial love to the story in a solid way while uniting the full group plus Kotori's mom for the first time, so that's an appropriate enough note to end it on.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Ha, wonderfully Japanese episode, with the apologies. Most fitting for the last meal to be okonomiyaki, something that can be made with many different ingredients, is improvisational, and most often a communal experience that can involve everyone. In other words, for every part of that: this group of people.

Delightful show. Filled just the right mood, and reminds that a thematic arc is every bit as satisfying as a story, or dramatic, arc. It's a little girl coming to terms with her mother's death, and her dad coming to terms with her, through food. It doesn't need to be more. (Count Kotori's parallel journey, less finished, coming to terms with her own mother's circumstances.)

And I'm always up for more like this--still need to get to Kotori's fear of knives, after all.
            Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
            Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
            Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X