X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2016] Days Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    デイズ

A sports anime show about two boys who are complete opposites of each other when it comes to soccer aptitude that are determined to play together on the pitch.

Airs: Saturday, July 2

Studio: Mappa

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The series is about two boys named Tsukushi and Jin. Tsukushi is a boy with no special talent or traits while Jin is considered a soccer genius. On one stormy night, Jin meets Tsukushi, and they get dragged into the world of soccer.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

It was painful, but it was fun.

Tsukushi is introduced to soccer by Kazama, and he just doesn't have what it takes to play the beautiful game. But even though he hurts himself like crazy, he finds it fun and will stop at nothing to get on the pitch. It didn't get off to the best of starts there seeing that Tsukushi's determination can come across as being mind-boggling, but it looks like it could be good. I'll see how things go now that the two MCs have been introduced to each other with Kazama knowing full well about the game, while Tsukushi is a complete beginner yet has his sights set on making the high school soccer club.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

At first I thought that Kazama was that super cool senpai who is graduating this year and wants to win. Turns out he's a first year and the school already has a good reputation and has probably been winning a lot recently. Tsukushi is quite the loser. He probably touched a football for the first time during that futsal match and now he's so interested in football that he wants to join the school's team despite being told that the training would be too tough for him. Lol he was getting beat up quite literally with the ball. But he was determined enough to win the game for his side. And that very determination is what is helping him carry on with football. Although it is questionable that he is doing so much for a game he just played for the first time the other day. I seriously doubt he's doing it to make Kazama happy or anything. It would be more understandable if he had played football before too but stopped for some reason and then was brought back into the game after a billion years and now wants to continue playing. But so far, he's been shown to have no past meeting with a football. Now Tsukushi will somehow join the team and become good enough to make it into the playing side.

The football action in the first couple of minutes was pretty cool. Tsukushi however, isn't that interesting a kid which isn't good because he's supposed to be the MC. The show will probably focus on him growing and helping his team solve their issues or something just by seeing his determination or whatever. Sayurin was kinda cute and this show needs more of her. But we won't get more of her because she's just the osananajimi and doesn't have a big role. She isn’t even Tsukushi's moral support so far.
      My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

I'm afraid this episode put me to sleep too much for me to continue. No amazing animation, either.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
          I'm afraid this episode put me to sleep too much for me to continue. No amazing animation, either.
          Well the proper way to pronounce the title for "Days" is to basically "Dayszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" so falling asleep is to be expected. Yeah this bored me quite a bit.
          "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
          Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 2

He's in the running.

Tsukushi just keeps on running and seeing that he is the reason why his teammates had to run so many extra laps that he took responsibility and did some pretty extreme conditioning there, and he shows off the fruits of his labor at the training camp when he went ahead of the pack. Great to see that Tsukushi took charge of things seeing that he has quite a long road ahead of him, longer than just about anyone else.

That was a better episode than last time, but even so I'm just not feeling it, and certainly it is not up to the standards from sports shows. So with that, I gave this show a yellow card last week, and I'm getting ready to hand out another yellow, which equals a red card, meaning that this show is sent off my watchlist. I only have room for one show with Days in it, and that one is 91 times better than this.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X