X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2016] B-Project Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    B-PROJECT~鼓動*アンビシャス~

A show about an idol unit that is full of dissonance and a manager who has been hired to oversee this group.

Airs: Saturday, July 2

Studio: A-1 Pictures

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The anime's story follows Tsubasa, a new hire in the A&R department of the major recording company Gandala Music. Tsubasa is immediately assigned to oversee the idol unit "B-PROJECT," which is made up of three idol groups: Kitakore, THRIVE, and MooNs. This is Tsubasa's first job, and she gets involved in various incidents and accidents as she deals with this group of young men who each have their own differing personalities.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Hear the dissonance.

It starts out with Tsubasa being hired into A&R, and it consists of an idol group that is so out of sync that their appearance at an upcoming festival got cancelled. And while Tsubasa knows squat about music, she was able to find out where exactly those boys aren't on the same page when it comes to their singing. Well, that was a pretty boring start there and it certainly was a bad thing to introduce everybody from the get go like that. I probably won't stay with this show, but I'll give it another episode or two before writing it off completely.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I liked this one! I like the character designs and I liked the focus on the actual production side, even though it didn't make for high-stakes drama. It's a bit hard to swallow when they open up throwing about 20 characters at you, but I liked the focus on just the two. Bland and non-threatening boys, but that's par for the course with a show like this. I'll stick around.

Comment

It's the type of show where how much I watch will depend on how heavy the season is. That being said among the guys I'd say Ryuuji was one of the better ones. At least I like his hair, I'd like it better on a girl. Target audience and all that.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
          That being said among the guys I'd say Ryuuji was one of the better ones. At least I like his hair, I'd like it better on a girl. Target audience and all that.
          Kept wondering throughout the OP if they really snuck a girl in there, but then he eventually shows his bare chest... :D Then he actually turned out to be rather moe in the show itself. Protag should go with him.

Comment

Not surprised this is the show Nishikawa produced...

Well it was obviously from the first moment that this wasn't going to be a show for me, so no big loss.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...