Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFP's Anime List Project #28: The One With the Swimsuits

Widgets Magazine
    Welcome to the 28th edition of The Fandom Post Anime List Project. Where TFP readers can suggest and vote on lists for a wide array of anime-related topics, sometimes relating to the current anime season.

The poll for the last topic, Favorite Episodic Workers, is above. Please select up to but no more than five (5) options! Voting on this poll is open through afternoon Sunday, July 3rd.

And the winners of the last poll, Best Karaoke Scenes:

4.) Amagi Brilliant Park, ep. 9
    4.) Azumanga Daioh, ep, 17
    4.) Cardcaptor Sakura, ep. 37
    3.) Hidamari Sketch, s1, ep. 4
    2.) YuruYuri, s2, ep. 8
    1.) Lucky Star, ED, ep. 5 ("Cha-la Head-cha-la")

And next: The Beach. Favorite beach-themed episodes, obviously. To kick off Summer stuff. By the way, for the purposes of this topic, "beach" refers to any recreational shoreline beside any body or course of water, including artificial ones, but not regular swimming pools. So think outside the bikini-box.

Please reply to this root post with up to five (5) nominations. Nominations are open through Saturday, July 2nd. (That's one week! ... Though reserving the right to push it back if need be. I'm anticipating a lot of picks for this and may want to run more than one poll.)

(If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well.)

Thanks!
    Udo Ayanokouji the 51st (Aria)
    5.00%
    Maki Matsumoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
    6.67%
    Convenience Store Clerk (The Devil is a Part-Timer!, ep. 7)
    1.67%
    Hikari Onozuka (Encouragement of Climb)
    5.00%
    Hina (Flying Witch)
    5.00%
    Totsuki Resort Service Staff (Food Wars!, ep. 13-14)
    6.67%
    Mesho-san (Fruits Basket, ep. 12)
    1.67%
    Mine Kuramae (Fruits Basket, ep. 20)
    1.67%
    Mi (Fruits Basket, ep. 9)
    1.67%
    Mecha Maintenance Crew (Godannar)
    1.67%
    Chiara Farrell (Grisaia)
    1.67%
    Takahiro (Is the order a rabbit?)
    5.00%
    Watanabe-san (Koufuku Graffiti)
    1.67%
    Smash and Lycopene (Log Horizon)
    5.00%
    Meito Anizawa (Lucky Star)
    0.00%
    Akiko (Miss Monochrome)
    3.33%
    Kouki Ichinose (My Love Story!!, ep. 23-24)
    1.67%
    Tamamura (Nichijou)
    3.33%
    Special Vehicles Maintenance Crew (Patlabor)
    6.67%
    Lingerie Saleswoman (Please Tell Me! Galko-chan)
    5.00%
    Waitress Who Can't Get the Order Right (Saekano)
    1.67%
    Kinue Yamashita (Sekkou Boys)
    1.67%
    Tomigaya (Shirobako)
    3.33%
    Store Owner (Strawberry Marshmallow, ep. 6)
    1.67%
    Saionji (Tanaka-kun is Always Listless)
    10.00%
    Black-Haired Girl with Red-Framed Glasses (Teekyu)
    1.67%
    Maya Matsumoto (Working!)
    8.33%
    The Lunch Lady (You're Under Arrest!)
    1.67%

The poll is expired.

Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
    Please Support The Fandom Post

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #28: The One With the Swimsuits

Maya Matsumoto for this week's poll.

For water-side fun, I nominate the episode in Acchi-Kocchi (Place to Place) ep 7 where they go to the mountains: Tsumiki casts her line and catches a large Mayoi then gets Io's head on her lap and finally some barbecue.

Comment

First one that came to mind: Hello! Kiniro Mosaic ep. 10.
      Joseph Klemm
      "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
      Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
      Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
      Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

I'd like to nominate these two:

You're Under Arrest! Special (Counted as episode 52 of Season 1), "Diverting Traffic at the Beach": Miyuki, Natsumi, Aoi & Yoriko are tasked to help a beachside town's police department work traffic control as folks go to & from the beach. After doing a rescue on the water & the arrest of a thief by Miyuki & Natsumi, by the end of the day all 4 of our favorite cops end up doing traffic control in their bathing suits (Much to the dismay of the Chief & Ken Nakajima watching on live TV back at Bokuto Precinct ).

Hyperdimension Neptunia TV, "The Paradise (Island) Forbidden...on which people will DO THINGS to other people and forget wardrobe malfunction because there might even be tonguing and it'll be like "Oh no, Neptune is so embarrassed~~"! The title kinda says it all, doesn't it? Actually, the CPUs & Nepgear investigate the island called R-18 and yes, fun on the beach is involved.
        Avatar: Apollo 11 Insignia (50th Anniversary of the Moon mission)
        FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
        Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

This is really going to take a lot of time to narrow down to standouts. There's one thing that's pretty much a certain nomination from me for a variety of reasons, though, so I'll nominate it right away:

Magic User's Club OVA, ep. 4 "The Sea, the Cave, and the Magic Party"

Comment

Oooh, Beach Episodes??

Hayate the Combat Butler!! OVA - Atsu ga natsui ze Mizugi-han
            Ah, the most-forgotten episode of Hayate, and also the one with all of the swimsuits. Can't hate an episode of Hayate with a cursed swimsuit. Is also the first appearance of a few characters who appeared later in S2.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Episode 3 - Summer Illusion of Steel
            Hijinx at the beach with Kaname & Sousuke, and a kidnapping that wasn't really a kidnapping?

Aria the Animation Episode 5 - To That Island Which Shouldn't Exist...
            In an entire show about messing around on the water, it should come as no surprise that there's an episode where they mess around on the beach. In a truly wonderful way that would easily get a "No sappy lines allowed" remark from Aika.

Angelic Layer Episoide 21 -Summertime at the Sea! Someone is in Love With Someone!
            It surprised me just how far into Angelic Layer this episode falls, but I remember it being a wonderful episode where much fun is had, but so much is revealed. It's a turning point and a perfect setup for the final few episodes run-in.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episodes 6 & 8 - Remote Island Syndrome
            I've gone with original broadcast order above, but regardless of having confusing numbers, and being a two-parter, the Remote Island Syndrome storyline of Haruhi was wonderful, not only for the on-beach fun, but also for the development of the Kyon/Haruhi relationship. It's one of the first real signs we get of Haruhi thinking about the consequences of what she wishes for. That, and the swimsuits are to die for!

(If only a single ep of haruhi is allowed, then Part 1 of Remote Island Syndrome!)
            Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
            Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
              In an entire show about messing around on the water, it should come as no surprise that there's an episode where they mess around on the beach. In a truly wonderful way that would easily get a "No sappy lines allowed" remark from Aika.
              I'll second this one automatically.

Have to think about further nominations to make.
              Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
              Scratchy for Tama is angry.
              Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                Oh man, I watched this episode not too long ago (I'm on the TV series now) & it slipped my mind when I posted my noms.
                Seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                  This gets a second from me as well. BTW, IIRC this is the episode where our favorite undines meet Grandma (The founder of Aria Company), right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                    This gets a second from me as well. BTW, IIRC this is the episode where our favorite undines meet Grandma (The founder of Aria Company), right?
                    Nah, that was ep9. This one was the one where Akari gets an invitation to Neverland, and she finds both Aika and Alice there, to do training in a beautiful bay, before having fun swimming etc
                    Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
                    Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

I'll have to think about this a bit. One episode I will nominate is this:

Card Captor Sakura ep. 17 - Sakura's Scary Test of Courage

Disappearing students made for quite an adventure at the beach, and a great one at that.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                      Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Nah, that was ep9. This one was the one where Akari gets an invitation to Neverland, and she finds both Aika and Alice there, to do training in a beautiful bay, before having fun swimming etc
                        Ah, OK. I really need to rewatch this series sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                          (If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well.)
                          A topic suggestion in relation to the season/upcoming date. How about tanabata? (Wikipedia has an English article about tanabata.)
                          I'm not sure whether anime have many tanabata-related scenes/episodes to the level where they can form a List, however.
                          (Methinks Haruhi had a tanabata-related episode, if I remember correctly, though.)

Comment

No-Rin ep.9 "School Swim Trunks"
                            Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? Ep. 4 "Swimming and Plots?!"
                            Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Shorts Eps. 4-6
                            Tenchi Universe Ep.20 "No Need For Swimsuits"
                            Himouto! Umaru-chan Ep.12 "Umaru and Everyone"

Comment

I'd like to nominate these two:

You're Under Arrest! Special (Counted as episode 52 of Season 1), "Diverting Traffic at the Beach": Miyuki, Natsumi, Aoi & Yoriko are tasked to help a beachside town's police department work traffic control as folks go to & from the beach. After doing a rescue on the water & the arrest of a thief by Miyuki & Natsumi, by the end of the day all 4 of our favorite cops end up doing traffic control in their bathing suits (Much to the dismay of the Chief & Ken Nakajima watching on live TV back at Bokuto Precinct ).
                              Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                              This is really going to take a lot of time to narrow down to standouts. There's one thing that's pretty much a certain nomination from me for a variety of reasons, though, so I'll nominate it right away:

Two of my favs, absolutely.

I might second these late, but I'm going to have to dig deep myself on this one, find the missing gems.
                              Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                              Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                              Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X