X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2016] Big Order Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ビッグオーダー

From the same guy who did Future Diary comes a show about people fighting to the death to get their wish granted. This time, instead of using diaries that predict the future, these combatants are using powers based on what they are wishing for.

Airs: Friday, April 15

Studio: Asread

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Eiji Hoshimiya is an introverted high school student with a huge secret — he wished for the destruction of the world when he was younger. Fairies give certain people special powers called Orders. What Order Users can do with their power depends on their wishes. 10 years after the Great Destruction, Eiji struggles to come to terms with his immense power.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Be careful what you wish for.

Just like in Future Diary, the MC is an outcast of sorts, but unlike with Yukiteru, Eiji's reason for acting that way is somewhat legit as his sister is in the hospital while he was the one behind the great destruction disaster. As it turns out, his wish was not for world destruction, but for world domination to change the world according to his will. And then there is Rin, the Yuno of this show and unlike with her Future Diary counterpart, Rin kills because she's pissed off with her parents being killed in the destruction and she wants to get her revenge. Well, the story didn't get off to the best of starts, but at least the characters seem to be better and more interesting than Future Diary, which was the weakest part of that show. Anyway, I'll give it some more episodes before deciding what to do.
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Obviously nobody can see this show without instantly knowing what else the creator has done, and I'm pretty sure every image of it I've seen I thought was of Yukki until now, and indeed the characterizations and storytelling are extremely similar, but it's still very bizarre that the official site of the series is just a page on the Future Diary domain.

Anyway, if this is at all watchable, it is only barely so. I don't know if I'm going to attempt any more. Of course it's a story about the main character getting to gradually rule everything in the world based on no merit of his own. And of course he rapes his power into the first cute girl we're introduced to. I wouldn't expect anything less...
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This was interesting I guess. The world is full of people called Orders who can turn their desire or wish into a power. Eiji is an order who made the wish for world domination when he was a kid and now he has the ability to control people in an area and then use a summoned kind of creature to put anyone completely under his control. Somehow his wish resulted in the destruction of the world or most of it. A group of Orders is after him and Rin, the new transfer student, is after him. Her ability is regeneration and she can heal wounds and come back to life and such. And Eiji makes her his first target. The way he put her under control looked like he tentacle raped her into submission lol.

Eiji has an interesting power to put people under his control to do his bidding. That is cool. And the group after him called him the world's dictator which adds to the coolness. Eiji's gonna freakin take over the world.

But how did the wish for world domination lead to all that destruction? Did he have everyone kill themselves and wreak havoc or something?
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 2

Fit for a king.

That was quite a twist there at the end seeing that all of this stuff is just a test to see if Eiji is fit to rule what is now the independent nation of Kyushu. Rin's lust for revenge just took a huge blow when she couldn't kill Eiji thanks to Eiji's orders, and she tried to lead him to his death through all of those traps, but he ends up living through all of them while Rin dies and reincarnates so many times. Anyway, Eiji is doing all this for Sena, and now he has other Orders at his side to build a place where she can live, and seeing that word is now out that he's a wanted man that Eiji is taking charge. That was better than the first episode, but the story was still pretty weak. I'll give it one more episode before deciding whether or not this show is worth keeping or not seeing I didn't think of Future Diary that highly.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Lol those Rin failures. Hilarious stuff, in a rather wrong way... I mean, she's dying again and again.... not nice, but still funny.

So the league of Orders set things up so that Eiji comes to them and they use him to take over the world. He's just an excuse because I really don't see any reason for them to follow a high school kid. They wanted an excuse to wage war against the world to enforce their own ideals and stuff and Eiji is the perfect excuse since he was the one responsible for the big destruction and also has the ability to put people under his control. The story is that Eiji wants to take over the world and put the league of Orders under his control to help him. The guy who was talking too much obviously has a power which can somehow negate the effects of Eiji's power which is evidenced by his evil little smile in the end. And that will help him in disposing of Eiji once the mission is accomplished.

I'm interested in seeing whether Eiji will really go with their plans or do something else about this. And if he does go for world domination, how will he go about it. He'll have to eliminate the other leagues of Orders to conquer the world.

Comment

Yes, Rin 's backfiring attempts to kill him were amusing. Eiji isn't the sharpest tool in the shed either -- at least by the second or third time he should have added another compulsion to stop trying to harm him or his sister indirectly. Also, he never asked (on screen) whether Rin could cure his sister instead of just healing the sword cut.

Comment

Episode 3

Nothing is set in stone.

Eiji has to kill his comrades to stop a mad prime minister from killing their relatives, which he appears to do but only Rin dies, and his conquest is on with the Order who petrifies being the first target. He runs into trouble, but Iyo saves the day, and Eiji gets her pregnant by grasping her ribbon, and the Rock God Order appears. Well, that was just badly written there, and the reason why I didn't like Future Diary comes full circle as Eiji just irritates me. Not as bad as Yukiteru does, but that's not saying much.

So with that, this show is off to the drop zone seeing that I need to cut my watchlist.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Well, that was...different. lol Wonder what's going to come out...
                  @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

So Eiji is serious about taking over the world. He plans on using the Ten and having them search for a cure for his sister. But that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen any time soon since he's being used good by Hiiragi. So good that he's been sent to the front lines in their first attack.

And damn. Should the government really be using such tactics, brutally murdering people on live television? This is some messed up world. But Eiji shows that he's killing off his own underlings showing that a few deaths don't matter at all. He stopped the bullets before hitting the rest, but he shot Rin in the head lol.

And the hell was up with Iyo? She seriously got pregnant just because Eiji held her ribbons. That makes zero sense. And not just that, she is about to give birth just a few minutes later? This is some pretty weird neko. And she's giving birth when they're under attack by a giant rock monster which was lured in by Rin because she has to kill Eiji even at this crucial moment.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X