Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Leaves, Three Colors (Sansha Sanyou) Discussion Thread

三者三葉

A show about three girls with three very different personalities becoming friends and doing all sorts of crazy things

Airs: Sunday, April 10

Studio: Dogakobo

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Futaba Odagiri is the new transfer student with a super energetic personality; Teru Hayama is the class president with a surprisingly mean personality contrary to her innocent looks; and Youko Nishikawa is from a formerly rich, now extremely poor family who still holds on to her princess attitude. These three unlikely students with clashing personalities become good friends and survive the day-to-day teenage life in a very funny story.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.

• Library-chan
    replied
    Re: Episode 11

A cute ending to a lovely little series. They had to shove every character from the series into the finale, including Yoko's rich former(?) friend. Every character was enjoyable, the OP was great, Sonobe was best character.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Episode 12

That was a rather interestingly amusing "personality change" setup. It's not like we have particular characters being swapped, or that they're polar opposites. Rather they're just plain different, as if we have characters from a different 4koma show transplanted into this one. I love the sudden reveal at the end, and it all makes perfect sense because of it. :D

It really took a lot of Youko not to let her pride get the better of her (it wore her down immediately afterwards), but nice that she put up a respectable front with her run-in with her old friend (and cameos from a different manga by the same author).

Futaba doesn't need feminine charm to be one of the most adorable. She's even more so in her attempts at trying and failing at it, though, and just being relieved to be herself at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 11

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    Her method of sleeping is not only hilarious but convenient. From a distance, it probably looks to her customers like she's there watching over the shop when she's really in deep blissful sleep. Despite all of her oddities, I still felt a little bad for Shino not getting any chocolates in the end, though.
    Sonobe's cheeks glistening after that beauty sleep was pretty amusing. :D And yeah, she is a sad victim of not even receiving obligation chocolates...Poor Sonobe.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Episode 11

Heh, I was thinking the "cat event" Youko was talking about was more Teru's style before she even alluded to it herself. I like how their conversation on cats returning favors did eventually getting her to dream about it. Though it ends up shocking Teru a bit since it sounds like Bel is saying farewell (Teru and Her Cat...) So much Teru adorableness, and of course with cats involved, more sweet interactions with Nishiyama. Love how when it comes to adorable cats, those two ultimately don't even compete in the end. But the Teru-Nishiyama cuteness isn't limited to that subject this episode. I loved the bit where Nishiyama got complimented on her wearing the maid outfit in the end. Despite her reluctance, it seemed like she was really wanting that and not Kondou's blunt remarks. Though lest we forget her dark side, she has twisted Valentine's suggestions for Sakura's present for Yuu (and of course, Sakura herself being just as evil, is gleeful).

Futaba is always so moe over being banned. Poor girl can't help it, and now she feels really defeated with Tsuji brother rubbing it in (at least her sister tries to take him down a peg). Heh, and I love how Futaba's suggestion to be paid in cakes is immediately thrown aside by Shino. Obviously going to be much more expensive than just paying her the normal way. :D

Shino herself was hilarious how she tired herself out for the big day, not in actually preparing for it like a good shop owner but indulging in her hobbies by making a new maid outfit for Teru (and it only works for the unwilling for her: though I think I like the kakkokawaii uniform for Futaba better than I would like any maid outfit on her. Youko might be a different matter). Her method of sleeping is not only hilarious but convenient. From a distance, it probably looks to her customers like she's there watching over the shop when she's really in deep blissful sleep. Despite all of her oddities, I still felt a little bad for Shino not getting any chocolates in the end, though.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 10

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
    It would appear that Kou is demonic in at least one respect: her cooking. I'm not quite sure what seasoning or health ingredient can turn a person's complexion into the colors poor Yoko briefly passed through after tasting Kou's confection.

Funny thing though, Yoko's face looked content after that. :D This segment was too reminiscent to Jojo's (ep10). Essentially, the 'evil' food that was consumed, had major, catastrophic side effects. Ironically enough, it was actually beneficial in the end. At least Yoko seemed to feel that way

Leave a comment:

• Hitsugi Amachi
    replied
    Re: Episode 10

Though in this case the Christmas episode ended up doubling as Hayama's birthday. The fact that this "demon" is born on a "holy" day gets special notice. Poor Nishiyama. She blew her allowance money.
    Nishiyama's reaction to the news that Teru was born on Christmas was the funniest part of the episode. It basically destroyed a part of her worldview.

Next funniest was actually Yamaji's policing of Sonobe's stalker-cam antics.

Kou makes sure the occasion is memorable, at least, with one of her strangely glowing concoctions.
    It would appear that Kou is demonic in at least one respect: her cooking. I'm not quite sure what seasoning or health ingredient can turn a person's complexion into the colors poor Yoko briefly passed through after tasting Kou's confection.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Episode 10

Ah, another one of those episodes that would have been perfectly timed, if the show had aired (2) seasons ago. Though in this case the Christmas episode ended up doubling as Hayama's birthday. The fact that this "demon" is born on a "holy" day gets special notice. Poor Nishiyama. She blew her allowance money. Despite what she said afterwards, I think she would have wanted to get a present. Kou makes sure the occasion is memorable, at least, with one of her strangely glowing concoctions.

Youko helps with some baking, but it seems it only goes as far as measuring and sprinkling things. I love how she's so danged proud of that every time. But more fun is seeing her rather awkward introduction to the "pajama party". She doesn't really have the amenities at her place... But the do get to awaken to mama Futaba providing a special meal at least.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Episode 9

We've seen some of it before, like when they first stumbled across Sonobe's shop and it looked like a murder scene, but here we get some focus on one of Futaba's other big traits: being easily spooked. Funny how Sasame had a chance to get at her weak point, but instead she's considerate and offers a flashlight. By the time she realizes it's Futaba's weakness, it's too late to do anything. Do it in a regular well-lit setting and Sasame just comes off as cute.

As far as really scary things go... I had a feeling from the moment Youko went to Sonobe to help with her makeup that it was going be TOO effective. So much that it required a mosaic censor. Youko herself is so cheerful about it as she makes absolutely everyone flee in terror.

Nice to see a bit of a continuing bond with Teru and Nishiyama after the previous episode. Even though it's Teru exploiting Nishiyama's weakness to flattery to lighten her class rep duties for the festival... still a lot nice than them being at each other's throats.

Leave a comment:

• Library-chan
    replied
    Re: Episode 8

I really thought Teru and Hishiyama would become friends, but that was torpedoed. Also, damn Kondo, you tore right into Yoko.

Leave a comment:

• Hitsugi Amachi
    replied
    Re: Episode 8

There's "angelic" Kou again, singing a song that harkens people to afterlife. I like how with Youko's "life flashing before her eyes", one of the prominent images is her treating Yamaji like a dog while doing the ojousama laugh. As sweet as she is, she does have her devious side.
    That was pretty funny, seeing the "Evil ojousama" side of Yoko before she became poor.

And then there was Sonobe's summing up of Kondo. "Ah, Nishiyama's friend who has no tact." Yep, Kondo's personality is now known in full.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Episode 8

That really is Teru's one weakness: when it comes to cute animals, she lets her guard down even around Nishiyama. It was a nice episode, seeing them, even if trying to be reluctant as always, enjoy their interests together. Though ultimately Nishiyama still gets the Teru volcano to erupt, though she has to get at her harder than before. Still a sweet moment at the end after that, though, when Teru is touched by Nishiyama singing for her cat.

Futaba is so wonderful with her broom guitar antics. Her rivalry with the Sasame brother may be beneficial for her in a way that she doesn't realize: since he fails the challenges, he's helping balance out the costs to the store owners.

There's "angelic" Kou again, singing a song that harkens people to afterlife. I like how with Youko's "life flashing before her eyes", one of the prominent images is her treating Yamaji like a dog while doing the ojousama laugh. As sweet as she is, she does have her devious side.

And thinking of one of Youko's misunderstandings this episode, we come to Kondou. It was nice to have some focus on her as it feels like we haven't gotten to know her as much as some of the rest. So her real talent is in her tactlessness, but it's cute since she feels honest and genuine with it. She stirs things up in a fun way here, more in bringing the Nishiyama duo closer to the main three. Though Sasame is envious of Youko having "special" friendships aside from her. Kind of hope we get to see her opening up to more people eventually too.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Re: Episode 7

Pointing this out since I noticed it says "Nishiyama Serina" (as I would expect her name to be spelled) even though FUNi has decided to spell her name "Selina" for whatever odd reason in their subtitles. Besides that trivial note, though, it's always interesting hearing what the character songs sound like. I was curious about Machico's since she sung the OP to Konosuba.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied
    Re: Episode 7

Futaba seems nice, but when it comes to eating, she doesn't hold back, crushing her rival's feelings. Well, we see she does hold back later, but only to avoid the greater despair over getting banned from big eating challenges. No surprise she got blacklisted at some places.
    I was wondering if she'd ever be banned from those contests. :D Amusing they actually did something about that, much to her trauma though. But on the bright side, it gives an opportunity for Sasame's brother to surpass her, even if he really can't.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Episode 7

Futaba seems nice, but when it comes to eating, she doesn't hold back, crushing her rival's feelings. Well, we see she does hold back later, but only to avoid the greater despair over getting banned from big eating challenges. No surprise she got blacklisted at some places.

Etiquette is a big deal for Youko. Funny that becomes an issue with the full name shouting in this show. Despite the bumpy start with Sasame, though, I'm happy their desire for friendship with each other eventually won out and sweet to see Youko is not going to be picked last when it comes to pairing up. Hopefully she can make up with Futaba eventually too.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X