Three Leaves, Three Colors (Sansha Sanyou) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 2

I find it odd that there's pieces of the episode right smack in the middle the OP. Funi didn't translated the first episode's, but did the second one?

Anyway, looks like the maedo from the ED will be showing up in the next episode.
    Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

I noticed that they reveal Hayama's first name before they reveal it later in the episode. When the test results are posted, they display "Teru Hayama" very quickly.

Comment

Episode 3

Maid to order.

Here comes Sonobe, who used to work as Yoko's maid and has now opened up her own dessert shot. Despite looking like a kid, she is actually in her 30's. She's into cosplay, and she's surprisingly athletic. So after Yoko meets up with her again, she goes into the school to deliver her lunch while causing a lot of commotion in the process. Sonobe's quirkiness is really funny to see, but at the same time it can be hard to watch.

So with that, I guess I'll give it one more episode. I have too many cute girls doing cute things shows this season to choose from, and out of all of them (as far as the ones with standard-length episodes) I feel that this one has the least amount of entertainment value of these shows.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
        Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Hah. So enter Sonobe, Mary Poppins style. :D Yet, another cute and amusing episode. Loved Sonobe's realization her former employer now works under her, and that this role-reversal is quite the shocker. :D And Futuba's huge appetite never ceases to amaze. Pretty funny how she's able to sustain her gluttony by winning those eating contests. I would think the shop owner should've banned her by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
            Hah. So enter Sonobe, Mary Poppins style. :D Yet, another cute and amusing episode. Loved Sonobe's realization her former employer now works under her, and that this role-reversal is quite the shocker. :D
            Yeah, that was a nice touch there, even if it was given an entirely ominous spin by Yamaji.

Sonobe is about as odd as they comeā€¦and it works perfectly in this show.
            Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
            Scratchy for Tama is angry.
            Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Heh, they're all so used to Yamaji eavesdropping on them that they think he will come out and help them when they mention his name. But he actually wasn't there in this case. There was also that earlier moment of him checking the door was locked. Though it seems like the neighbors are well-informed despite how suspicious Yamaji looks doing this stuff.

I still love Futaba's over-the-top reactions to things, now with her being spooked at the way Shino was introduced. Though Futaba is going to have a fearsome reputation herself among owners of shops that run the "free meal if you eat this much" challenges.

Comment

And get we introduced to Sonobe, the meido character from the ED, and she comes Mary Poppin's style. And she's voiced by Satomi--woops, got that wrong. And another show where typhoons happen suddenly. Definitely my favorite show of the season. I hope we get a Futaba centric episode sometime soon.

Comment

Episode 4

Here's some food for thought.

This episode is all about childhood memories, relatives, and food. Yoko was as spoiled as she is allowed to be back when she had it all, and even though things have changed a great deal her arranged fiance Yu is still affectionate to the point where he brings her Wagyu beef. It's a shame she can't cook charring a premium cut of beef, but thankfully Futaba is an excellent cook. There's Futaba's cousin Sakura, who is aiming to be famous. And for Teru, she and Nishiyama are into cats. That was pretty nice to see everybody getting along like that.

So with that, the trial period is over, and seeing that this is the lowest of a strong field of cute girls doing cute things shows that this is probably all I'll be watching of this show. It's not that I think this is bad, it's just that I have too many other shows of this kind that I would rather watch than this and somewhere I need to cut back.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                  Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Haha, I love to see the flashbacks. We get a look at what like for Youko was like when she was still rich. She hung out with other rich girl friends, and they played... at being wives to rich men. Youko may be on a better life trajectory now that she isn't rich. I like how Youko's plan to go out to eat and talk about pointless things with her friends actually turned to a very meaningful, heartwarming exchange.

Speaking of life trajectory, it's kind of cute seeing how Sakura has it all planned out rather deviously. So many anime characters not sure of what they're going to do, and then we have her happily talking it out. And I figured Yuu was going to be part of those plans, as unwilling as he is. Poor Yamaji gets taken down rather brutally when she hears about his situation. And it was amusing that, after Futaba brought up Yamaji being like a dog in a first place, she was the one kind of perturbed when he actually kept fetching a stick.

Poor Futaba. Kept saying she could cook and her friends wouldn't believe her. But she is able to work her magic on Youko's wagyu beef. Happy to see her finally get her props as a more well-rounded foodist than her friends initially thought.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                      Haha, I love to see the flashbacks.
                      Funniest though was Hayama (Teru). We get to see the moment she completely gave in to being a fake while adhering internally to the Dark Side

Speaking of life trajectory, it's kind of cute seeing how Sakura has it all planned out rather deviously. So many anime characters not sure of what they're going to do, and then we have her happily talking it out. And I figured Yuu was going to be part of those plans, as unwilling as he is. Poor Yamaji gets taken down rather brutally when she hears about his situation. And it was amusing that, after Futaba brought up Yamaji being like a dog in a first place, she was the one kind of perturbed when he actually kept fetching a stick.
                      While predictable, it was really funny. I wonder when we'll see why Yu is so attached to Yoko, even though her circumstances now would make her "less desirable" to an elite like Yu. Of course, Sakura is a much better match for him, since it's clear already that he's a vain rich asshole and she's a shallow and vain socialite-in-training. A match made in rich person heaven.

Comment

Haha, that Sonobe backtracking. I had the exact same impression during the initial scene, but seeing the girls disturbed by the fact moments later was hilarious. :D
                        Awww, and how adorable of Youko having her wish fulfilled. Knowing that she had the luxury of eating fine dining for most of her life, it was amusing that she needed to whet her palate with more popular, commoner food. Curious to how she went about ordering it though; and at least she wasn't using utensils to enjoy it.

And Futaba is adorable trying to convince the other two that she really can cook. It's a good thing Youko coincidentally ended up with some meat, otherwise she and Teru would've never believed her. And Teru can be a scary one. Good thing her angel of a sister is there to keep her straight, despite the rather esoteric diet

Comment

So, now we see when and where Teru gave up and become evil. Also, Sakura knows what she's got. Heh, the Yoko going to McDonald's scene reminds me of the one in Marimite.

Comment

Episode 5

Heh, I loved the scene with sleepy Youko at the family restaurant, and the friends' reactions to it. Wondering if she would keep dodging the inevitable clash with the table in her sleep, but she does hit the second time.

With Youko out of commission, Shino gets to bring in the friends to work for her. Everything goes according to her plans. And really, Teru is so danged adorable, and Futaba is surprisingly cool, in those outfits.

Shino's never come across Kou's creations before, but she's good enough to sense the dread just seeing the wrapper. Looks like they were ultimately unable to save Youko from being offered a get-well treat... Even without Sakura around, it looks like we have another person to put Yuu in his place with Kou, in a rather different way.

I love how Shino notices Nishiyama's rivalry right away and immediately goes right to exploiting it for her own ends. She may have been thwarted by Yamaji the first day, but she eventually gets her way here too. And the results are just what she wanted. Love the moment where everyone jumps into to help her when she needs it, and she ended up using her pay heartwarmingly to get the camera she wanted. Loved her bumping into Shino and coming across Shino's own photographic pursuits.
                            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 05-08-2016, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                              I love how Shino notices Nishiyama's rivalry right away and immediately goes right to exploiting it for her own ends. She may have been thwarted by Yamaji the first day, but she eventually gets her way here too. And the results are just what she wanted. Love the moment where everyone jumps into to help her when she needs it, and she ended up using her pay heartwarmingly to get the camera she wanted. Loved her bumping into Shino and coming across Shino's own photographic pursuits.
                              Nishiyama is quickly becoming best girl in show for me. She is the Natsume to Teru's Sae.
                              Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
                              Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Nishiyama is definitely rising sharply on the adorable chart for this show. Though the funniest part was still Sonome dodging the "candy" created by Hayama the Elder. That's a very useful instinct to have.

"It's stinging my eyes!"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X