X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2016] Tanaka-kun is Always Listless Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    田中くんはいつもけだるげ

A show about a high school student who just does nothing but doze off at school.

Airs: Saturday, April 9

Studio: Silver Link

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Sighing, leaning on his elbows, sleepy eyes. Tanaka-kun is a boy that basically doesn't try but isn't disliked. This is a laid-back youth comedy about Tanaka-kun and the quiet Oota who can't leave him alone.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

You snooze, you lose.

Tanaka knows about nothing but how to doze off here as all he really cares about is that he has his siesta. It's pretty funny seeing what he can do when he's half asleep from tossing a badminton racket to biting his mouth over a piece of bread, but surprisingly he can play piano well in that state. Next day, Tanaka is doubly listless than usual. And seeing that he is forgetting the important things in life that he nearly missed his dental appointment had it not been for Ohta accidentally seeing his dentist reminders. Well, this looks to be a show where the novelty of Tanaka sleeping and stuff wears off quickly, but it was amusing. Anyway, I'll keep on watching for the time being before deciding what to do.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Ah, so the next "easygoing" show by the director and studio of Non Non Biyori. Not really too much in the way of laugh out loud moments as that show sometimes had, but enough quirky amusing material with the main duo to carry it along, and always love the pleasantly adorable look of Iizuka Haruko character designs. I do think it's going to need to vary things up a bit beyond them, but looks like it's already set to do that with the ending (and still seems to be some more characters to get to beyond her).

Comment

This was amusing. Tanaka is determined to do whatever it takes to laze around easily. Lol he went to p.e class so that he can become physically more stronger so that his arms don't sleep when he rests his head on them. And then he proceeded to give up because humans are too weak to handle french bread so they should coexist with the tough bread lol.

Tanaka doesn't want to become the main character of his life because it's too much work. He'd rather have Ohta be the protagonist of his life story lol. Lol everyone thought that the things he was doing – not feeling like eating, then that screech in music class – were a sign that he was in love. But it turned out that he had a cavity in his tooth lol.

This was quite nice. The OP was nice. The ED was okay too. The visuals are also quite nice. I'll keep watching this. Next Tanaka will be getting an apprentice lol. I liked how the next episode title was written. Tanaka fell asleep while writing lol.
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

I'll take Sakamoto-kun over Tanaka-kun. The over-the-top fabulous is a lot more entertaining than pure lethargy.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

He doesn't take apprentices, so she's fired.

Tanaka blows his lunch money at the shrine praying for an uneventful day, but it ends up being eventful as Miyano has come wanting to learn the ways of being listless from Tanaka and be his apprentice. For someone who is hyperactive, that's asking for quite a lot. But of course, it just doesn't suit her nature even though she keeps on insisting. Next day, Tanaka gets a challenge. Well, that was really cute seeing Miyano changing moods just like that and everything, but still I'm feeling out of it watching this show. I'll give it one more episode before making a decision on this show.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Keeping his life uneventful is serious business for Tanaka, so much that he even goes as far as blackmailing and bribing the gods. But really feels like his attempts are just backfiring on him. One new character introduced to his life, and now yet another is upcoming.

Heh, Miyano's quest was sure to end in failure, seeing how completely incompatible her personality seemed right off the bat with the Tanaka lifestyle. Love how weirdly strained all of her attempts were. Of course wondering why she cared so much to do it, and that ended on a rather sweet note. Transitioning to the second half, I like the misdirection, thinking that she "crashed and burned" to a melancholic outcome, but rather it was just another quirk of hers that was way out there. Fun seeing that she actually did have it in her to outdo Tanaka at his own game, getting to Osaka levels of concern over something random and inconsequential.

The demeanor of the next character to disturb Tanaka's life seems interesting. She's seemingly paired up with Miyano in some way so very curious what that will be about.

Comment

Lol this was hilarious. I felt sorry for Tanaka. Poor guy just wanted a boring little day and he couldn't even get that thanks to the loli who thought that Tanaka was mature and wanted to be mature by being boring. Lol she was trying hard to be listless while Tanaka was telling her to not try at all.

Lol Tanaka takes laziness to a whole new level. If he has to get up to eat something ,he would just give up loooooool. Lol despite feeling hungry, he wouldn't get up and would rather eat in his dream. That is one committed lazy ass.

Hilarious stuff. Tanaka is easily the best guy this season along with probably Sakamoto. The two are like, completely opposites lol.
                My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Oh, yay, Natsumi Takamori. Just one more reason Miyano felt like a wonderful chimera of several classic characters, well distilled. But if that wasn't episode 15 of Pet Girl of Sakurasou again, with how fun she makes those manic swings of emotion. "I was just waltzing with the north wind..." was brilliant.

Okay, so the show's more Nozaki-kun-ish, where it's really so much about the supporting characters. More as odd as Miyano and I'll have to stick around. (Though now that I pay attention, the art design of the school is somewhat original. And the BGM.)
                  Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                  Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                  Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

It was a fun episode, from Tanaka's attempt to blackmail the local shrine god to Miyano's wild desire to learn how to be as listless as Tanaka just so that she could impress the guy she is crushing on with her "maturity."

Plus we all know there is now a plot to take over Japan by people in mascot suits
                    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                      Oh, yay, Natsumi Takamori. Just one more reason Miyano felt like a wonderful chimera of several classic characters, well distilled. But if that wasn't episode 15 of Pet Girl of Sakurasou again, with how fun she makes those manic swings of emotion. "I was just waltzing with the north wind..." was brilliant.
                      Really, that entire sequence with her being preoccupied with the mascots overruling the world was pretty funny. Love the shocked reaction of the class upon seeing that.

Okay, so the show's more Nozaki-kun-ish, where it's really so much about the supporting characters. More as odd as Miyano and I'll have to stick around. (Though now that I pay attention, the art design of the school is somewhat original. And the BGM.)
                      Seems to be that way, and I'm curious what interactions Tanaka will have with the others. He's already had a profound influence on Miyano, so it'll be interesting to see how the others come into play.

Somewhat o.t. but I'm wondering if that 85cm bit with Tanaka was a reference to "Double Lariat."

Comment

I thought the piano scene in episode 1 was hilarious -- "but now my house is gone!" . Episode 2 wasn't as funny for me but was still cute.

Comment

Episode 3

She's full of contradictions

The one who put that challenge letter is Echizen, who is Ohta's neighbor and despite her hot-blooded, delinquent persona, she has an obsession for cute things to the extent that she won't eat anything that looks cute. And she also is attracted to Miyano because she's so cute. Of course, by challenging Tanaka, she wins as he's not fighting back, but things get out of hand whenever she sees something cute. That confession sure was something.

So with that, this show is probably not going to make it seeing that this kind of humor is something I have a hard time seeing it sustain itself for 12 episodes and it's starting to grow stale. I guess I'll give it one more episode, but as things stand I have bigger priorities than this.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            So with that, this show is probably not going to make it seeing that this kind of humor is something I have a hard time seeing it sustain itself for 12 episodes and it's starting to grow stale. I guess I'll give it one more episode, but as things stand I have bigger priorities than this.
                            After seeing the OP, I figured that the only way this title sustains itself is by adding more and more characters. lol
                            Last edited by Asrialys; 04-23-2016, 06:52 PM.
                            @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Hah, I love delinquents with a taste for cute things. Or maybe not a good choice of phrase there, since Echizen can't eat cute-shaped snacks. :D The thing about Ohta and Echizen being in a gang makes me wonder. Did their friendships with Tanaka and Miyano respectively get them to "settle down"? (whatever that even means, since it seems like they may have been rather harmless before anyway: still funny to see the visual impression they give when flanking Tanaka at the end).

And here Tanaka manages to help the other side of the equation with these two quirky girl friends. I was wondering what the post-reconciliation snacks were going to look like. So it's muscle men in chocolate form. Hah. Tanaka thinks his apprenticeships are over and nothing more to be involved with... of course he's wrong. Definitely curious to see what's up with Shiraishi.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X