X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2016] Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    坂本ですが?

A show about a high school student who's too cool to boot, and nothing could ever quiet his coolness.

Airs: Friday, April 8

Studio: Deen

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Cool! Cooler! Coolest! There's nothing that can stop his coolness, ya know.

That was very funny seeing those delinquents try and fail to make Sakamoto uncool, all while Sakamoto not only thwarts those schemes, but doing so in style. The fire dance ritual that was designed to get the teacher's attention and the battle against the bee are particularly amusing. He sure does know how to be popular with the girls there, and then some. So far, it's off to a nice start and certainly an early frontrunner for the best comedy of the season. I'll keep on watching for now, but I'll see where it stacks up against the rest of the shows before deciding for sure whether or not to watch to the end.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Heh, all attempts to bully and bring Sakamoto down backfire in only making him look more awesome. And then outside of that, he makes even the smallest things so epic. Even if they only stick to this pattern (next episode it seems like we'll have a girl getting frustrated at Sakamoto instead of dudes as we had this time), it feels like this show is going to be worthwhile with all the hilarious results we got out of it.

Comment

It was amusing, but I'm not sure I'm going to be interested in seeing just a single gag played out in multiple variations, which is how this show looks set to proceed. I'm willing to give it another look, but Sakamoto merely getting the better of anyone who tries to trip him up will eventually get a little tiresome.
        Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
          It was amusing, but I'm not sure I'm going to be interested in seeing just a single gag played out in multiple variations, which is how this show looks set to proceed. I'm willing to give it another look, but Sakamoto merely getting the better of anyone who tries to trip him up will eventually get a little tiresome.
          This is a one-note show, if this episode is any indication. Sakamoto doesn't quite pull it off with what needs doing to make this show fully tick. The most Interesting Man In the World commercials from Dos Equis, or James Coburn in the "Flint" movies from the 1960s, are prime examples of how to do this right. This episode already was tiresome.

I hope the girl's approach gives a twist next week, or I won't be around too long.
          My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
          1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
          2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
          3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

This was freakin awemazing! Sakamoto is super cool.

He took care of those delinquents and they started to feel the coolness. Lol with no table or chair, he just sat at the window. Lol who the hell takes an umbrella to the bathroom? He made those delinquents believe that he was putting out the fire by moving in front of it to and fro quickly but he was actually calling for help from downstairs and then he took full responsibility too.

Lol he doesn't need a chair to sit because he's too cool for it. The bee sword fight was great.

The OP was pretty cool too.

This is one awesome series. The comedy was perfect here. Now to see him deal with that bitchy idol girl. He'll show her who's boss.
            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

This was pretty fun. The question at this point is definitely whether or not the series will branch out beyond the single gag that makes up the entire first episode, but even if it doesn't it might remain watchable. It's a joke that can be very funny if executed with the right surplus of panache, and clearly the series knows its game.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Smiles are included with this combo meal.

First half of this show is about Kubota learning that he needs to have some pride and not just hand over his money to those thugs. So he gets a part-time job working at McDonald's with Sakamoto where he learns some techniques to deal with those bullies. Then Aina is trying out every trick in the book to seduce Sakamoto, but he's no ordinary guy. Certainly, that Kokkuri-san stuff and the stacked desks to form an arch isn't going to get his coolness over to her side. That was quite a change from the first episode where it's all about looking cool in the face of danger, but here it goes in a different direction and it's, well, cool.

So here's what's so amazing about Sakamoto:
                - He can beat up bullies using fast food techniques.
                - He draws a big crowd wherever he works.
                - Not only is he ambidextrous, but he can write with both hands at the same time.
                - Both guys and girls are attracted to him.
                - Evil spirits are no problems for him.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

There was more than just Sakamoto humorously deflecting the people who are after him in some way (loved the ambidextrous joke there, though). Seems this time it was more about Sakamoto getting those people around them to realize their own positive qualities. Had a feeling where the segment with the girls was going to go, but it's nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                    There was more than just Sakamoto humorously deflecting the people who are after him in some way (loved the ambidextrous joke there, though). Seems this time it was more about Sakamoto getting those people around them to realize their own positive qualities. Had a feeling where the segment with the girls was going to go, but it's nice to see.
                    And that's part of why I liked this episode a lot more. The first episode was kind of stale: bullies take on Sakamoto, he outmaneuvers them. The end.

These situations were much less antagonistic, but more creative for that. The basic gag that Sakamoto is challenged but overcomes it all is there, but these two stories were much more amusing and original. Also, I liked the level of absurdity reached here in both segments. If the show can keep this up, it will be worth seeing to the end.
                    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

The best part was absolutely Acchan mustering up the courage to ask for a smile for takeout. Sugita's Engrish made it that much better.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Sakamoto helps out a stupid looking fat kid who was being bullied in a different way. Instead of taking care of the bullies, he takes care of the lack of money problem by having him work at McDonald's. And then after earning that money, the fatty didn't want to give it up to the bullies. Lol Sakamoto was pretty rude to that kid.

Then Sakamoto takes care of that slutty girl by not letting any of her plans work. Lol he was literally seeing through her in class. And he's ambidextrous. That is one way of not letting a girl get close to him. And then he completely ignored her when she got up. Sakamoto is not your average guy to fall for such things.
                        And then that Kokkuri-san game lol. They were forcing the coin to go their way and ended up losing it. Then Sakamoto plays along and has the girls become friends.

While this episode had some hilarious bits, it kinda felt down as compared to the first episode

Comment

Episode 3

He just wants to be helpful.

Sakamoto is being Maruyama's personal servant at school even though Maruyama didn't ask for it. Sakamoto does things like serving lunch packs, polishing shoes, providing toilet paper, and even setting up a bed when he is locked in the gym storage room. But of course, Maruyama could do all that himself. And then it turns out that Ako isn't the only person this season who thinks that 2D romances translates into a 3D one as Yoshinobu's mother is in love with Sakamoto because he happens to look like the MC of her favorite movie. All Sakamoto wants to do is to tutor Yoshinobu, but he has to hide from the mother, and it's only after making a video of himself that she gave up on him. That's another funny episode there seeing Sakamoto go through all that to get his coolness across.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Lol Sakamoto became a senpai's errand boy and was too perfect. And in the end, he became too much for that fat guy to handle lol.

Lol Sakamoto hiding from the fatty's mother. He hid in almost every possible place, from under the bed to on top of the door to inside the washing machine lol. And in the end, he went inside the tv lol. That was some pretty hilarious stuff. The previous episode wasn't funny enough, but this was way better than last week's display. Sakamoto being too perfect for people to handle lol.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Sakamoto has gone from turning bullies into fanboys to turning bullies into regular paying members of the student body by being overwhelmingly helpful. The best parts are always the most subtle, this time being the 120 on an exam because of how overly knowledgeable he is about sexuality.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...