Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 47

What will she do?

Now that Rokuro has become the Cataclysm King, he's turning all humanity into statues, at least those without spiritual powers. He has petrified Narukami, and it's only a matter of time before the whole world suffers the same fate. It turns out that Mikage is behind everything as he's the vessel for Abe no Seimei and needs Benio to copulate with him to complete the resurrection. So she has a decision to make to copulate with him that will release Rokuro, but making her unable to see him ever again, or to fight the king against overwhelming odds. So in the end, she decides to go through with the copulation. That sure brought out the worst in Benio, but in any case it will be intriguing to see how all this goes down.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 48

Everybody's in this together.

Just like that, Benio has now become the damsel in distress as she took Seimei's offer to free Rokuro. Of course, with the world on the verge of destruction that Rokuro needs to do something even if it's only a faint glimmer of hope, and he gets the motivation by none other than Suzu. So with all of Rokuro's exorcist buddies coming to help him that he got through all the traps to reach Benio. Well, that was just totally cliched there and it goes to show why filler material fails more often than not. Two more episodes left to go before it all ends.
      Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 49

This is not a world that needs to be destroyed.

And after 49 episodes, Rokuro and Benio finally kiss. Seimei had been plotting the destruction of this world by sucking out all the yang energy, but nobody is going to let this happen. Kamui finally makes his return as he wants to be the one to defeat Benio and nobody else, providing some much-needed assistance for Arima so that Rokuro has what he needs to free Benio. So with that, there's the flower to stop, and an exchange of words between them and Seimei while they are trying to stop it. Well, that was pretty anticlimatic there, but it couldn't have gone any other way at this juncture. One more episode left to go.

Comment

Episode 50 (Finale)

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.

Just when it looked like Seimei's sleep spell would do those two in, Sae gets involved and has them tapping into their bonds of friendship with everybody that has helped them get this far, and in shonen action style the world is saved and everything is back to normal. While Rokuro and Benio have fallen in love, that is not who the wedding is for as it's for Ryogo and Haruka, while it's too soon for the twin stars to legally tie the knot. Thus, it's over with the world safe for 1000 years and the twin stars finally engaged after so much has happened, all while everybody continues to fight to make this world a better place.

The end of the fight is pretty standard shonen stuff, while the wedding part was a pretty decent end to this seeing that this is supposed to be the endgame of all this. While I did stick through to the end with this show, there were several instances where I was about ready to give up on it seeing that I was hoping it would get back to canonical stuff as that is when this show is at its best, but it ended up being a fillerfest for the majority of the time as Pierrot is notorious for. But in any case, I enjoyed it enough to keep on going even if my patience was pushed to the limit.

Overall, this show does some things well and others, not so much. Among the things it does well are the story concept, action, drama, and animation as those things put together is something that had the potential to be something great. However, this show should have stuck with the manga as the anime-original content was poorly written for the most part. The first 20 episodes were nicely done to set the foundation for big developments to happen. But the last 30 were just full of bad writing, especially the Dragon Spot arc where it was repetitive and just a way to draw things out longer than it really should have. While the writing was problematic, it does a solid job with character development seeing that there are so many twists along the way. So in summary, this is a show that should have followed the manga more rather than having it being mostly filler content.

MAL Rating: *******---

Comment

Re: Episode 50 (Finale)

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.

Just when it looked like Seimei's sleep spell would do those two in, Sae gets involved and has them tapping into their bonds of friendship with everybody that has helped them get this far, and in shonen action style the world is saved and everything is back to normal. While Rokuro and Benio have fallen in love, that is not who the wedding is for as it's for Ryogo and Haruka, while it's too soon for the twin stars to legally tie the knot. Thus, it's over with the world safe for 1000 years and the twin stars finally engaged after so much has happened, all while everybody continues to fight to make this world a better place.

The end of the fight is pretty standard shonen stuff, while the wedding part was a pretty decent end to this seeing that this is supposed to be the endgame of all this. While I did stick through to the end with this show, there were several instances where I was about ready to give up on it seeing that I was hoping it would get back to canonical stuff as that is when this show is at its best, but it ended up being a fillerfest for the majority of the time as Pierrot is notorious for. But in any case, I enjoyed it enough to keep on going even if my patience was pushed to the limit.

Overall, this show does some things well and others, not so much. Among the things it does well are the story concept, action, drama, and animation as those things put together is something that had the potential to be something great. However, this show should have stuck with the manga as the anime-original content was poorly written for the most part. The first 20 episodes were nicely done to set the foundation for big developments to happen. But the last 30 were just full of bad writing, especially the Dragon Spot arc where it was repetitive and just a way to draw things out longer than it really should have. While the writing was problematic, it does a solid job with character development seeing that there are so many twists along the way. So in summary, this is a show that should have followed the manga more rather than having it being mostly filler content.

MAL Rating: *******---
            That hits most of the spots for me as well, probably coming in somewhere in B-/B range for me. I went in knowing is was a shonen show, so I knew the "risks" I was taking. Add to that the ongoing nature of the mange, and you know you're taking on something risky. And that's what we got, with the anime diverging from the manga at the point of the time skip. Most before that was manga faithful, most after that was not. I agree that most of the issues that took place were with the filler material and all new characters. Some of it was downright stupid: The whole Suzu music/dance stuff throughout, no matter how talented the seiyuu is as a singer, that was just dumb. I thought the last episode wrapped things up pretty well as such efforts go. This show was at its best focusing on the dynamics between Benio and Rokuro.

Wrong turns:
            -Suzu, as said.
            -Kinako, an anime original character, and one of the most annoying mascots ever created.
            -Losing track of what was meant by them being the Twin Stars in the last half.
            -Too much filler nonsense (baseball, seriously?) especially during the Dragon Spot arc.
            -I felt they did a poor job of handling what happened with Benio's legs. They just didn't make it clear what had really happened: Her twin brother had sliced off his own sister's legs. But...

Good stuff:
            -Sae. C'mon, you knew she was going to go poof as soon as you saw her, admit it. But she remained adorable, and although they went overboard in her use, the use of having her bond with Rokuro and Benio was well-done, even with the predictable ending of that arc.
            -Last episode, with the finale of Rokuro and Benio.
            -They actually explain why so many misfortunes have happened to Benio.

Very good stuff:
            -The aftermath of Benio's amputation and gaining her new Kegare legs was done even better than the manga.
            -The romance between Benio and Rokuro. It never felt rushed, even with the time skip issues. It was the core of this anime, and really felt like a natural growth and progression between the two. Sure, we were bound to end up where we did, but other shows have handled this far worse; here it never felt forced.
            -They fought hard against OP Syndrome. By making clear that neither Rokuro or Benio were the strongest out there, it made their victory in the end more compelling.

So, a show that had a good concept, did a bunch of things right, screwed up some things, but did a bunch of things very right. It won't go down as great, but the positives outweighed the negatives at the end of the day. I thought the general plot at the end got kinda muddled, but Benio and Rokuro pulled the show together. They really were the Twin Stars around whom this show revolved.
            My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
            1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
            2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
            3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X