Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 10

She feels their pain.

School is back in session and those kids are no longer Kiznaivers. However, Katsuhira still feels Noriko's pain as she tried to jump, but fainted before she could. It turns out that the whole Kizna experiment backfired with Noriko as instead of having other children feeling her pain, the reverse happened as she is feeling the pain of several other children all by herself. As for the children there, Katsushira was one of them and he was lucky enough to be released. As for those not released, they became vegetated. That was some wicked experiment there, and it's no wonder Noriko is so broken from the inside out. At least those who did survive the experiment have stronger bonds than before, but to put those children through all this is just way too cruel.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 10

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      She feels their pain.

School is back in session and those kids are no longer Kiznaivers. However, Katsuhira still feels Noriko's pain as she tried to jump, but fainted before she could. It turns out that the whole Kizna experiment backfired with Noriko as instead of having other children feeling her pain, the reverse happened as she is feeling the pain of several other children all by herself. As for the children there, Katsushira was one of them and he was lucky enough to be released. As for those not released, they became vegetated. That was some wicked experiment there, and it's no wonder Noriko is so broken from the inside out. At least those who did survive the experiment have stronger bonds than before, but to put those children through all this is just way too cruel.
      My perfect end for this series has become even more perfect. Nico was just adorable in this episode. And it looks like Katsuhiro's had a breakthrough on what he can feel.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
        Nico was just adorable in this episode.
        Nico always seems to find a way to warm hearts after some of the more depressing turns in the series.

Comment

I guess it's impressive that the story is more compelling after the characters have lost their Kizna connection. Becoming very interested now.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 11

They were already friends.

That was quite a bold move by Katsuhira there to confess to everybody that they were friends long before the experiment, but he just simply forgot about everything. In the end, everybody was able to share their pain in a way even off the Kiznaiver system that's about to be scrapped. Very nicely done there the way the characters saw the Kiznaiver system for and how it influenced their friendships. So with that, there's one more episode, and Noriko is up to something asking everybody to come bond with her, but something tells me she's really desperate about all this.
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 11

Don't Noriko becomes evil! Sure looks like it at the end there.
              Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                Don't Noriko becomes evil! Sure looks like it at the end there.
                You could almost here the Imperial March from Star Wars at the end of the episode. Yep, looks like she's turned to the Dark Side. Can she be saved?
                My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Well, Nori-chan seemed like a villain at the beginning, so it looks to be coming full circle. Naturally she'll come back around at the end.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Friendship conquers all.

Noriko has stirred up quite a lot of chaos going as far as to blow up part of the bridge out of town. That was brave of Katsuhira to face all those dangers to snap Noriko back to her senses there going as far as to climb up the bridge and to take a fall into the drink with her. But in the end, the traumatizing pain is gone and everything is back to normal with the Kizna clinic being converted into a park and everybody being friends in a more natural sense. That was a rather predictable way to end this, but nevertheless it's a solid way to bring everybody together at a time of great need.

Overall, this show took awhile to get in the groove as there was just too much to keep track of at the beginning all while things don't click right off the bat, which is typical of shows directed by Mari Okada as things don't usually get good until midway through. The whole idea of pain sharing was just overused to the point where I didn't think that there would be much of a story. But once the show starts becoming more serious with the situations regarding Maki and Noriko, that's when the show really hits its stride as the characters see their friendships develop in a quite a standout and emotional way. The animation is great, the characters are interesting, and the end result of the story is great to make up for a chaotic start where things were all over the place.

MAL Rating: ********--

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

That was about how I expected it to all end up. Nothing amazing, but at least it ended up being perfectly good.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Nico proves that she's the best character with her "I don't care for Sonozaki" line and the pose to go along with it.
                        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X