X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2016] Kiznaiver Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    キズナイーバー

A show about people who share their bonds through wounds. When one such person gets hurt, so does everybody selected to be a Kiznaiver.

Airs: Saturday, April 9

Studio: Trigger

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The anime's setting is a fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City. One day, Noriko Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira Agata, "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers. Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land, but as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. The story is set in this town where Katsuhira and the others live.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 0

This is an episode where the seiyuus in this show have a variety show segment. Basically, it talks about the ins and outs, and what to expect in this show, which is all about everybody together in suffering as one person's pain is everybody's pain. And then there's the jump rope segment where the seiyuus have to jump together 30 times within a time limit, and after some negotiation to change the objective, mission was cleared. That jump rope segment is pretty funny, especially the part where one of the seiyuus was jumping while holding the video camera. Anyway, that was a nice way to get me ready for what should be a great show.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 0

Man, I am so hyped for this. I liked being able to see the seiyuus - nice to be able to put a face to a voice.

Comment

Episode 1

My pain is your pain and your pain is my pain.

That was quite an intriguing setup there with this whole thing about pain sharing. Katsuhira has such a high pain tolerance, but he doesn't realize that even though others don't feel pain physically when he is in pain, they feel it emotionally. And this whole Kizuna project is designed so it physically happens to all Kiznaivers. At least he doesn't feel as much pain as he normally would, but everybody else is feeling it, which is ho he is still standing after that fall that would have otherwise killed him. And the whole city is one giant experiment as well. So far, it's off to a nice start and while Trigger does crazy things with the animation, it doesn't go as overboard as they usually do.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Hah, the scene with Katsuhira getting taken to the surgery room was so over-the-top hilarious with the mascots, music, and disco balls. And then we get more of that briefly with everyone's kidnapping footage.

No clue about the plot or what to think of it so far, but does seem like interesting bunch of lead characters. ED has me curious about the short purple haired girl placed behind Honoka at one point. Does get me wondering what we'll find out about some of these people.

Comment

Re: Kiznaiver Discussion Thread

That was...different. No idea if that's different good or different bad, yet. Really nice OP visuals. Weird Utopian notion, which could only be implemented upon humanity by a totalitarian world regime, which wouldn't deter fanatics will to die due to being convinced of their self-righteousness, but, still...

I'll keep looking for a bit to see where we go with this.
            My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
            1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
            2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
            3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

This was interesting. They gave a different meaning to "I feel your pain". They can now physically feel each other's pain. I'm curious to see how they use this concept, how they use it to bring the characters close to each other or whatever the hell they want to achieve. I wonder how things would be if they could feel each other's emotional pain or something.

Everyone would get to know what Katsuhira goes through and then they would care because they would actually know the pain he goes through instead of helping him after taking pity on him or feeling sorry for him. Helping each other would now be out of true concern.

The thing about that island city where they're all living is a little bit interesting. Slightly curious about that.

The comedy was good here. Lol Tenga smashing that guy's face with his ass and then sitting on him. That red haired girl was cute. The blonde loli was too retarded. I've never liked characters like her who are too chuuni and childish for their age.

Anyway, I'm interested in this and will keep watching at least a few more episodes.
              Last edited by Yamada2; 04-11-2016, 07:28 AM.
              My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Originally posted by Yamada2 View Post
                They gave a different meaning to "I feel your pain". They can now physically feel each other's pain. I'm curious to see how they use this concept.... /snip/
                Well, it's going to be lots of fun the first time someone gets constipated.
                My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
                  They gave a different meaning to "I feel your pain". They can now physically feel each other's pain. I'm curious to see how they use this concept.... /snip/
                  It will be even more fun when someone has his/her first time...

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
                    It will be even more fun when someone has his/her first time...
                    I elected not to go there, but I'd already realized the hentai doujinshi have to already be cranking out about pleasure sharing.

Comment

Could it be a second Trigger show that I actually stick with throughout its run? It has their strong visuals and inevitable absurdity while grounded enough to form a connection (appropriate given the plot of the series).
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Hmmm...almost like Kokoro Connect to a similar extent. At least this is looking a bit more engaging...helps that the catchy OP reminds me of "Take On Me"

Comment

Episode 2

Out with the secrets.

Their first mission as Kiznaivers is to introduce themselves, and by that Noriko wants everybody to tell their darkest secret as she has researched into everybody to find information about themselves. Tenga is afraid of dogs, Nico keeps bragging about fairies, Yuta used to be fat, Katsuhira used to be a funny guy, Chidori is in love with Katsuhira, and Honoka killed somebody. Talk about an extreme way of flushing out those critical pieces of information seeing all Noriko needs to do is shock Katsuhira to get everybody to feel the heat. Pretty solid way of utilizing this show's gimmick.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Hah, love how Tammy Wynette's "Stand by Your Man" was used for Katsuhira's congratulations. How fitting.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

So that girl is forcing this bunch to befriend each other and tell each other a secret they don't want anyone to ever know.

The muscle head is afraid of dogs, the lady killer guy was once obese, Maki supposedly killed someone, and the most obvious of all, Chidori was in love with Katsuhira. The best one was easily Nico's – she isn't an annoying little chuuni girl lol. She was too perfect so she wanted to be a little less perfect so she started spewing all that nonsense about fairies and shit when she didn't even believe in fairies.

Lol whenever they said something which wasn't required, Katsuhira got zapped which in turn zapped everyone else. Lol in the end Chidori was slapping Katsuhira and in turn, everyone else was also getting slapped lol.

This episode was interesting. The kids are all in the same class but never even talked to one another and now they're being forced to be friends – they're being forced to tell each other stuff you'd only tell your closest friend. That's skipping a lot of steps lol. The comedy was good here again. I'm still interested in what exactly the purpose of this Kizuna system is. That's the intriguing bit.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X