X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2016] Space Patrol Luluco Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    宇宙パトロールルル

A short about a girl who is secretly a space officer who wants to live a normal life in an anything but normal city.

Airs: Friday, April 1

Studio: Trigger

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Ogikubo is the name of the specially designated area in space in the Milky Way where Earthlings and aliens can live together. Luluco is a female middle school student who lives with her father, and no matter where she is, Luluco is a common, "super normal" girl. As she is living her normal life, one day the mysterious transfer student ΑΩ Nova abruptly appears before her. That meeting will change Luluco's fate.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Trigger is known for their crazy style of animation and bizarre movements, and this is exactly what happens here. Poor Luluco just wants to be normal, but everything around her is anything but normal. Father somehow ends up eating a time capsule pill to become a popsicle, and Luluco reluctantly becomes an officer when a cheater is found and causes a ruckus. Luluco gets arrested, and then she's free, or maybe not. That was very funny, and certainly for a short that makes this show something I'll look forward to every week.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Hmmm, didn't really find the episode all that amazing, but;

wow that ED. really nice. The visual composition and TeddyLoid and Bonjour Suzuki teaming up couldn't be more perfect.

Comment

It was amusingly nutty, but I have my doubts they'll be able to sustain that level of absurd silliness. Thus, not sure yet whether this show will be able to continue to interest me.
        Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

This was quite amusing. The ridiculousness is done right here. Luluco wants to live a normal life in her abnormal city. Her dad accidently eats freeze pills which were present on the table for some inexplicable reason and he freezes up. Lol he even breaks. Luluco goes to his office to have him fixed and she meets the flaming skeleton officer who arrests her twice and frees her twice. Lol that was stupid. And poor Luluco has to become a space patrol officer to earn money to fix her dad and to stop aliens she turns into a gun. That was all stupid. Poor Luluco's normal life has been ruined in a flash.
          My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

That was cute and really, really silly. Imashi strikes again. Can't wait for more.
            Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

About what I'd expect from an Imaishi short. Better than a lot of them, but still nothing to actually care about, so no reason to stick around.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Here comes a new student appearing from inside a meteor, and just like with Luluco, Alpha Omega is a space patroller. But he is in total control of his power unlike with Luluco as he showed that criminal not to mess with him. That was pretty funny seeing him in action there turning into a gun, all while there's that black hole app that is designed to steal, Wooser included.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

that was cute loved how the ED theme was used during Luluco's doki doki moment. Looks like Luluco's "to be continued" will be a regular thing. :D

Comment

That was funny. Luluco got a partner, but unlike her, only his hand turns into a gun. Alpha looked like he'll be a bit normal, but when it came to interrogation, lol.
                    Also, I think the ED is starting to grow on me.
                    My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

True to form, it's all allegory for puberty, of course.

I liked to see Imaishi keeping things off-kilter and absurd without trying to force in as many jokes as the first episode, keeping the pacing at a simmer instead of a boil.

So far, this is the only short this season that's interested me. Maybe it's because Teekyu's gone (again) and I still needed something wacky, but I enjoy Imaishi a bunch anyway. (And this is a lot less over-the-top than the one-off short he did for Animator Expo, for perspective.)
                      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                      Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                      Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Episode 3

The person responsible for that illegal black hole app is none other than the classmate Midori Save the World, whose skin is ironically blue. She held Nova hostage with the app, but Luluco took a shot of faith and after ricocheting off the walls, the ceiling, and the floor so many times, it ends up hitting Midori. So justice has been served, but she wants to prove her worth and that she's truly sorry about what she did, so she volunteers to join the space patrol. Pretty good way to wrap up this "season" as the show calls it.

Comment

Re: Space Patrol Luluco Discussion Thread

I'm calling it right now: Midori is the best character of the season .
                          Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                          Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Midori is going to make this series even better than it already is. Between her voice, her attitude and her hotness. So glad she's joining the patrol. Much better than her just vanishing from the show. Note this is assuming she isn't reduced to a random love rival and nothing more.
                            "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                            Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
                              Midori is going to make this series even better than it already is. Between her voice, her attitude and her hotness. So glad she's joining the patrol. Much better than her just vanishing from the show. Note this is assuming she isn't reduced to a random love rival and nothing more.
                              Yeah, Midori is a pretty good addition to things.

But on the "romance" front, it can't be a love triangle, can it, when one part of the triangle doesn't really care at all? (Clearly Nova is asexual and if told to marry a sea urchin will say "It doesn't really matter to me" ).
                              Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                              Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                              Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X