• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #21: Favorite Place to Eat

Yukihira Diner (Food Wars!)
    Hoboro (Tamayura)
    Kissuisō (Hanasaku Iroha)
    Joseph's Coffee and Restaurant (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
    Café Grandpa (The World God Only Knows)

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
      Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
      I hope the English edition of The Solitary Gourmet (story:Qusumi Masayuki, art:Taniguchi Jirō) will be released in the Anglosphere.
      A good thing about The Solitary Gourmet is that you can actually eat those dishes at real-life restaurants on which the restaurants in The Solitary Gourmet are modelled.
      Here, here. Wish we'd get more Taniguchi-connected titles. Spain-based Ponent Mon has some of his work, including things he's also written. Rooting for Drawn & Quarterly, which is currently focused on the manga side on all the old gekiga guys, to pick up this series.

The Solitary Gourmet has a live action adaptation as well. So the kind of 20-something young woman's version of that, Wakako-zake, which is being simulcast on Crunchyroll (and which, as I joked at the top, was the inspiration for this topic) also features real restaurants (and brands of liquor). But I don't know if its original manga did as well (the brief anime adaptation didn't)...or if it added them for the show to be like The Solitary Gourmet. Either way, Crunchyroll needs to license that next, to follow on the gourmand theme.
      Curious if these places ever cross-promote. I mean, do they have any marketing displayed like "As seen on Wakakozake!" ? Maybe not. :D Though I'm guessing they'll have at least a handful of otaku visit the places anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
        Café Donguri (Hayate the Combat Butler)
        Rabbit House (Is the Order a Rabbit)
        Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
        Hoboro (Tamayura)
        Joseph's Coffee and Restaurant (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
        Café Grandpa (The World God Only Knows)
        I'll second some of the lesser-known places, though there's going to be some tough voting when it comes to the actual poll.
        Last edited by Hitsugi Amachi; 03-07-2016, 09:17 AM.
        Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Here, here. Wish we'd get more Taniguchi-connected titles. Spain-based Ponent Mon has some of his work, including things he's also written. Rooting for Drawn & Quarterly, which is currently focused on the manga side on all the old gekiga guys, to pick up this series.
          So if The Solitary Gourmet is published in the Anglosphere, it is likely to be released by a publishing firm which mainly deals with art manga / manga aimed at connoisseurs?

The Solitary Gourmet has a live action adaptation as well. So the kind of 20-something young woman's version of that, Wakako-zake, which is being simulcast on Crunchyroll (and which, as I joked at the top, was the inspiration for this topic) also features real restaurants (and brands of liquor). But I don't know if its original manga did as well (the brief anime adaptation didn't)...or if it added them for the show to be like The Solitary Gourmet. Either way, Crunchyroll needs to license that next, to follow on the gourmand theme.
          The live-action adaptation of The Solitary Gourmet, too, is quite popular. The company that published the Solitary Gourmet manga also published a book about the real-life restaurants on which the restaurants in the live-action Solitary Gourmet TV programme are modelled. People who want to visit those restaurants can use the book as a guide.

This guy visited the Miyuki Shokudō restaurant, which had appeared in the live-action Solitary Gourmet TV programme in 2014.
          http://www.tokyogyoza.net/archives/42998590.html

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
          Curious if these places ever cross-promote. I mean, do they have any marketing displayed like "As seen on Wakakozake!" ? Maybe not. :D Though I'm guessing they'll have at least a handful of otaku visit the places anyway.
          This guy visited the eating joint in the dosshouse district depicted in the Solitary Gourmet manga
          Inhabitants of the dosshouse district gave a questioning look to the slumming otaku with a camera and the The Solitary Gourmet figure, and they asked him what he was doing.
          http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post286115

Comment

So the kind of 20-something young woman's version of that, Wakako-zake, which is being simulcast on Crunchyroll (and which, as I joked at the top, was the inspiration for this topic) also features real restaurants (and brands of liquor). But I don't know if its original manga did as well (the brief anime adaptation didn't)
            In the tankōbon of Wakako Zaké manga by Shinkyū Chié, there are some one-panel 'I visited a bar/restaurant in X City in Y Prefecture in order to collect material for Wakako Zaké' omaké manga between chapters. So probably the bars/restaurants in the Wakako Zaké manga are modelled upon real-life bars/restaurants. The tankōbon does not say specific information about those bars/restaurants such as the names of the bars/restaurants and the detailed addresses, however.
            In the 'Special 1' chapter of the Wakako Zaké manga, Wakako drank White Horse.
            Last edited by kijakusai; 03-20-2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X