Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #19: Favorite Parody

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    Hah! Samurai Flamenco was the other one that lost out to Space Dandy regarding this issue. :D I don't know. I'm definitely getting it though, so yeah, AoA, get cracking on the release.
    It's feeling like it's really unlikely they'll release it at this point. May end up being UK/AU-only.

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
      There are some much older things, like Shinesman, but I wouldn't really consider it a "favorite." (And haven't seen it in 15 years probably.)
      Shinesman was the first parody I thought of (shows my age), but I quickly decided it wasn't a favourite. Two or three screenings and I was done with it. Twin Signal also came to mind, but feel it is comedic, not true parody.

Comment

Can't really say I have too many full parodies among my favorites. Magical Project S may be too much of a straight magical girl series even though it parodies some elements (wouldn't count in the way I think Punie-chan definitely does).

For now, I'll just second The World God Only Knows.

Comment

I'd like to second Abenobashi, at the very least, and I'll add in a Haiyore! Nyaruko-san for good measure.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Nyaruko: Crawling With Love parodies a lot of things including Lovecraft, of course.

Comment

After thinking it over, here are my nominations. It was tough to figure out if these titles qualified as being a parody or not as they contain lotso f references, but at the same time a good portion of the show isn't spent on parodies.

Outbreak Company - Lots of parodies in this show about the otaku culture led by Rental Magica.
              Excel Saga - From Sailor Moon references to the Super Sentai act, this show is filled with funny parodies and stuff.
              Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - This spinoff has lots of parodies involved from yakuza films and the biohazardous liquid.
              Himouto! Umaru-chan - I especially like the SEELE act and the Street Fighter parodies.

I'll just leave it at those four seeing that many other shows I had in mind are in too much of a gray area for me to nominate for this.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
              Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X