• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bctaris
    replied
    Re: TFP's Anime List Project #18: Best Transported to Another World Anime

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    thought up of a topic suggestion, which came to mind after seeing some avatars and recent shows ... Best dancing in an OP/ED
    That has been a thing lately. Not too many perfect examples yet, but I expect to see the trend increase this year.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

thought up of a topic suggestion, which came to mind after seeing some avatars and recent shows ... Best dancing in an OP/ED

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied

Poll's already closed (forgot I started it mid-day last week) but nominations for the current topic are still open through today!

Sheesh, and I almost forget to do my own list...

Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
    Urusei Yatsura Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer
    Kyousougiga

And I'll second Log Horizon and El Hazard (technically just The Wanderers, but the nom's already in for the franchise, I suppose.)

Leave a comment:

• Jimmie M
    replied

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
    Dimension_Tripper, Jimmie M, Jun Kuga, Keith Palmer, Sabure, and TnAdct1: If you want--you are not required--to recast this one (1) vote to something else in the poll, please reply with your choice and I'll count it in the final tally. (I'm abstaining, myself.)
    I'm abstaining too.

Leave a comment:

• Sabure
    replied

Dimension_Tripper, Jimmie M, Jun Kuga, Keith Palmer, Sabure, and TnAdct1: If you want--you are not required--to recast this one (1) vote to something else in the poll, please reply with your choice and I'll count it in the final tally. (I'm abstaining, myself.)
    OK, let's change my vote to Aniplex of America will cease DVD-only releases.

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    Though one in the franchise I was close to putting in my list wasn't any of them, but rather Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. I had fond memories of checking that series out. Though it's been a while since I've last seen it at this point.
    That's one I've been toying with this week... Haven't seen it in over a decade, but of all that classic AIC stuff, it's the one I'm most fond of, after El Hazard: Wanderers.

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
    Originally posted by Sabure View Post
    Sabure got a prediction right before nominations ended, and now there's one before voting ends.
    Yeah, what's going on here? Are the planets aligned or something :D ?
    Must be. Anyhow, good call!
    He, he, he. Okay, couple options: I can just ignore the AzuDai prediction...or, for those of you who already voted for that, I can let you cast that vote for something else, if you wish. And now that I'm at the end of that sentence, I've decided:

EDIT: And anyone thinking of voting for AzuDai in the poll, please don't. I won't count it.
    Last edited by bctaris; 01-20-2016, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmie M
    replied

Originally posted by Sabure View Post
    Sabure got a prediction right before nominations ended, and now there's one before voting ends.
    Must be. Anyhow, good call!

Leave a comment:

• Sabure
    replied

Anyway awesome that AzuDai got re-solicited, and as a Sentai Select title which seems like the most logical choice.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Sabure got a prediction right before nominations ended, and now there's one before voting ends. Honestly, I think the Aniplex thing has already been true for a while now, too, anyway. Their most recent DVD-only releases were World Conquest and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic back in spring of 2015.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 01-20-2016, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    yeah, I didn't want to specify every iteration of Tenchi Muyo! that doesn't exactly have the characters transporting, though because at least half of the franchise involves this kind of travel, I just generalized it. All the movies, Ai, WoG.. have some kind of transportation to an alternate time/universe.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. None of the series of the main franchise really count (except for the Time & Space Adventures piece of Tenchi Universe), but the movies all could to varying degrees. The third one is the best case. With the first two, it's more of

Spoiler ->a final boss only type thing. The first counts if you're considering time travel on its own to be part of the genre, but I'm iffy on that. The second one works if you consider Mayuka transported to the "regular world", kind of in the sense we have with The Devil is a Part Timer.

Though one in the franchise I was close to putting in my list wasn't any of them, but rather Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. I had fond memories of checking that series out. Though it's been a while since I've last seen it at this point.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 01-19-2016, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
    For instance, I wouldn't look on the main, or TV series versions of Tenchi Muyo! as belonging in this category, where people boards spaceships to go to different planets, but would definitely include the excellent Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, as part of this genre.
    yeah, I didn't want to specify every iteration of Tenchi Muyo! that doesn't exactly have the characters transporting, though because at least half of the franchise involves this kind of travel, I just generalized it. All the movies, Ai, WoG.. have some kind of transportation to an alternate time/universe.

Leave a comment:

• General Hentai
    replied

For this list, I'd include Sword Art Online, as the action takes place in other worlds, especially the first 14 episodes of the 1st season. I always look on this type of genre where the MC or MCs suddenly find themselves taken to another world. For instance, I wouldn't look on the main, or TV series versions of Tenchi Muyo! as belonging in this category, where people boards spaceships to go to different planets, but would definitely include the excellent Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, as part of this genre. there have been a number of excellent entries listed, which I won't repeat, since there might be a few other titles that spring to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Jun Kuga
    replied

Originally posted by Hrld View Post
    I'd like to know if the following titles count.

Inuyasha- The Shikon Jewel is the cause of Kagome's quest in feudal Japan, though she can return to the modern world at her will.
    Bleach - This one is a bit of a stretch, but there's a lot of action in strange, fantastic worlds. Though, the theme of being taken into a different world does apply to

Spoiler ->Orihime when she was taken prisoner and taken to Hueco Mundo

IY's easy; it definitely counts. Bleach I honestly don't know all that well, after all these years. Need another's opinion on that. Though, again, if the transportation is not central to the overall story or theme of the show, then no.
    Whilst it's not the central theme of Bleach, I think it could definitely could as "Transported to a different world", as half of it takes place in the other realms, and is key to the plot

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied

Originally posted by Hrld View Post
    I'd like to know if the following titles count.

Inuyasha- The Shikon Jewel is the cause of Kagome's quest in feudal Japan, though she can return to the modern world at her will.
    Bleach - This one is a bit of a stretch, but there's a lot of action in strange, fantastic worlds. Though, the theme of being taken into a different world does apply to

Spoiler ->Orihime when she was taken prisoner and taken to Hueco Mundo

IY's easy; it definitely counts. Bleach I honestly don't know all that well, after all these years. Need another's opinion on that. Though, again, if the transportation is not central to the overall story or theme of the show, then no.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X