TFP's Anime List Project #18: Best Transported to Another World Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #18: Best Transported to Another World Anime

I consdidered just seconding EB's choices, but decided instead to suggest some of my own...

1. Log Horizon - I seriously LOVE this, as shown by my new figure.
    2. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Not what you'd consider under normal situations, but think about it...
    3. No Game No Life. - Superb series.
    4. Gate - A newcomer, but it's building up nicely.
    5. Negima! Another World - The OVAs towards the end of the storyline, on the other world...
    Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
    Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Since I'm just reminded, I'll change one of my noms, from No Game No Life, to The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post

I don't know all the titles intimately, but for instance, for Black Heaven, it's not integral (until the last arc), so no.

But it is an interesting discussion for how the idea disseminates. I wouldn't have thought of Haibane Renmei, for instance, but that's legit. And on that note, to get back to the beginning: I think Death Parade is eligible, too.
        Huh, now you just made everything tough again. With these conditions now cleared, Steins; Gate fits in as well. Going to makes some changes...as much as I like El Hazard, I'll replace it with Steins; Gate. Some others that were mentioned, I'll just end up voting for as well.

Comment

Good clarification. There is a spectrum of dislocation. Then my nomination/second list will be:
          Angel Beats!
          Haibane Renmei
          Spirited Away
          Twelve Kingdoms
          Tweeny Witches

There were more that I didn't feel fit the spirit of the topic, as their "another world" is rural vs urban. Maybe such can be a future list. Or, since there are so many, two topics: moving to the city, and moving to the country.

Comment

Originally posted by wagr View Post
            There were more that I didn't feel fit the spirit of the topic, as their "another world" is rural vs urban. Maybe such can be a future list. Or, since there are so many, two topics: moving to the city, and moving to the country.
            That would be good, yes, since that is such a natural theme in anime (and Japan in general).
            Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
            TFP Forum Rules

Comment

I'd like to know if the following titles count.

Inuyasha- The Shikon Jewel is the cause of Kagome's quest in feudal Japan, though she can return to the modern world at her will.
              Bleach - This one is a bit of a stretch, but there's a lot of action in strange, fantastic worlds. Though, the theme of being taken into a different world does apply to

Spoiler ->Orihime when she was taken prisoner and taken to Hueco Mundo

Comment

Originally posted by Hrld View Post

Inuyasha- The Shikon Jewel is the cause of Kagome's quest in feudal Japan, though she can return to the modern world at her will.
                Bleach - This one is a bit of a stretch, but there's a lot of action in strange, fantastic worlds. Though, the theme of being taken into a different world does apply to

IY's easy; it definitely counts. Bleach I honestly don't know all that well, after all these years. Need another's opinion on that. Though, again, if the transportation is not central to the overall story or theme of the show, then no.
                TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                  Originally posted by Hrld View Post

IY's easy; it definitely counts. Bleach I honestly don't know all that well, after all these years. Need another's opinion on that. Though, again, if the transportation is not central to the overall story or theme of the show, then no.
                  Whilst it's not the central theme of Bleach, I think it could definitely could as "Transported to a different world", as half of it takes place in the other realms, and is key to the plot
                  Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
                  Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

For this list, I'd include Sword Art Online, as the action takes place in other worlds, especially the first 14 episodes of the 1st season. I always look on this type of genre where the MC or MCs suddenly find themselves taken to another world. For instance, I wouldn't look on the main, or TV series versions of Tenchi Muyo! as belonging in this category, where people boards spaceships to go to different planets, but would definitely include the excellent Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, as part of this genre. there have been a number of excellent entries listed, which I won't repeat, since there might be a few other titles that spring to mind.
                    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
                      For instance, I wouldn't look on the main, or TV series versions of Tenchi Muyo! as belonging in this category, where people boards spaceships to go to different planets, but would definitely include the excellent Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, as part of this genre.
                      yeah, I didn't want to specify every iteration of Tenchi Muyo! that doesn't exactly have the characters transporting, though because at least half of the franchise involves this kind of travel, I just generalized it. All the movies, Ai, WoG.. have some kind of transportation to an alternate time/universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                        yeah, I didn't want to specify every iteration of Tenchi Muyo! that doesn't exactly have the characters transporting, though because at least half of the franchise involves this kind of travel, I just generalized it. All the movies, Ai, WoG.. have some kind of transportation to an alternate time/universe.
                        Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. None of the series of the main franchise really count (except for the Time & Space Adventures piece of Tenchi Universe), but the movies all could to varying degrees. The third one is the best case. With the first two, it's more of

Spoiler ->a final boss only type thing. The first counts if you're considering time travel on its own to be part of the genre, but I'm iffy on that. The second one works if you consider Mayuka transported to the "regular world", kind of in the sense we have with The Devil is a Part Timer.

Though one in the franchise I was close to putting in my list wasn't any of them, but rather Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. I had fond memories of checking that series out. Though it's been a while since I've last seen it at this point.
                        Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 01-19-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Sabure got a prediction right before nominations ended, and now there's one before voting ends. Honestly, I think the Aniplex thing has already been true for a while now, too, anyway. Their most recent DVD-only releases were World Conquest and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic back in spring of 2015.
                          Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 01-20-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                            Sabure got a prediction right before nominations ended, and now there's one before voting ends.
                            Yeah, what's going on here? Are the planets aligned or something :D ?

Anyway awesome that AzuDai got re-solicited, and as a Sentai Select title which seems like the most logical choice.
                            Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                            Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabure View Post
                              Sabure got a prediction right before nominations ended, and now there's one before voting ends.
                              Must be. Anyhow, good call!
                              Avatar: Sakura Amamiya (Sakura Wars the Animation)
                              Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                              Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                                Originally posted by Sabure View Post
                                Must be. Anyhow, good call!
                                He, he, he. Okay, couple options: I can just ignore the AzuDai prediction...or, for those of you who already voted for that, I can let you cast that vote for something else, if you wish. And now that I'm at the end of that sentence, I've decided:

Dimension_Tripper, Jimmie M, Jun Kuga, Keith Palmer, Sabure, and TnAdct1: If you want--you are not required--to recast this one (1) vote to something else in the poll, please reply with your choice and I'll count it in the final tally. (I'm abstaining, myself.)

EDIT: And anyone thinking of voting for AzuDai in the poll, please don't. I won't count it.
                                Last edited by bctaris; 01-20-2016, 08:27 PM.
                                TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X