X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamada2
    replied
    Re: Episode 11 (OVA)

Kazuma showing how big a bastard and scumbag he is. Not letting up on his desires at all. That strip rock paper scissors, that lap and boob pillow (lol resting against Wiz's breasts like some nekoing king), getting his body cleaned by the girls, shaking his hips in front of Megumin's face, that bastard seriously went all out here. Then his confessions in the end lol. Those boob slaps though. Lol the goddess told Kazuma not to die in such a ridiculous way again.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Episode 11 (OVA)

So with this episode, we finally get to see the last remaining character from the first season's OP, a Crimson Mage rival of Megumin's called Yunyun. She gets the same "we've already met her" type introduction as Wiz got, but unlike her, there's not really much reason to believe much happened with their initial encounter, or that it had be that long ago either (seems like this episode takes place chronologically after they get their mansion, but before the Destroyer events, maybe between 8 and 9). She had only been hanging around Wiz's shop for the opportunity to come across Megumin. Love how conscientious she is of that, trying to look like a good customer when the fact comes up by grabbing an item to buy.

While it seems Yunyun is the one who is the most frustrated in this rivalry (it's implied she always loses), I could tell looking at her cleavage-bearing outfit what was probably going to be one of Megumin's issues with her, and sure enough... Poor Yunyun gets them slapped around quite goofily by Megumin. And much more ecchi hijinks ensue (as can be expected of an OVA) with Kazuma's cursed choker needing him to have his "wishes" fulfilled or death awaits him (potential death by choker kept making me think of TWGOK). And of course he demands Wiz, Darkness, Yunyun, and Megumin do all kinds of perverted games. It's interesting he never really seems interested in Aqua in that way. She's just reduced to being a gofer. Takes a while before Kazuma gets his first big comeuppance, but the last of the chores he demanded of Aqua did him in right when he was really crossing the line.

Was nice to get a bit of sweet moment with Megumin after that, when we see her thinking back on her attempts to join parties before coming across Kazuma and Aqua, and what that companionship since then has meant to her. This is all to convince Yunyun why she's even bothering to go through these things for Kazuma's sake, when she's just seeing him being a perverted asshole. Yunyun is kind of warmhearted as it is, and Megumin seems to appreciate her company despite their continuing entanglements. Ah, and of course Kazuma completely squanders all that goodwill immediately. He got what he really wanted wanted (not the perverted hijinks he took advantage of the situation with): peace and quiet, but then he goes and puts everyone down just as the choker is coming off. I love their way of showing him get his final comeuppance. He's threatened by Aqua to have the choker slapped back on him, then it immediately cuts to him in front of Eris (implying they did, and it put him out). They weren't taking any more crap at all...
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 06-27-2016, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied
    Re: Episode 10 (Season 1 Finale)

Originally posted by Paranoia Gent View Post
    Not a huge deal since the humour is the big draw, but I would like to see them go on an extended quest instead of simply (mostly) fighting at the city gates all the time.
    Also knowing nothing of the source when the series started, I kind of expected them to head off on an adventure during this season. But as I fell in love with the ED especially, and its tone and theme about the "home" life of the town, I liked that this spent 9 or so episodes focused on its eccentric character (full of eccentric characters). RPG style-ish, it was used as a home base as they went off on little missions to the countryside, of course, all in favor of completing the "tutorial" as Kazuma wryly notes at the end. So I would expect them to move onto to something longer afield next season...but if they spend half of it still stuck here, with this still mostly reliable comedy writing, I won't mind.

Fun, unexpected show. Missed getting the OP here, but as is the norm now (music publisher production partner probably always insisting...) they play the song during the initial battle. Very much looking forward to S2, especially if it starts with the girls having to break/bribe Kazuma out of prison.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoia Gent
    replied

Interesting. The anime had the pacing of something adapted from a 4-koma, it seemed to me. The way they would do a bit and then have an eyecatch, for example.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Originally posted by Paranoia Gent View Post
    I'm assuming this is based on a 4-koma manga so it probably will continue to be heavily episodic.
    Nah, this is based on light novel series.

Leave a comment:

• Yamada2
    replied

So the Destroyer is attacking and Kazuma is in no mood of leaving behind the house they earned after all they went through, so he's going out there along with his party. The plan is to get rid of its barrier through Aqua, and then have Megumin and Wiz blow it up. Things go as planned and they blow up the Destroyer.

But the destroyer starts to self destruct. Lol the creator of the Destroyer. He was told to make some walking fortress so he gave them an almost impossible task, and they completed that task lol. The guy did a half-assed job as he couldn't stop it in the end. The hell was up with that idiot?

Lol Wiz wanted to "suck it up" and Kazuma didn't bother asking what she wanted to suck. He didn't stall by asking what she wanted to suck – he assumed that it would be something more "fun". He should have considered the situation first.

Lol to transfer energy from Aqua to Megumin, Kazuma had to touch a part close to their heart. And to avoid the ecchi situation where the guy has no option but to touch the girl's breasts, he does it by touching the back of their necks.

And just when Kazuma was about to get his reward, he is summoned as the part which was about to explode was teleported to the mansion of some big guy and Kazuma had to take responsibility lol.

This show was a fun to watch. I initially dismissed it because it seemed like some typical harem stuff but this turned out to be better than I had first thought. The comedy hit the right spots. Kazuma was a cool guy. A bastard, but a cool guy. The girls were retarded. Great comedy. Can't wait for more retardedness in the next season.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoia Gent
    replied

Like the rest of you, I was very happy to hear we will get another serving of this very funny show. I hope there is more of an overarching story in the next season. I'm assuming this is based on a 4-koma manga so it probably will continue to be heavily episodic. Not a huge deal since the humour is the big draw, but I would like to see them go on an extended quest instead of simply (mostly) fighting at the city gates all the time.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Never takes itself seriously right up to the end, plenty of the funniest material of the series in the finale, and a continuation is already confirmed by the end card. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

:D "Lalatina". Cute hearing her charge in so happily. Of course the rest of the town has reasons for protecting it too, but pretty hilarious seeing Kazuma point out something we've recently discussed regarding the 'reality' of a game's difficulty- "Impossible game. Such a strong foe isn't supposed to come to a city of novice adventurers!" :D Hah, love the coincidental/unintentional parallel being thrown out about this particular RPG aspect.

I was expecting some collateral damage with Megumin's explosions, but surprisingly there wasn't any. Funny how she tries to evade having anything to do with Kazuma's party once they received the bad news. It's not like she was directly responsible, unlike those other times, notably when Aqua was also part of the problem.

Pity the best new show of the season is already over. Thankfully there's confirmation for a sequel, so definitely something to look forward to.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

When Aqua described what the Destroyer did and suggested they all run away, I just knew right there (before Kazuma even said it) what his reason to stay and fight was going to be. They only just got their house of luxury a few episodes ago. No way is he going to let that turn to rubble.

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    And Darkness is so sweet, with none of her usual oddities, about the meal her family provided (this is also a point of curiosity: always wonder what issues we're going to get later with a woman from an apparently wealthy background)
    And as I suspected... Darkness is one of those truly noble ojousama, even if her "selfless" sacrifices do sometimes carry a benefit for herself on the side. Cool that we get to hear her true name. Her reaction to Kazuma's attempt to call her by that right away was cute.

The backstory on the creator of the ancient weapon was hilariously in line with all the other mishaps of this messed world. I like how Kazuma was so ready to provide power to Wiz, not with any of the characteristic shyness of a light novel protagonist thinking he's about to kiss a girl, but getting drained by a cute lich ended up not being as pleasant as he expected.

It's reasonable to expect a high level former subordinate of the Demon King like Wiz to be able to do some powerful explosion magic of her own. I love how Megumin being disappointed she can't outdo that ends up getting her to push harder. Thanks to the Drain Touch ability Kazuma got from Wiz (love how so much stuff from over the course of the series comes together in this episode), Megumin is able to power up for a second explosion this time and her greatest ever.

I was wondering if Megumin's explosion was going to be too strong and destroy some or all of the city. Everything's fine on that end, but of course, it's the teleported coronatite that came back to bite Kazuma in the ass as I expected. Knew he was about to be placed under arrest when the woman from the capital showed up.

Not a bad stopping point, but... YESSS!!! Second season confirmed!!! I love it when I get to that message, not knowing if one's coming or not. And I'm happy to see it, as I think there's room for more fun to come in this series, hopefully as good as we've gotten so far.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 10 (Season 1 Finale)

Destroy the destroyer before it destroys the town.

With a double explosion provided by Megumin and Wiz, the Destroyer in the form of a giant spider is stopped in its tracks. But its self-destruction has been activated which would obliterate the town. So everybody goes in with Kazuma supplying mana for Wiz to teleport the core somewhere at random while Aqua supplies Megumin the mana so that she could cast a second explosion to save the day. But for Kazuma, he's under arrest as the core ended up destroying someone's mansion.

That was a nice way to end this season, and certainly Darkness, whose real name is Lalatina, got some great focus here as she's actually royalty. Of course, even though Kazuma was a hero, unfortunately his financial troubles continue. Of course, destroying one house is better than an entire town given the situation, but still he continues to go through a lot of trouble. Anyway, it's a great thing that a second season is coming seeing that ten episodes just isn't enough for a show like this.

Overall, this is such a fun show to watch. The characters are great, the setting is creative, and the atmosphere is fun. But above all, the comedy is just off the charts, and that's what carries this show in spite of its faults. The major issues I had with this show are the animation quality and that there wasn't much of a story to speak of and seeing that this show is only ten episodes long, it's pretty understandable. In any case, this show is one of the best surprises of the season and I am wholeheartedly looking forward to watching the sequel for this show.

MAL Rating: ********--

Leave a comment:

• Yamada2
    replied
    Re: Episode 9

Kazuma and his pitiful look at Aqua after learning why her intelligence won't go up anymore lol.

Those succubi and their boobies. Damn. Now we know where Deen used their budget. Just look at the jiggle on those things. And that succubus just had to fondle herself the whole time. Lol Kazuma asking if there isn't any issue with the age of his partner in the dream. Kazuma lolicon confirmed.

And he was told to not drink too much. Lol after seeing the other girls so happy with the meal he thought of joining them in drinking, but then immediately went to bed. The bastard. And he thought that when Darkness entered the bath while he was in it, it was the start of his dream and he had Darkness wash his back with her breasts, only to find out that the inexperienced succubus who was supposed to come got caught and that was all not a dream. And he went with the story that the succubus had controlled him and made him do those things to Darkness because everyone thought that was the case and it would be stupid to tell them what really happened. Kazuma is one hell of a bastard.

And now that destroyer will be coming. I wonder what stupidity they have in store for us for the finale.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Haha, oh gee, that sincerity..only to get up and leave. :D Loved that.

And just when I recently mentioned the thought of 'butch' women...only to coincidentally to see Kazuma imagining the same thing. :D

Darkness was definitely moe here, but I thought her masochism was strong enough to endure Kazuma's sudden character change. Loved how Kazuma was accepting of her though, despite 'configuring' for a loli.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Haha, this is the fanservice episode alright. Though I think it was for the best the held off so long before doing it, and with such a fittingly wacky setup for this series. I love the receptionist that Kazuma got. Hilarious getting the report on the state of male adventurers in this town, and Kazuma's reactions to that and to what the succubi could do as well... Speaking of adventurers, it turns out the ruffian always hanging around them at the guild wasn't even an adventurer this whole time. I liked that tidbit.

The previous episode we got to see some of Megumin outside of her usual shtick. And now this time we get that with Darkness with some adorable results for her as well. Funny just as soon as Kazuma signed up for a service for frustrated adventurers, he ends up having a unusually pleasant evening dinner with his companions. And Darkness is so sweet, with none of her usual oddities, about the meal her family provided (this is also a point of curiosity: always wonder what issues we're going to get later with a woman from an apparently wealthy background) that Kazuma actually gets to feeling guilty and having second thoughts about avoiding it. Sweet thought there too, though of course the opportunity for perverted antics is not going to be turned down. And the poor succubus who gets caught up in all of this is a much put-upon newcomer (funny how Aqua the goddess always turns out looking like the bully and villain when the party comes across the "demonic"). Kazuma in the end has to take some physical punishment for her sake. He seems to do that and take some responsibility whether it's on him (this time) or someone else (Aqua in the previous episode). Though on the other hand, he's still able to duck full disclosure to his companions by concocting a story.

So the "Destroyer" that got talked about a few times before is making an appearance for the finale. Seems like this season might end with a bang, quite literally if Megumin has anything to say about it.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Wow, I wasn't expecting that for the second-to-last episode of such a short series. I guess they just really wanted to sneak an ecchi episode in there. Although it actually turned out to be pretty tame, so I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X