Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 5

"Can I blow him up? Can I blow him up?" :lol: Too funny. I purged 9 underperforming shows off my current simulcast roster today and needless to say this title wasn't even close to being one of them.

Comment

Not sure how many takes they needed to get the best cut for that alligator scene, but Sora Amamiya's acting was just awesome. Loved all the nuances in her voice that made that desperation scene that much more hilarious. Hah, Darkness and her masochistic tendencies...blushing the entire time they were watching Aqua steep, only to followup with "It looks kind of fun..." :D And then Dullahan reappears and is pissed because he was ignored; oh, KonoSuba...:D

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
        Not sure how many takes they needed to get the best cut for that alligator scene, but Sora Amamiya's acting was just awesome. Loved all the nuances in her voice that made that desperation scene that much more hilarious.
        I was just going to mention that. I forgot Amamiya's a fairly new VA, but after some pretty highly visible dramatic roles I hope she gets typecast to more comedic stuff like this, at least for a little while. Uproariously funny. (Punch Line's Mikatan--aka Strange Juice--was a good precursor for this, though.)

But as we've suggested before, the whole main cast seems to be having fun with this one. Super-experienced sound director in Iwanami always helps, but whatever Kanasaki and associates are doing to get people keyed up in the booth, it's working.
        Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
        TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Not sure how many takes they needed to get the best cut for that alligator scene, but Sora Amamiya's acting was just awesome.
          Well there's a good reason why Amamiya won Best New Actress in the 9th Seiyuu Awards. She's putting her talents on full display here. I noticed how talented she is from her performance as Isla in Plastic Memories last season, and since then I became a fan*.

Spoiler ->as long as she doesn't bring her talents to South Beach :D .

Last edited by Sabure; 02-11-2016, 08:11 AM.
          Currently Watching | MAL Profile
          Let's make anime great again!

Comment

And so we meet another victim of Aqua – Kyouya was also the chosen one who would defeat the demon king. He chose a holy sword only he could use. But Kazuma thought he was smarter and chose the goddess herself, which ended up being not that good a decision but anyway, this episode does show that if she wants, she can be pretty damn useful. Lol how Kazuma had her in a cage and didn't go help her even after she got surrounded by dozens of alligators. Way to make her work seriously.

Liked the fight between Kazuma and Kyouya. He stole the guy's sword right off the bat and accidentally hit him on the head because the sword was too heavy. Lol how he scared the two girls away. And who is spreading those weird ass rumours about him? Lol.

I wonder what he will steal if he uses that power on Aqua.... He should use it on her some time.
            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 6

Let's flood this place.

As it turns out, Megumin has been continuing her explosion practice on the castle in secret with Aqua carrying her away. She unleashes her magic on the dullahan and while it wiped out his army, Verdia himself was still standing. Using his RPG experience, Kazuma figures out that dullahans are weak against water, and Aqua's magic flooded the place, while Kazuma stole his head and that allowed for Aqua to send him off. They got a huge reward, but thanks to the damage Aqua caused they acquired a huge debt.

That was hilariously funny how this battle went down from Darkness taking more hits, Kazuma calling Aqua names before she casts her spells, and Verdia's head being used as a soccer ball. In all, I would like to think that the dullahan got sent to this world after being punched by Saitama seeing that he fits in very nicely as a villain in One Punch Man. Anyway, this show continues to be arguably the best comedy of the season (though there's plenty of competition for that).
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
              Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 6

Hah, Megumin is still the cutest. Kazuma had thought that he had put the matter of Dullahan's castle to rest, but Megumin just couldn't resist the temptation and had been bringing Aqua along instead this for daily castle explosions the whole time. :D Kazuma provided a good undead army target for her to actually make use of her potential for awesomeness. Ah, and a very fun post-credits letter from her this time too.

So we have the party taking on a serious enemy finally, but that doesn't mean the battle has to be that serious. Fittingly for this show, it's a laugh fest the whole time. I thought those guys might have been dead: it was still kind of funny for the nobodies to be acknowledged by Darkness so emotionally, but no, they're all still good. RPG resurrection magic is in effect here (sometimes one of the first thing a more serious, dramatic RPG parody abandons of the usual game mechanics).

Kazuma knew he had to triumph in some way here, because the city heroes were going to be counting on Mitsurugi if not, unaware (like Kazuma is) of what became of the poor dude's sword of awesomeness. They get a handsome reward, but of course the collateral damage this team always cancels everything out. Kazuma realizes there's no chance to live the high life in this messed up world. He's got to keep his efforts focused on getting the heck out.
                Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 02-17-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Even with a real battle against a real boss, this show makes sure never to take itself seriously. That's good; I don't know what I'd think if it suddenly did at this point. Hopefully that remains the case for the second half, no matter where the "plot" goes.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

hah! So all this time Dullahan wasn't ignored; he really was under those continuous assaults..Hilarious that Megumin and Aqua try to deny their covert operations. :D And perverted Darkness never fails to creep out everyone...still, it was rather moe for her wishing those 'fallen' guys were still alive for a toast. Her unconditional love also continues to show as she once again, prays for her defeated enemies. I suppose that's what fuels her masochistic tendencies to run full force. :D

And poor Kazuma. He's already sick and tired being around these girls..

though I have a feeling that once he returns to his real life, he'll miss them. Maybe not miss their uselessness, but he'll regret not having a trio of eccentric girls he can just enjoy hanging out with.

Comment

God, the acting delight continues. Yasumoto, now, as Dullahan, panicking like Amamiya's been doing. (And continues to do here.)

What's amazing is that this was so comical within basically two set pieces, and mostly just the one, outside the gate. And that it was almost all carried on call-backs to jokes from the first Dullahan episode.

So, so fun.
                      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                      TFP Forum Rules

Comment

I'll miss Dully-kun: he was hilarious. I also liked that he had kind of a code of honour. No doubt a relic of his knightly origins. I loved how he was disgusted that the party hadn't tried to avenge the "death" of its Crusader. I also chuckled hard at the crowd's reaction to Megumin's explosion: all those references to "crazy girl." And then Megumin asking Kazuma to help her remember faces so that she could blow them up later, ha ha. Unfunny, this show ain't.

Comment

though I have a feeling that once he returns to his real life, he'll miss them. Maybe not miss their uselessness, but he'll regret not having a trio of eccentric girls he can just enjoy hanging out with.
                          I'm not under the impression that he gets his original life back if he manages to defeat the Demon King. He's dead, that's it. The gods merely took pity on him since he died so young, but this is it. This is his second chance at life. Though the question is what that life would be like after the Demon King is defeated. Only Aqua gets to go back to her original life in the…Astral Plane or wherever she was, sitting in judgment upon the dead.

I have a strange theory about the Demon King though (not based upon any reading up on this franchise—this is pure speculation): I'll bet the "Demon King" is actually a cute girl from Earth who died young and was given another chance, just like Kazuma here, and became the Demon King. That would kind of be appropriate for this screwed up RPG parody world.
                          Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                          Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                            I'm not under the impression that he gets his original life back if he manages to defeat the Demon King. He's dead, that's it. The gods merely took pity on him since he died so young, but this is it. This is his second chance at life. Though the question is what that life would be like after the Demon King is defeated. Only Aqua gets to go back to her original life in the…Astral Plane or wherever she was, sitting in judgment upon the dead.
                            I guess his yearning to return home and Aqua's criticism of him reverting to his NEET self (much to his defense that he wasn't) if he does return, somewhat gave off hints to the 'I'm going home' flag. Of course that's all theoretical since we never did see what really happened to him after he was hit, so it could go either way. Though common with the trope if he does resurrect, I think he's just in shock/coma, isn't really dead and is likely under some 'spirited away'/out-of-body/astral projection type of resuscitation.

I have a strange theory about the Demon King though (not based upon any reading up on this franchise—this is pure speculation): I'll bet the "Demon King" is actually a cute girl from Earth who died young and was given another chance, just like Kazuma here, and became the Demon King. That would kind of be appropriate for this screwed up RPG parody world.
                            That would be really amusing. Should be interesting to see how he'll react to maybe, yet another, incompetent character to all the incompetent, 'useless' characters he's run into. I can also imagine the 'Demon King' as nothing but a NEET/hikikomori, and gets easily defeated without much effort from Aqua, Megumin, or Darkness, even by accident. How devastated Kazuma will be to find out that's the case? Or better yet, how underwhelmed he'll be expecting something like that to happen. :D

Comment

I guess his yearning to return home and Aqua's criticism of him reverting to his NEET self (much to his defense that he wasn't) if he does return, somewhat gave off hints to the 'I'm going home' flag. Of course that's all theoretical since we never did see what really happened to him after he was hit, so it could go either way. Though common with the trope if he does resurrect, I think he's just in shock/coma, isn't really dead and is likely under some 'spirited away'/out-of-body/astral projection type of resuscitation.
                              Ahh, I see what angle you're suggesting and I can buy that, that this whole thing is actually a near-death delusion or some kind of delusion while he's wavering in limbo between life and death and there is the chance of his being "resurrected" in real life. That's entirely possible with what we've seen so far, but would make much greater sense if people he knew from real life were to pop up as characters in this delusion, which doesn't seem to have happened so far…but that doesn't mean that they won't.

That would be really amusing. Should be interesting to see how he'll react to maybe, yet another, incompetent character to all the incompetent, 'useless' characters he's run into. I can also imagine the 'Demon King' as nothing but a NEET/hikikomori, and gets easily defeated without much effort from Aqua, Megumin, or Darkness, even by accident. How devastated Kazuma will be to find out that's the case? Or better yet, how underwhelmed he'll be expecting something like that to happen. :D
                              Yeah. Now this would be the key your thoughts about this being Kazuma's near-death experience. If the Demon King turned out to be someone he knew in life, say the pretty girl in school he's crushing hard on and never had the guts to confess to, that would very much work with your idea.
                              Last edited by Hitsugi Amachi; 02-18-2016, 12:39 PM.
                              Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                              Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                              Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

That definitely would be something if the Demon King is actually a queen who has taken a liking to Kazuma. That certainly would fit in quite well with the silly nature of this show. In any case, I can't see Kazuma wanting to leave this world when it is all said and done seeing that he is enjoying himself too much with his bungling band of adventurers. Whatever it ends up being, I'm pretty sure that something unexpected will happen in regards to who the Demon King is.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
                                Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X