• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 9

In your dreams, adventurer.

Kazuma stumbles upon a night club run by succubi and signs a contract to have his desires fulfilled. That night, the party has dinner with premium quality crabs and booze to celebrate moving into their new home. Then Kazuma has trouble sleeping and ends up taking a bath where gets sleepy, and he wakes up when Darkness is there. As it turns out, he's being controlled by the succubus and one of them was caught in one of Aqua's traps, all while Kazuma gets a good beating. And now, there's a huge enemy threat coming.

That was quite lewd, and it certainly came out of nowhere. Kazuma needs to exercise better judgment there seeing that there's a good reason why places like those are well hidden, and that succubi are usually there solely for the purposes of seducing. Anyway, Kazuma sure was hilarious in the "dream" sequence I never knew that he could be so bold, but of course that really isn't his nature to have an intelligence level lower than Aqua's. With that, there's one more episode left to go.

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied
    Re: Episode 8

Originally posted by Paranoia Gent View Post
    Yeah, I suspect Wiz's treatment had more to do with trying to cram things into a 1-cours season as opposed to any sort of deliberate clever structural thing.
    Well, yes...and to fit her in they employed a "clever structural thing."

On the other hand, this depends on what the novels originally did with her.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoia Gent
    replied

Yeah, I suspect Wiz's treatment had more to do with trying to cram things into a 1-cours season as opposed to any sort of deliberate clever structural thing.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
    Not sure if you guys are aware, but Wiz's proper introduction will supposedly be in the OVA included with one of the future volumes.
    It looks some some of the focus in the OVA will be on a character that won't appear in the TV series. But Wiz appears to be in that preview footage too, so maybe that's right.

Leave a comment:

• Asrialys
    replied

Not sure if you guys are aware, but Wiz's proper introduction will supposedly be in the OVA included with one of the future volumes.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by bctaris View Post

Experimental way to tell this episode's story, not giving us the full backstory on Wiz and this unseen quest at the graveyard in order to use it as a sort of punchline for the episode. (If we'd known the graveyard quest, and therefore Wiz, we would already have guessed the mansion ghosts were from there.) Clever but a little risky, because the discombobulation didn't make it laugh-out-loud funny until the doll--and that great line. And all the slapstick needing-to-go by Kazuma and Megumin (who does look very different out of her chuuni garb).
    Excellent point. Not sure how the events played out in the source, though if being a case of editing to not only condense the content within time constraints, but to also use it toward the comedic flow, then the scriptwriter is doing a fine job. I guess we see this happen a lot, but maybe not actually consider the effect until the punchline; sort of what we got with Verdia and the revelation he really was a perv. :D

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied

I am very behind on episodes this week...

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    "A cliched development like this can't be happening!" Gold. :D
    Experimental way to tell this episode's story, not giving us the full backstory on Wiz and this unseen quest at the graveyard in order to use it as a sort of punchline for the episode. (If we'd known the graveyard quest, and therefore Wiz, we would already have guessed the mansion ghosts were from there.) Clever but a little risky, because the discombobulation didn't make it laugh-out-loud funny until the doll--and that great line. And all the slapstick needing-to-go by Kazuma and Megumin (who does look very different out of her chuuni garb).

But then again, thinking about it, this show has had a few experimental story structures--some familiar, like Kazuma's death last episode, some more subtle, like the A-B structure of episode five, or especially episode six taking place in basically one scene, stage-like, and all the humor based on callbacks. There's a reason this has been consistently funny: it's a smart show willing to try different ideas.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
    Haha. The Rozen Maiden were there too, just in different colors.
    Oh wow, I wasn't paying attention (should have noticed that), but yeah, definitely a reference. There's an animation studio connection, since Deen did Zur├╝ckspulen.

Leave a comment:

• Yamada2
    replied

I think they should have shown the group's interaction with Wiz and how they screw things up there. Things didn't feel right here because we don't know how they're acquainted with Wiz and why Aqua was pissed at her etc. But anyway, their interaction with Wiz was another case of retardedness lol.

So Wiz is one of the demon king's generals or something and has a barrier to prevent people from reaching him. But she doesn't want to die. And she was expecting Aqua to hold back lol.
    Lol I did not expect Mr Dullahan to be a pervert. Although he found a pretty neat way of using his head lol.

So a mansion is haunted and evil spirits keep on coming there no matter how many times they're exorcised. And Aqua takes care of those scary dolls haunting the place and not letting the residents go to the washroom in peace. But it was her own fault in the first place since her previous exorcism at the graveyard in Wiz's stead caused this.

And what the hell is up with that woman? Why are you burning someone's clothes for fire? What is wrong with you? Her retardedness knows no bounds.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Originally posted by cxt217 View Post
    I have to wonder if the series is going to end with one cour, because the last couple episodes seem have been sideshows and there is only 4 or 5 episodes left - which is enough to stop the story in the middle of a cliffhanger.
    I think as is common with Kadokawa series (the 10 episode thing), there's only two left. At least, that's all that's been solicited for home video.

Leave a comment:

• Asrialys
    replied

Haha. The Rozen Maiden were there too, just in different colors.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by cxt217 View Post
    I have to wonder if the series is going to end with one cour, because the last couple episodes seem have been sideshows and there is only 4 or 5 episodes left - which is enough to stop the story in the middle of a cliffhanger.

C.T.
    Seems to be the case. The episode felt a little rushed, notably with how little backstory we got from Kazuma's acquaintance with Wiz and what Aqua did to that cemetery. Though seeing how this is one of the better performing series as far as sales go, I'm hoping there'll be at least another season.

Leave a comment:

• cxt217
    replied

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    The party ends up exorcising some ghosts at a mansion by a cemetery in the form the of dolls to get their much-needed house hat is the result of Wiz erecting a barrier at the cemetery to chase the spirits into the mansion as a prank.
    No, I think it was our favorite water goddess who created the barrier, since Kazuma refused the payment and Aqua meekly agreed. And it was not from pranking, but sheer laziness on Aqua's part.

Originally posted by Jun Kuga View Post
    I was getting a serious Pamela Ibis vibe from Wiz throughout the episode - for anyone familiar with the Atelier series of games. The same sort of character in the same sort of role, it seems.
    Wiz is a lich (Though her type of lich is closer to Puella Magi Madoka Magica than AD&D.). Pamela is a ghost. Both are nice, but Wiz seems capable while Pamela is an airhead. And Wiz seems more useful too.

C.T.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

"A cliched development like this can't be happening!" Gold. :D

Though I think anyone would be scared pissless too. Loved the Verdia bit; but just as amusing was how the animators went so far as to actually detail Kazuma shuddering, holding his urge to go, right as he tries run from Megumin. hah, those minute details can express so much.

Whew, still trying to contain my laugh...this show is such a hilarious treasure.
    Last edited by Sensuifu; 03-03-2016, 12:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoia Gent
    replied

At first I thought Lich was from an earlier episode that I had missed, but I guess that was just a different way of introducing a new character we've never seen before. Gawd, as if I don't have enough doubts about my memory already. Anyway, I'm glad the gang has a sweet new crib to stay in. I'm not sure how much longer Aqua and Kazuma could have stood that stable. Dolls are creepy.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X